Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If you were the GM and both were available, who would you draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Randy Meuller from the Athletic on Maye:

His biggest asset, and probably what I hear most often as his top redeeming quality, is his size. Clearly, that can’t be argued: 6-foot-4 and 223 pounds is the frame we are all looking for, so you’ll get no dispute there from me. But the traits that follow are mostly ordinary. That includes processing (questionable decision-making), accuracy (very inconsistent) and his semi-long release, which slows his ability to get the ball out of his hand. And yes, I watched some of the 2022 season as well. I struggled most with the frequency of his misses and his decision-making under pressure. I think he can improve on some of these things, but it’s going to take time, and it requires a leap of faith that I’m not ready to make.

Randy Mueller spent 35 years in the NFL at all levels of football operations, from ballboy to general manager. A former NFL Executive of the Year...
His history is not spectacular:

Same guy that said he'd take Bryce Young very high in the first round, he had him #2 to Stroud but #5 overall. You lose me as an evaluator if you thought Bryce Young was a first-round pick.

6 Months later, after 8 NFL games and all of a sudden he's saying Young needs to be in a perfect situation to have NFL success? Complete 180 after 8 games? Great evaluator, NOT!

He watched "some of Maye's 2022 season", not all of it? Lazy.

This guy is a bit off from the consensus, he has Odunze over Nabors and Harrison, McCarthy over everyone but Williams at QB.
Last year had Tyree Wilson as a better prospect than CJ Stroud.

Bailey Zappe was his #2 QB in 2022, did not have Sauce Gardner in his top 10 but had Trent McDuffie.

He was also in 2021 listed top 10 NFL QB's under 33, did poorly there too, he seems to not be a very good QB evaluator.

Randy Meuller from the Athletic on Maye:

His biggest asset, and probably what I hear most often as his top redeeming quality, is his size. Clearly, that can’t be argued: 6-foot-4 and 223 pounds is the frame we are all looking for, so you’ll get no dispute there from me. But the traits that follow are mostly ordinary. That includes processing (questionable decision-making), accuracy (very inconsistent) and his semi-long release, which slows his ability to get the ball out of his hand. And yes, I watched some of the 2022 season as well. I struggled most with the frequency of his misses and his decision-making under pressure. I think he can improve on some of these things, but it’s going to take time, and it requires a leap of faith that I’m not ready to make.

Randy Mueller spent 35 years in the NFL at all levels of football operations, from ballboy to general manager. A former NFL Executive of the Year...
He's tall and he has a strong arm. Where have I heard that one before?

An draft analysts mentioned Daniel's game was like Randall Cunningham, and maye was like a Josh Allen type..
He certainly doesn't have Cunningham's arm.

Sorry everyone. We aren't taking any of these QBs. There's a dark horse QB that no one has ever heard of. He/she/it was just selected...

Maye led the team in rushing that year, Drake Maye, Patrick Mahomes and Johnny Manziel are the last 3 QB's to have averaged 300 yards per game passing and also led their team in rushing in college.
Jayden Daniels did that last year- so he belongs on n the list. I think he is the only person this century to average 300 passing yards and 75 rushing yards per game.

Jayden Daniels did that last year- so he belongs on n the list. I think he is the only person this century to average 300 passing yards and 75 rushing yards per game.
Good point, pretty amazing 2 guys do that in back to back years

We don't know that yet.. let's see him come week 1.. college game is different from the pros as you know.
Arm strength is arm strength.

If this draft goes as currently predicted - Caleb Williams 1, Jayden Daniels 2, Drake Maye 3, then I think pretty much each fanbase would be happy with who they got.

Jayden Daniels has the chance to be the most explosive dual threat of the 3 because he can make so many plays with his legs but questions still remain about his size and his ability to stay healthy at the pro level against bigger stronger defenders.

Drake Maye has some questions about his footwork and his production decline in his last season, but he looks to have much better size and durability for the NFL than Daniels, and looks to have a stronger arm and playmaking ability in the air.

McCarthy is a wildcard in this QB class, but I have a feeling that the Chargers might trade down to allow a team to move up for him or he might not get past the Giants at #6.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back