PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dont get your hopes up but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's looking good in shorts? We're all set!!

No, you got it backwards. He's not looking good in shorts. Or perhaps he's looking good in sweatpants.

Personally, I think it's just another few weeks before that fit him for a grey hoodie. :eek:

Last edited:
A source inside the stadium has reported that both Crable and Woods were practicing in jean shorts or "jorts" for the later portion of the practice session. Both were fluid off the edge in denim.

:nono:

Y'all are bagging on the O.P. for answering my question with what he's heard. That's just not right.

Re: Dont get your hopes up but....

1) Yes, Belichick has enough confidence in Crable, Woods and Banta-Cain not to draft an OLB.

2) Yes, Belichick so much confidence in all the OLB's (to play opposite Thomas) to be looking at Peppers, Taylor, Burgess and whoever else he can think of as a possible upgrade. I expect that at least one of his assistants is spending all of his or her time finding a linebacker or two and negotiating with teams and agents.

3) I agree that Belichick doesn't know who the starter is. After all, he has no clue what anyone he has can produce and he is negotiating with other teams for an upgrade or at least for competition for the starter spot.

4) Yes, he has enough confidence in Redd to cut Robertson. This supreme confidence will likely get Redd a practice squad position if he beats out Craig.

5) If Guyton is only fit to be a situational backup AND Bruschi has little left in the tank, then Thomas will need to move inside.

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, BB doesn't yet know who will be the starter at OLB opposite AD this year? He seems to have a fair amount of confidence in the young guys - Woods, Crable, and Redd - but I'm assuming that whoever plays the best in training camp will win the job.

It's even remotely possible that Woods and Crable could both play well and end up at OLB, with Thomas moving inside. I don't think that's very likely, but stranger things have happened.

Here's hoping that Crable ends up being the best 3-4 OLB named Shawn(e) in the NFL this year.

This is indeed good news. Crable looked good in last year's camp and in the preseason. Also, I'm sure that Belichick expected him to be a major contributer in 2009 or he wouldn't have used a 3rd to draft him. Belichick clearly thinks that he has the talent to start.

...From someone i trust working inside the stadium. Shawn Crable has been very impressive.

Once again. Dont build this into anything more than it is but i have heard some rather good remarks from our 2nd year OLB.

Re: Dont get your hopes up but....

1) Yes, Belichick has enough confidence in Crable, Woods and Banta-Cain not to draft an OLB.

Thin year for linebackers this season, as evidenced by the number drafted, the comments by Polian, and the lack of them taken by the Belichick/Parcells tree teams.

2) Yes, Belichick so much confidence in all the OLB's (to play opposite Thomas) to be looking at Peppers, Taylor, Burgess and whoever else he can think of as a possible upgrade. I expect that at least one of his assistants is spending all of his or her time finding a linebacker or two and negotiating with teams and agents.

While I agree that the team is looking for upgrades, they do that at every possible position. You might have noticed that the team has brought in what seems like 700 wide receivers.

3) I agree that Belichick doesn't know who the starter is. After all, he has no clue what anyone he has can produce and he is negotiating with other teams for an upgrade or at least for competition for the starter spot.

I expect that he has a clue about every position, even the CB position. That's not certainty, but it's a 'clue'.

4) Yes, he has enough confidence in Redd to cut Robertson. This supreme confidence will likely get Redd a practice squad position if he beats out Craig.

Ehh...

5) If Guyton is only fit to be a situational backup AND Bruschi has little left in the tank, then Thomas will need to move inside.

:confused:

Guyton was a situational backup last year and people here insisted that Bruschi had little left in the tank then, but Thomas stayed outside.

Last edited:
A source inside the stadium has reported that both Crable and Woods were practicing in jean shorts or "jorts" for the later portion of the practice session. Both were fluid off the edge in denim.

I've been thinking that a skort would be most flattering to Crable's legs, or maybe some capris in a kicky spring pattern?

Honestly, Crable's never going to have Dana Stubblefield legs. Skinny calves are what they are.

