PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Romo stress anyone else out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karguy85

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
He’s a great announcer and his insight is equaled by noone, but man did he increase my stress level during the game. His excitement made it that much worse for me...

He’s a great announcer and his insight is equaled by noone, but man did he increase my stress level during the game. His excitement made it that much worse for me...
Most definitely, I like his insight and how often he calls things before they happen, but I will fully admit sometimes I just put it on mute

Hes an incredible announcer. I know we kind of get annoyed but he is supposed to sell the games. The teams that are behind , hes going to make it look like their chances are good . Hes great at it
Oh I definitely agree, but man does he make it that much more stressful :D

The problem is he gets just as excited when whoever the Pats are playing does well. Which makes him a good announcer but a pain in the arse at the same time.

Yes he goes off on some stupid things like claiming Edelman touched the ball after it was overturned and after the straight on shot showed he did not.

I love Romo, his excitement is genuine and generally unbiased. He just loves football and wants a good game. He sees things like a NFL QB and the way he can call things that are coming up is a bit uncanny. Plus he doesn’t take himself too seriously and admits when he was wrong. I forget what game it was but he was pounding the table that you had to be aggressive and punting was the wrong call, only for them to recover a muffed punt. “See just like I said clearly the best way to win is by punting”. He has a great sense of humor and i will take over eager but insightful over dumb, wrong, biased, annoying, and half dead Fouts every time.

I absolutely hated Romo tonight in the brief stints I got to hear him at the bar I was at with some 200+ Pats fans.. Honestly felt like everything was biased towards the Chiefs and against the Pats.

SMH.. You two doing dislikes are just silly. You ignore the fact that I was at a bar and that I only got to actually hear Romo briefly. In particular:

- Romo claiming the ball hit Edelman despite it being plain as day that it didn't. At one point Romo said that it clearly hit Edelman's right thumb while the video was showing Edelman's right thumb being 3-4 inches from the ball.

- The Watkins review it kept sounded like Romo was saying that he had control when it was clear Watkins didn't.

Last edited:
I love Romo, his excitement is genuine and generally unbiased. He just loves football and wants a good game. He sees things like a NFL QB and the way he can call things that are coming up is a bit uncanny. Plus he doesn’t take himself too seriously and admits when he was wrong. I forget what game it was but he was pounding the table that you had to be aggressive and punting was the wrong call, only for them to recover a muffed punt. “See just like I said clearly the best way to win is by punting”. He has a great sense of humor and i will take over eager but insightful over dumb, wrong, biased, annoying, and half dead Fouts every time.
I found him incredibly annoying last year but he's gotten better, still sometimes find him annoying but overall he's easily the best.

Hell yea. Because he's just as excited when the Pats have a good play, as he is when the opponent has a good play.

Ehhh, it's his job.

He is better than most tho.

The only thing I could complain about Romo tonight was that I thought he never gave Brian Flores enough credit for the game he called and what he did this year with this no name defense. For Romo the defense was all about Bill.

I gotta say, I love Romo. He makes the game even more exciting as he seems to know exactly what is going on scheme wise.

The problem is he gets just as excited when whoever the Pats are playing does well. Which makes him a good announcer but a pain in the arse at the same time.
I hear you there.

I get it though. Guy just seems to root for the underdogs when it appears they have a chance. But also gives Brady and the Pats their due respect.

I had to walk away from the game for a minute to prevent myself from having a heart attack....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes