PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Board Civility Policy

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The PatsFans.com draft board has always been a little island of real football talk, mostly free of Jets trolls and other nasty infestations. To keep it that way, I'd like to restate the board civility policy as we enter peak draft season:

If you disagree with another poster's football opinions, please respond with observations, data, links, theories or even wild speculation to support your opposing view. Please do NOT respond by attacking his intelligence, character, fan allegience, parentage or penis size.

Personal insults may subject you to post deletions, or bans from individual threads, the draft board, or the site. Thank you.

FAQ:

I am on a mission from God to cleanse this sacred board of idiots. You must not stand in my way.

Power to you, brother! The problem is that when you insult an idiot, he naturally insults you back. Then the formerly useful thread turns into an infantile pissing contest, and the SMART posters leave. This "no insult" thing isn't about delicacy, it's about preserving the quality of discussion.

But he IS a %&@#$ idiot. It would be dishonest not to call him one. This is a moral imperative.

It's certainly possible that your fellow poster has the intelligence of a day-old crumpet. But here's a little messageboard secret: If you sweetly pat him on the head and explain why he's wrong, then he looks like the idiot he is and you look smart. But if you just call him stupid names, YOU look like the idiot and he looks like an innocent victim. And that would be a travesty.

I saw another poster call somebody a %&@#$ idiot and you didn't delete that post. Therefore I'm allowed to call people that any time I want to, forever.

Yeah, and I bet the state trooper loved your "everybody else was speeding too" defense, eh? Look, I don't see every post on the board. And occasionally I arrive at a pissing contest so late that cleaning it up is hopeless. Please act like a grownup anyway, OK?

But the idiot poster really does have a very small penis.

OK, and I don't have one at all. Whatever.

The PatsFans.com draft board has always been a little island of real football talk, mostly free of Jets trolls and other nasty infestations. To keep it that way, I'd like to restate the board civility policy as we enter peak draft season:

If you disagree with another poster's football opinions, please respond with observations, data, links, theories or even wild speculation to support your opposing view. Please do NOT respond by attacking his intelligence, character, fan allegience, parentage or penis size.

Personal insults may subject you to post deletions, or bans from individual threads, the draft board, or the site. Thank you.

FAQ:

I am on a mission from God to cleanse this sacred board of idiots. You must not stand in my way.

Power to you, brother! The problem is that when you insult an idiot, he naturally insults you back. Then the formerly useful thread turns into an infantile pissing contest, and the SMART posters leave. This "no insult" thing isn't about delicacy, it's about preserving the quality of discussion.

But he IS a %&@#$ idiot. It would be dishonest not to call him one. This is a moral imperative.

It's certainly possible that your fellow poster has the intelligence of a day-old crumpet. But here's a little messageboard secret: If you sweetly pat him on the head and explain why he's wrong, then he looks like the idiot he is and you look smart. But if you just call him stupid names, YOU look like the idiot and he looks like an innocent victim. And that would be a travesty.

I saw another poster call somebody a %&@#$ idiot and you didn't delete that post. Therefore I'm allowed to call people that any time I want to, forever.

Yeah, and I bet the state trooper loved your "everybody else was speeding too" defense, eh? Look, I don't see every post on the board. And occasionally I arrive at a pissing contest so late that cleaning it up is hopeless. Please act like a grownup anyway, OK?

But the idiot poster really does have a very small penis.

OK, and I don't have one at all.

Whatever.

Best FAQ ever.

I'll second that.

Oh.

My.

GOD.

I am now OFFICIALLY Head Over Heals MADLY In Love With Sister PatChick.

The fact that every last one of those remonstrations felt as if they were directed SPECIFICALLY at me only ENHANCES my Abject Devotion.

Sister Pat, I assume that you are 22, 5.4/105 Pounds, Just Looking For The Right Guy, and CAN Rush The Passer.

If any of my assumptions are incorrect, I assure you there is NO need to dispel my delusions, for I assure you that I am NOT The Right Guy!! :D

Maybe moving up for Julio Jones wouldn't be that bad an idea?

Maybe moving up for Julio Jones wouldn't be that bad an idea?

Well now that Moss is gone, we don't have any receivers who can stretch the field. I'd trade No. 17, 28 and 33 and move up to get AJ Green. Too bad BB doesn't have balls to move up to get an impact player.

(This is a test....This is only a test)

Well now that Moss is gone, we don't have any receivers who can stretch the field. I'd trade No. 17, 28 and 33 and move up to get AJ Green. Too bad BB doesn't have balls to move up to get an impact player.

None of this would be necessary if he had been smart enough to draft Dez Bryant.

Dear patchick,

I'm acquainted with several fine gentleman here along the coast of Maine who would be eager to explore the possibility of a relationship with you. Especially if you own a boat. If you're interested, please email me:

[email protected]

If you wouldn't mind very much, please included measurements and photo.

Of the boat.

This thread is so dumbassed.

j/k

Great, great thread.

And by the way, Townes really IS an idiot, or at least portrays one in cyberspace. :D

Great, great thread.

And by the way, Townes really IS an idiot, or at least portrays one in cyberspace. :D

I though he was going for the irony with that last comment. But . . . . .

%&#$ YOU!

d%#*!@t! :ugh:

Hah!! LMAO!!
jester.gif

It's a learning process.

Baby steps.

Hah HAH!!
jester.gif

None of this would be necessary if he had been smart enough to draft Dez Bryant.

Best Thread EVER!!!
jester.gif

Should probably sticky this.

Should probably sticky this.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TELLING THE MODS WHAT TO DO ??!!...er I mean that is a valuable suggestion, convertedpatsfan, thank you for your contribution to this thread.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TELLING THE MODS WHAT TO DO ??!!...er I mean that is a valuable suggestion, convertedpatsfan, thank you for your contribution to this thread.
With penis envy already stolen, what else could he do?

:rofl:

I wonder if we should lobby for an exemption when it comes to Jets/Bills fans though.

Last edited:
Is this the thread in which I remind poeple of how brilliant I was in wanting Clay Matthews, and how stupid those were that wanted Connor Barwin.:rofl:

Seriously, the draft process now enter the last 2 months and this is the time where people start to fall in love with players. Or, they start to really dislike players. It's all just OPINION. No one is right, except for me, or wrong at this stage.

Just keep your disagreements confined to your opinion of a player or a certain trade/pick to your well educated opinion and don't start calling names or insult people who look at things differently.

We have a new tool this year that can ban posters from threads if they can't play well with others. We don't want to use it, but we will. Ian has a WMD that can take a poster from the Draft Forum for the duration and beyond if there are repeated offenses.

Let's avoid all that by being civil.

everyone is allowed 1 GFY reply to this one post only, just to get it out of your system so you can move on.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back