PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Anyone Give A SH!T About This Season?

This sport is pretty much dead to most people. Nobody cares because a majority of the teams are out of it 1 month into a very long season. Chances of making up 10 games after the break is astronomicaly low. Probably happens once every 10-20 years. Big market teams still have a competitive advantage, especially the ones that are ok with paying max luxury tax. Its just plain stupid and thats me speaking as a fan of large market. The sport defintely needs a reset. I love what most unions stand for but MLB’s kind of make me sick sometimes.

We got the championships which were just great starting in 04 but now that they’ve won 4, and the grind of a 162 game season just doesn’t seem to be worth the effort. Especially if your team sucks.

Thread is almost 2 months old ... I still don't give a sh!t and neither do the Sox.
Chaim Bloom will make a good team ... at some point.
so far bloom is trash, in the recent past the gms who have taken over have at least given red sux fans something to watch. those past teams were competitive unlike this team

so far bloom is trash, in the recent past the gms who have taken over have at least given red sux fans something to watch. those past teams were competitive unlike this team

Why do you care? Worthless season, perfect time to tank for a top draft pick then rebound next season when it counts for real? Any fan who is rooting for wins and not reveling in the losses, does not have the long term health/success of the team in mind.

Red Sox hammered the Yankees today to finish .100 for the season against them. So that’s something. :confused:

Why do you care? Worthless season, perfect time to tank for a top draft pick then rebound next season when it counts for real? Any fan who is rooting for wins and not reveling in the losses, does not have the long term health/success of the team in mind.
what are you stalking me. i dont care its an observation

i think the main strategy for this season was to reset the luxury tax. Since nobody was interested in this season anyway, might as well suck, reset the cap, and maybe even get to the top of the draft where Bloom excels in finding talent. That is what he did for Tampa

i think the main strategy for this season was to reset the luxury tax. Since nobody was interested in this season anyway, might as well suck, reset the cap, and maybe even get to the top of the draft where Bloom excels in finding talent. That is what he did for Tampa
If you are going to suck. this was the perfect year. Imagine this team having to play 162. I think the jury is still out on bloom. He started under very difficult circumstances. that got worse when Wuhan arrived.

So, instead of a top 3 pick, the Red Sox get the 4th pick. In a lost season. I keep trying to get reporters to investigate if MLB told the Red Sox win, or the previous 3 seasons will be averaged but nobody wants to ask the question. Playing starters deep into the last game of the season is telling to me. That would be huge if it was uncovered because thats basically extortion.

Okay ... so when is truck day ......

haven't watched any playoffs (barely any regular season games either)...I'm rooting for a Dodgers vs. Astros WS...that would be must see TV i would imagine

Astros have tied the ALCS after being down 3-0. Hmmm where have we heard that before...

Irony would be if Tampa Bay wins.... Brady goes to the Bucaneers to help bring a championship to Tampa Bay ... It just happens to be in hockey and baseball......

The team that Chaim Bloom built is in the World Series. Excited to see what he can do for us going forward

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back