Not open for further replies.

letekro

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
The total yardage numbers from the playoff run are staggering:

498-335

524-290

407-260

We had at least 50% more yardage than the opponent in every game. I wonder if that’s ever happened.

Yep. Pretty sure this is the only postseason run I've seen where the Pats were in control the whole time. When games were close, it was almost always self-inflicted. In all 3 games you could kinda see them start and stop trying hard as needed.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Yep. Pretty sure this is the only postseason run I've seen where the Pats were in control the whole time. When games were close, it was almost always self-inflicted. In all 3 games you could kinda see them start and stop trying hard as needed.
I wouldn't put it that way. But there was an extra gear that they seemed to be able to go to for a limited period of time, from time to time. And it was there when they needed it most

It all began at the Coin toss

LAC - Pats win the toss and take the ball? NE goes on a time consuming drive burning up over 7:00 minutes and keeping the high power Chargers offense on the bench.

KC - Andy Reid wins the toss. "I think that I will give the Pats the ball and put my weakest unit out there!" NE goes on a 8:00 minutes drive keeping the KC offense on the sideline. In the end, the extra plays for the KC defense would take their toll.

LAR - Rams win the toss. Lets see, should we go on a long scoring drive chewing up clock? It worked for the Pats and we have a powerful offense like LAC and KC. Nah, Even though the Pats stalled out, the complexion of the game could have been totally different by being aggressive.

Pats offense wore down opponents defense in all 3 games, allowing late quarter 4 drives to close out the game. But, the offense still had to execute perfectly to seal the deal as they did against the chiefs and rams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back