PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft bust owes Lions $6.1 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Lions win this lawsuit, then Lions season ticket holders should be able to sue that franchise for a refund as well.

On a side note, I bet the NFL uses this as a bargaining chip in the CBA negotiations. So-called guaranteed money will no longer be guaranteed if you get in trouble or fail a drug test. If the NFLPA cries foul, they'll lose in the court of public opinion with examples such as Rogers, Vick, and Pacman; if nothing else it will devolve into a pro/anti drug use debate. This decision could have as much or more to do with the CBA than it does with the Lions and Rogers.

If the Lions win this lawsuit, then Lions season ticket holders should be able to sue that franchise for a refund as well.

Actually they already won the suit, I think you misread the article.

Anyway the Lions deserve some blame for throwing so much money at a guy with a history of drug use, but overall I agree this will affect the CBA. The stupidity of Matt Millen for drafting the guy aside, the owners will want more reassurance that high draft picks aren't able to run off with millions like this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST