PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do You Want Plaxico Burress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I want Plaxico Buress?

First off a disclaimer: I am not Bill Belichick and am not privy to all information.

That said, um, no, No, NO, NO.

Not because of any morals. The guy has been out of football a long time. He looks to be a solid contributor by, maybe, November, but even before then he gets paid like - and eats cap space if this lock out ends- Plaxico Freakin' Buress.

Then we get into how bright is a guy that put a loaded gun WITH THE SAFETY OFF in his PANTS. I assume he could afford a holster.

Oh, I forgot: an unregistered gun he missed time by being convicted for.

I'd rather the offense not rely on an idiot who might shoot himself and go to prison in mid-season.

I think this sums up my view on the matter.

Yeah i was looking for that specifically. Pretty sickening...i'm laughing at it right now for some reason though..it was like all the luck that we had during the dynasty years came back to bite us in the arse for that one drive for some ungodly reason.

I'm torn between two responses to those words of wisdom...

"'Luck!' Did you say 'Luck?' That was pure execution and skill from the front office to the water boy."

"Karma sure can be a *****."

Burress isn't a replacement for your other WRs; Burress is a replacement for your receiving TE.

We're in pretty good shape there without him.

As otheres have mentioned, he's a 34 year old WR who hasn't played in a couple of years. I wonder what he has left having spent the past 2 years in prison.

As otheres have mentioned, he's a 34 year old WR who hasn't played in a couple of years. I wonder what he has left having spent the past 2 years in prison.

He could be the first WR that's good at working from a 4 point stance.

Supposedly Burress is a huge douche off of the football field.

No.

10char

I think we should sign Burress so Vince Wilfork can sit on his head and put that cretin out of his misery.

plax is a less talented version of randy moss, and we all know the pats were better off last season without him.

Sign him at any cost. Enough of this choir boy, "solid citizen" BS that has infiltrated this team. Give me an ExCon any day. Time for the Pats to get their Gangsta On.
Plax has alot to offer: Weapons training, working inside the box...Plax has that. With Lord Dungy at his side for spritual guidance, Plax will return to All World status along side Mr Michael Vick, another vilified player caged within the system....who also was able to break free and flourish.
Plax can single handedly redefine the culture at Gillette. Enough of the QB wearing belted trench coats with flair collars. Give me double holsters...Give me bottle service on the sideline, beatches workin their thang all over the mothe effing place. Foxborough needs a reset...a natural leader who plays by his own rules, not the rules set down by the man and his moral high ground slam piece. Plax would be step one to finally getting that elusive January playoff win.

plax is a less talented version of randy moss, and we all know the pats were better off last season without him.

The Plax of old, we dont know how he is now, was a tough, physical receiver who was clutch during the Giants playoff run. He might not have lit it up like Moss during the regular season but he came through when needed.

He could also run every route on the tree, unlike Moss.

I doubt Plax would work on the Pats right now, but I'd certainly like someone in his physical mold.

Last edited:
Aliens put something in borg's drink :eek:

Last edited:
Sign him at any cost. Enough of this choir boy, "solid citizen" BS that has infiltrated this team. Give me an ExCon any day. Time for the Pats to get their Gangsta On.
Plax has alot to offer: Weapons training, working inside the box...Plax has that. With Lord Dungy at his side for spritual guidance, Plax will return to All World status along side Mr Michael Vick, another vilified player caged within the system....who also was able to break free and flourish.
Plax can single handedly redefine the culture at Gillette. Enough of the QB wearing belted trench coats with flair collars. Give me double holsters...Give me bottle service on the sideline, beatches workin their thang all over the mothe effing place. Foxborough needs a reset...a natural leader who plays by his own rules, not the rules set down by the man and his moral high ground slam piece. Plax would be step one to finally getting that elusive January playoff win.

lmao, love the natural leader who plays by his own rules part.

Be shooting ourselves in the foot if we do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back