Ok jumped online really quick to answer some stuff for you guys.

Can you provide us an update with his weight?
I know he's listed at 245 but I think if he can get around 250... or 255, additional upper and lower body strength he will be able to better muscle OTs.

I don't doubt his speed off the edge, I just he needs more functional playing strength.
I cannot. These things wont really be ready to list for the season until TC truly starts. Anyway most of the players right now go through weight fluctuations. Some bulk up a ton over the offseason only to cut down just before training camp in order to add more muscle to their frames.

Ok, really dumb question. When you say "he's been told to throw on sweatpants," what does this mean? Is it that over the past year he's bulked up the stick legs and needs to cut some weight there, or that they want him to put the sweatpants on because they don't want people seeing how stick-like his legs are? I know...dumb question, but...
And its a valid question. I can give him a call or text to see if he'll expand on that for me but i took it as an either way sort of thing. Either he has bulked up and the Patriots are aware he will be eyed by fans and media alike or that maybe he hasnt bulked up much lower half wise and do not want media/fans to see.
I'm just unsure what there is to do to be impressive. I am not doubting someone told you something or whatever, but what specifically has "impressed" them? Its not on the field play. I suppose if its working hard, doing a lot of work in the film room and weight room....I guess I could see it. But, really, until he gets on a football field....which he hasn't since early last season, its hard to say how hard work will translate onto the field. His work ethic and preparation may be impressive, but there is nothing yet to base calling his actual play impressive. He hasn't played or practiced in a longgggggg time.

J D Sal
His learning curve and his dedicated time have really shown off. You can learn alot from a player based on those to aspects alone. Just because Tom Brady has not played in a lonnnnnnnnnng time does that mean we should throw these reports aside and let them be nothing more than that? remember there have been quite a few players for this team that have shown a ton of talent off the field b4 they actually stepped onto it. Tom Brady becomming backup over Huard then taking over for Drew. Matt Cassell pretty much never playing a game since High School and sucking it up big time in his PreSeason games. But once you impress this staff it stays with them and the results speak for themsleves.
I thought maybe they told him to wear sweat pants to single him out and humiliate him into working out harder.
I dont believe they are doing that or using the Rohan Davey technique of giving him an offensive linemans number.

...so does this mean he'll be playing the season in Manny-pants?
Maybe.....or maybe he just wasnt performing in bed.

:nono:

Y'all are bagging on the O.P. for answering my question with what he's heard. That's just not right.

Which is completely ok. You dont have to believe me or what i post but ive proved to many people on this board and other boards that ive posted quality info time in and time out. Hell when i would do TC reports opposite Mrs. B there were times when a few of my tidbits were used by reporters. True Story.

In the end you have to believe what you really want to believe, i just give the blurb you dont have to accept it for what its worth.

come on...your "source" is the PFW Blog.

And its a valid question. I can give him a call or text to see if he'll expand on that for me but i took it as an either way sort of thing. Either he has bulked up and the Patriots are aware he will be eyed by fans and media alike or that maybe he hasnt bulked up much lower half wise and do not want media/fans to see.
The PFW blog reported:
Crable showed nice mobility working in seven-on-seven drills, dropping effectively into coverage and doing a nice job of sticking with receivers. The 6-5, 243-pound former third-round pick looked like he added some bulk to his frame during the offseason. After practice he said he worked on one area in particular that he felt needed some extra attention.

“A lot of training, a lot of leg workouts, trying to get my legs bigger and stronger,” Crable said when asked what his offseason has been like. “A lot of one-on-one with [strength and conditioning coaches] Harold [Nash] and Mike [Woicik].
My first thought when you mentioned sweat pants over shorts was a trainer's effort to ensure a guy who has been making such a strong effort on his leg strength took some extra precaution to keep those recently built up leg muscles from cooling down too fast and risk any kind of muscle pull. He was IR'd after a "shin" injury which, short of a cracked bone, seemed more likely to be a muscle strain since he was probably hitting the weight room hard back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back