PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Matt Patricia Intentionally Try To Be a Slob?

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Does it not seem like he essentially just tries to be like Bill? He tries to dress poorly, he tries to be vague to the media, etc.

It feels like Bill does the things he does because it’s who he is, and Matt does it to try and be someone. He’s trying to be Bill Belichick and he ultimately isn’t.

It's definitely sad how much of a destitute man's Belichick he's been as a head coach.

Yeah, Im losing some respect for him... It is one thing to "do your own thing", dressing casual etc

But when you judge others (he complained about a journalist being "unprofessional") while yourself don't set the example, it just comes out hypocritical and out-of-touch with reality

Will always love the Goddel Clown T-shirt though

Does it not seem like he essentially just tries to be like Bill? He tries to dress poorly, he tries to be vague to the media, etc.

It feels like Bill does the things he does because it’s who he is, and Matt does it to try and be someone. He’s trying to be Bill Belichick and he ultimately isn’t.

Yeah, Im losing some respect for him... It is one thing to "do your own thing", dressing casual etc

But when you judge others (he complained about a journalist being "unprofessional") while yourself don't set the example, it just comes out hypocritical and out-of-touch with reality

Will always love the Goddel Clown T-shirt though
Patricia+Clown+shirt.JPG

Hard to blame him, he’s running a team and has to deal with local mediots judging the job he is doing, day in and day out. I wouldn’t want to deal with the press either, he doesn’t owe them anything. The job is to get the team to win, not provide sound bytes or get the media to be your “friend”.

Hard to blame him, he’s running a team and has to deal with local mediots judging the job he is doing, day in and day out. I wouldn’t want to deal with the press either, he doesn’t owe them anything. The job is to get the team to win, not provide sound bytes or get the media to be your “friend”.
Compared to the aesthetics of Detroit he looks like a million bucks.

So this board doesn't like Patricia now? I'll always root for Matty P.

I like him but he's really ****ing things up over there.

I like him but he's really ****ing things up over there.

He is definitely a slob but he always has been. I guess it just makes it easier for the media to beat up on him.

That team wasn't great when he got there. Stafford is an albatross around their neck with that contract. He plays just well enough to keep his job but not well enough to win games. Maybe they bite the bullet and take eat the dead money and start over but I doubt it.

He is definitely a slob but he always has been. I guess it just makes it easier for the media to beat up on him.

That team wasn't great when he got there. Stafford is an albatross around their neck with that contract. He plays just well enough to keep his job but not well enough to win games. Maybe they bite the bullet and take eat the dead money and start over but I doubt it.

Honestly I think his situation in Detroit is remarkably similar to what Belichick inherited in 2000. Solid but overpaid QB who can't put the team on his back at a level commensurate with his paycheck. Team is a perennial loser except for the occasional post season tease here and there.

The difference is that 2000 was 2 decades ago. Coaches couldn't come in and suck for 5 years in a row like Rich Kotite but they had more than 18 months.

I don't care how he dresses but he's definitely having learning pains as a head coach.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back