PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone here consider Asante Samuel to be a "Legend"?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you consider Asante Samuel to be a "Patriots Legend"?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • No.

Votes: 64 84.2%
  • Who??

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is simply false. Diggs was the only WR that gave him trouble. The rest he locked down. He went up against many #1's and Diggs was the only WR that went over 100 yards on him. The others had mostly pedestrian stats.

But I think his injury is going to ruin his career.
@TheRainMaker

Your absolutely right though the injury was gruesome and likely will end his career.. he's still young too.. it's awful

Hell of a coverage qb. Made his way though the ranks to be our 2nd best cb of the decade.

Had he made that interception he could of been a legend. Instead, he attached himself to one of many fluke factors that lost the game. According to a few he also blew the coverage on Tyree and left Harrison on a island Still none more egregious than the non call on Harah.

Obviously the guy is bitter, I wonder how different his post career outlook would be had he secured that interception?

He won’t like to hear this but Asante’s best football was played in Belichick’s system. He came here as a mid round pick and left for the biggest payday of his career. He should be thankful to Bill for taking the chance and developing him.

No.

Pro-Bowl caliber, but not all-pro/HOF/legend level tho….

I don't remember what the exact issues were, but his wife was calling him frantically while he was at practice, so he said he had to pay to put her up somewhere else. There was a player or two that confirmed this, but I can't remember who.

lol imagine being at practice preparing for a superbowl, and your wife keeps calling you to complain about the quality of the hotel they were put up in for free

holy cow

Don't even understand why there is even a poll asking... he was a good player for a period of time.. he never was a complete player, but a good player and was a ball hawk.. he largely benefited from our front 7.. having ty Warren, Vince, Seymour, Jarvis green keep heat on QBs made assante's job alot easier.

It's becoming annoying listening to every chance he gets to down talk BB.. let it go dude you made plenty of money in the NFL..
He is just so bitter. Sure. He thinks BB treated him like crap but I don't think it was personal.

A$ante has made it personal. Sheesh.

I guess anyone who can make the NFL is a legend in a way....when it comes to degrees of being a legend, even JC Jackson was more of a legend for us than this guy was
I worked with a guy who retired from the NFL after 5 years of backup LB play, 3 with the Lions and 2 with the Pats. He was an incredible specimen even in his 40's and was a legend to most of us.

lol imagine being at practice preparing for a superbowl, and your wife keeps calling you to complain about the quality of the hotel they were put up in for free

holy cow
Sounds like the perfect match.

He is just so bitter. Sure. He thinks BB treated him like crap but I don't think it was personal.

A$ante has made it personal. Sheesh.
BB I remember when he was franchised in 07... BB said he's a great player and that the tag came down to him or Graham.. assante didn't make anything near the 7.79 franchise tag in his rookie deal.. then when Assante did report to camp he was singing praise of BB and that they would work on a long term deal.. we know how that season ended.. him dropping the game winning interception.. then signing with eagles in the off season.. you made plenty of money.. he's pretty much crying wolf now.. it's annoying each time hearing him criticize Bill.

Sure he's a Patriots legend but not in the way the article title might have intended.

His whole career is defined by that Eli Manning throw that went through his hands in the biggest possible moment. That's all he's really known for, everything else is secondary.

BB I remember when he was franchised in 07... BB said he's a great player and that the tag came down to him or Graham.. assante didn't make anything near the 7.79 franchise tag in his rookie deal.. then when Assante did report to camp he was singing praise of BB and that they would work on a long term deal.. we know how that season ended.. him dropping the game winning interception.. then signing with eagles in the off season.. you made plenty of money.. he's pretty much crying wolf now.. it's annoying each time hearing him criticize Bill.
If Asante was a logical, rational person i'd suspect something else happened b/t/w he and BB but i don't think he is.

Yes, Assante is a legend….ary douche-nozzle.

If Asante was a logical, rational person i'd suspect something else happened b/t/w he and BB but i don't think he is.
Maybe his sheets weren't changed on time during the season on the teams road games.. since then he'd held it against BB

Ok. Just saw the article title above saying "Patriots Legend sends brutal message to Bill Belichick". Clicked on it and it was Asante Samuel running his mouth yet again.

Personally, the guy is a gigantic POS who can't stop running his mouth. He CHOKED against the 2007 Giants and was responsible for 2 HUGE catches that they had and for not pulling down an interception that was through his hands.
Tried to guess who was sending "brutal message" to Bill before opening it up. My guess was Ted Johnson, But Asante Samuel another of those legend wanna be's would also have been high on my list.

He’s bitter that he expected to work out a lucrative long term deal with the Pats then came up short in the big game. Lost the Super Bowl by not making the play, so Bill didn’t open the vault to keep him.

There's few reasons he has beef with Bill and the Pats. First, he says Bill held him back during his time in NE, especially during his eventual breakout 2006 season. He cites the Bears game as an example as he said he was benched early in favor of Troy Brown, but Samuel was playing on their first drive. The second reason was that he wanted to bail on the Pats after the breakout 2006 season and was under the impression Bill was going to let him walk in FA as they didn't have a good relationship. But to Samuel's surprise, Bill slapped the Franchise Tag on him which really pissed him off. The last thing Samuel was mad about was the "crappy" hotel the Pats put the players' families in for SB42. I don't remember what the exact issues were, but his wife was calling him frantically while he was at practice, so he said he had to pay to put her up somewhere else. There was a player or two that confirmed this, but I can't remember who.
The hotel thing seems a weird gripe. Teams don't need to house everyone's friends and family. At least I wouldn't think so. If they do that's a bonus to be grateful for, not something to scream to the heavens about.

He’s a legend in the game of desperately trying to stay relevant. Only thing he’s a legend in.

Aaaargh, the memories comng back!

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back