PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

do your job! The words of Martellus Bennett great Vid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish we kept him at $7m per year. I don't know what happened. We offered him a $7m per year contract in Nov, he turned it down thinking he'll get more in FA. Then he won a SuperBowl and ran his mouth how teams overpay for SuperBowl champions and noone want to be caught dead overpaying for him. And Patriots got tired of waiting and did a deal with Colts for Dwayne, and Bennett posted his goodbye the next day and eventually he only got the same contract with Packers that the Pats had offered him in Nov. And now we get Dwayne for 3 years for $6m each and I feel I'd rather have had Bennett for 3 years for $7m. Bah!

You know what? Maybe Allen will be pretty good
Morse importantly, Bennett stressed not just one player but all ..the 53 . Great stuff

I'm already missing that guy, and not just on the field. Good luck to him, even though he's a Packer. The images of him dancing with the Pats cheerleaders after the AFCCG will be lasting to me.

Wish we kept him at $7m per year. I don't know what happened. We offered him a $7m per year contract in Nov, he turned it down thinking he'll get more in FA. Then he won a SuperBowl and ran his mouth how teams overpay for SuperBowl champions and noone want to be caught dead overpaying for him. And Patriots got tired of waiting and did a deal with Colts for Dwayne, and Bennett posted his goodbye the next day and eventually he only got the same contract with Packers that the Pats had offered him in Nov. And now we get Dwayne for 3 years for $6m each and I feel I'd rather have had Bennett for 3 years for $7m. Bah!

I'm ok with Allen and I'm ok with Bennett trying to get the best contract he could get. He waited and the Pats didn't have the luxury to wait so they did the best thing they could at the time.

If Bennett had gotten a larger contract and the Pats had waited they may have missed out on Allen as well. I think Allen will not be much of a drop off from Bennett if any at all. He is also a good character guy with great blocking skills. We'll see.

"After the game I was still in that focus zone and focused on eating my sandwich" hahaha

Last edited:
Love Martellus and he was a great cog, but he might be a billionaire [wouldn't doubt it] but he'll never replicate that Patriots experience.

He cashed in thanks to being on a championship team - lots of great players come to New England to do just that. It's good to have the track record of getting paydays for guys, as it will continue to attract talent for team-friendly deals.

It takes two to make a deal. He didn't want the deal from us, and then he took it as a last resort. He misjudged his market, similar to Wes. And like Wes, we couldn't wait around or else we'd be screwed by either getting nothing or paying more than we wanted.

Had we waited, then desperation sneaks in, and maybe we don't get to sign Bennett for $7M. If the Packers were equally desperate, one of us ends up paying more, $8M or $9M a season.

So you can't just look at a contract and say, "We should have done that." There are lots of dynamics in play from timing to egos to market pressures to depth charts to all sorts of other things.

It is what it is. We're onto Kansas City.

Marty was awesome here and played the position in a way that I would consider elite if Gronk wasn't around showing everyone up. But I was a little leery of signing him longterm because he looked so beat up. I wish him a healthy season with the packers.

Why would I root for Bennett? He left and now plays for another team. It's not like he's Vince and is one of ours. He's a mercenary that seems more interested in promoting his products than being part of a team.

When he first came to the Pats he said something like the NFL stands for, "n....ers for lease) which I thought was an interesting comment, but it was reported that it pissed off Goodell so it was ok with me.

I follow him on twitter, he is an interesting guy.. focused on his daughter and his second passion, his company, "Imagination Agency".

The Imagination Agency – Hey AJ

When he first came to the Pats he said something like the NFL stands for, "n....ers for lease) which I thought was an interesting comment, but it was reported that it pissed off Goodell so it was ok with me.

I follow him on twitter, he is an interesting guy.. focused on his daughter and his second passion, his company, "Imagination Agency".

The Imagination Agency – Hey AJ

I don't like his use of the 'N' word either, even if it does piss off Fraudger. A racist comment like that tells me that he might not be the best example for the kids he wants to help.

I'm not real big on selling things to kids either. I checked out his site and have to wonder why he feels that he's qualified to tell kids what books to read.

I don't like his use of the 'N' word either, even if it does piss off Fraudger. A racist comment like that tells me that he might not be the best example for the kids he wants to help.

I'm not real big on selling things to kids either. I checked out his site and have to wonder why he feels that he's qualified to tell kids what books to read.

Not sure kids had access to his comments, it was not a big headline..

Do not see where he is telling kids what to read, just providing another outlet for parents to pursue to try to move their children through the educational system and keep them interested..

Is anyone "qualified" to tell kids what books to read??

Not sure kids had access to his comments, it was not a big headline..

Do not see where he is telling kids what to read, just providing another outlet for parents to pursue to try to move their children through the educational system and keep them interested..

Is anyone "qualified" to tell kids what books to read??

I think the NEA feels like they have that right.

One of the links from the link provided has Bennett recommending books for kids. It's all a part of his agency. As you can tell I'm a little skeptical of his motives.

All of which should be separate from his football. I wouldn't judge his football from his business or the other way around. However, there might be a connection. Maybe he's moving from team to team to enhance his ability to reach more people for his business, kids included.

Maybe I'm making too many assumptions and Bennett's agency is a non-profit, in which case everything changes. I haven't looked into that

I think the NEA feels like they have that right.

One of the links from the link provided has Bennett recommending books for kids. It's all a part of his agency. As you can tell I'm a little skeptical of his motives.

All of which should be separate from his football. I wouldn't judge his football from his business or the other way around. However, there might be a connection. Maybe he's moving from team to team to enhance his ability to reach more people for his business, kids included.

Maybe I'm making too many assumptions and Bennett's agency is a non-profit, in which case everything changes. I haven't looked into that

What are the motives of J.K. Rowling, Dr. Seuss or any well known children's author? Making money in a capitalistic society is not a bad thing, some players open restaurants others pursue other ventures....

He seems to have an aptitude for connecting with younger children, that was inspired by his daughter.. how many 6'6" men are willing to dress up in a yellow Pickachu outfit?? It seems his heart seems to be in the right place, but you never really know about anyone...

Even if it was a non-profit, he could still make a handsome salary..

images

I get irritated when contract negotiations result in something that is bad for both parties. It's like Nash inequilibrium, or a piece ending on a leading tone. Particularly here where there are substantial negative effects on the fans, the coaches, the teammates.

Similar situation with Butler really. All these highly experienced and highly paid stakeholders and they come up with something worse for everyone.

Last edited:
I will miss listening to him talk; he is never boring. He was a great teammate too which is always underestimated in team sports, especially the NFL. More than anything, this team won the Superbowl because it was made up of great teammates that believed in the concept of a team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes