PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does the pitta situation affect bennetts market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Pitta reportedly will be cut by the ravens because they dont want to pay him 7million next season. Keep in mind 7 million is what the pats offered bennett

Pitta is 31 and had a season of 86 receptions 729 yards and 2 tds in 12 games

Bennett is 30 and had a season of 55receptions 701 yards and 7tds

I think it is possible he may be overrating his market and could be back here for around what was offered originally

Well the more options there are, the less leverage Bennett has.

I'm a bit surprised by this. Pitta was overpaid, sure, and with Joe Flacco taking up a ridiculous $24.5M in cap space, they were close to the cap with around $13M before this move.

But Baltimore is going to eat $4.4M in dead cap space vs. him taking up $7.7M of cap space to play for them. I don't think they'll find an equivalent FA for the $3.3M or so they'll save on the cap, so can only assume they're looking to draft a replacement.

Pitta reportedly will be cut by the ravens because they dont want to pay him 7million next season. Keep in mind 7 million is what the pats offered bennett

Pitta is 31 and had a season of 86 receptions 729 yards and 2 tds in 12 games

Bennett is 30 and had a season of 55receptions 701 yards and 7tds

I think it is possible he may be overrating his market and could be back here for around what was offered originally

Well it's at least another option. Very surprised by this. Pitta could be nice here. He's gonna be 32. A 1 year deal. I could see it.

Pitta was Flaccos binky. Very surprising. With that said he's not the player he was a few years ago

I think Bennett is a better player but I also think that right or wrong, NFL teams perceive him as a handful. That hurts him in the market.

Pitta had severe hip injury. He didnt played almost 2 years. He probably wasnt the same after injury.

Bennett is a much better player than Pitta, so he should expect to make significantly more.

Pitta sucks.

But I agree if Bennett actually was offered 7 mil a year and thinks that is low he is nuttier than he seams.
12 months ago we were one of the only teams that wanted him for a 5th round pick.
Think about that. No one would give a 4th and now they will beat down his door to pay him 8 mill a year??
Don't think so

Keep in mind that Bennett (and Hightower) rejected those reported deals BEFORE the season started.

Bennett had no idea back then how he would fit in here, how he would get along with BB and the team, how he would enjoy Boston, etc.

Besides, people around here will think his name is "Pitter".

The pitta situation?
I don't know, I kind of like the traditional pitas with the pockets, but I know a lot of folks like the whole wheat version.

I can't believe Pitta is already going to be 32. I remember scouting him and reading Box o Rocks' posts about him back in the day. Time is beginning to really fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back