PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't Look Now...

BB seems to love this team. And they are ascending. They’ve also shown well in losses - sabotaged by baffling plays/errors.

I still think the road ahead is tough. NE is solid, but they don’t have the type of team that is so strong they can overcome penalties & turnovers consistently.

Would love to see them win 10-11. But I could also see them 9-8…
For them to end up 9-8, they’d have to go 4-4 in their next 8 games against: Buffalo x2, Cleveland, Tennessee, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Indianapolis and Miami.

For them to end up 9-8, they’d have to go 4-4 in their next 8 games against: Buffalo x2, Cleveland, Tennessee, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Indianapolis and Miami.
Yes. They could easily lose to any of those teams (though Jax unlikely). I can see them splitting BUF, defeating Miami - Atlanta - Jax. Losing to CLE - Indy - Tenn.

Pretty much every game is a playoff game for the rest of the season. Even though they have a little wiggle room they are going to have to keep improving and keep winning to get in.
We can probably drop 3.

However a 11-6 finish would be unbelievable.

Broken record but I think we finish 5-3 against those teams and a 10-7 record.

I think both the Buffalo games are winnable, but Tennessee even without Henry is going to be a handful.

Yes. They could easily lose to any of those teams (though Jax unlikely). I can see them splitting BUF, defeating Miami - Atlanta - Jax. Losing to CLE - Indy - Tenn.
Broken record but I think we finish 5-3 against those teams and a 10-7 record.
I think both the Buffalo games are winnable, but Tennessee even without Henry is going to be a handful.
Yeah, I was just putting the upcoming games up for informational purposes, wasn't trying to say going 4-4 would be ridiculous or anything. I could've phrased it better.

I personally am thinking a 5-3 finish feels more likely with the momentum they've built. If they can pull ahead of Buffalo for the division that'd be huge, obviously, and winning against Cleveland would be big for playoff spot positioning. Despite being 5-4, 3 of those Patriots losses are actually against NFC teams, so they end up winning most tiebreakers against teams they haven't played directly yet. Against the AFC, the Patriots are 4-1 - the only teams that match or beat them intra-conference are Vegas (4-1) and Tennessee (5-1).

Pretty much every game is a playoff game for the rest of the season. Even though they have a little wiggle room they are going to have to keep improving and keep winning to get in.
Yup. Imperative to keep winning as we approach that 11/28 - 12/26 stretch where we play Tits, Bills, Colts, Bills.

I can see them dropping both to Buffalo, but beating Indy and Tennessee. Ultimately however it’s really just one game at a time, with beating Cleveland the priority this week. Every game north of .500 gives them a better and better chance.

I think 10-7 is doable. Shame we couldn't take tampa, miami or Dallas. But the charger game was a toss up.

If BB keeps chubb quiet I like our chances next week.

10-7 is a great record with a rookie qb. Onwards.

BB seems to love this team. And they are ascending. They’ve also shown well in losses - sabotaged by baffling plays/errors.

I still think the road ahead is tough. NE is solid, but they don’t have the type of team that is so strong they can overcome penalties & turnovers consistently.

Would love to see them win 10-11. But I could also see them 9-8…
I think they win 12 or 13 and take the division

If we can beat Cleveland than IMO, the division will be there for the taking and we also be in prime position for a WC. I really wish we beat Miami in week one.

I think 10-7 is doable. Shame we couldn't take tampa, miami or Dallas. But the charger game was a toss up.

If BB keeps chubb quiet I like our chances next week.

10-7 is a great record with a rookie qb. Onwards.
I really think 11 wins is on the table depending on how we do vs the Bills who look awful right now.

If we can beat Cleveland than IMO, the division will be there for the taking and we also be in prime position for a WC. I really wish we beat Miami in week one.
Thats weird, I didn't think Tampa Bay had any games against Miami or Cleveland left on their schedule.;)

7ACXTS2KFVCYPB53BTTMIBBHGU.jpg
Lol I love that you made it your profile picture too

Mac looks like he's regressed the past few weeks. Need him to have a strong game.
Injury, rookie wall, teams have more tape on him? I don’t know. He sure hasn’t looked right though. Gonna need him to get back to consistent game mgr if he keeps it up with the errant throws and drive killers. Boy is he fun to watch though.

Injury, rookie wall, teams have more tape on him? I don’t know. He sure hasn’t looked right though. Gonna need him to get back to consistent game mgr if he keeps it up with the errant throws and drive killers. Boy is he fun to watch though.
Maybe all three? Honestly if it was, then I’m happier about him...

how would a qb be takes advantage of with more tape out? Somebody explain.

I posted this in the post game thread, but it is probably more appropriate for here,

Not sure about the Jets comment, but I like the rest.

From Peter King's Monday column about teams he is bullish on:

2. New England. One coach told me over the weekend he thinks the Patriots are better than the Bills. “Excellent, deep defense,” he said, “and Mac Jones is every bit as good as Joe Burrow.” Interesting. The Pats are a half-game behind Buffalo, but there’s one important standings factor to remember: Buffalo hasn’t played the Jets yet, and New England has finished with the Jets. Jones has been terrific, quickly. Bills-Pats, twice in 21 days in December, should be fun.

I posted this in the post game thread, but it is probably more appropriate for here,

Not sure about the Jets comment, but I like the rest.

From Peter King's Monday column about teams he is bullish on:

2. New England. One coach told me over the weekend he thinks the Patriots are better than the Bills. “Excellent, deep defense,” he said, “and Mac Jones is every bit as good as Joe Burrow.” Interesting. The Pats are a half-game behind Buffalo, but there’s one important standings factor to remember: Buffalo hasn’t played the Jets yet, and New England has finished with the Jets. Jones has been terrific, quickly. Bills-Pats, twice in 21 days in December, should be fun.

The Jets point is a really good one. The only thing though is we still have to play the Bills twice too so the scales could go either way. Allen looks as lost as Mahomes right now. Strange season.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back