• No

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradyking12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think its very important that he comes back, it would be overkill for our offense, a legit 2TE set with all these weapons should be illegal :D

Tom Brady
Brandin Cooks
Julian Edelman
Chris Hogan
Danny Amendola
Rob Gronkowski
Martellus Bennett
Malcolm Mitchell
Phillip Dorsett
James White

And if we can get Lewis and Burkhead back...

I voted no ... we need to get younger at that position. I would rather work with Hollister...a drafted TE ... and a young free agent TE .... and some undrafted TE's brought to camp.

Why not?
You can never have too much depth.

I voted no ... we need to get younger at that position. I would rather work with Hollister...a drafted TE ... and a young free agent TE .... and some undrafted TE's brought to camp.
I used to think that way, but on offense, as long as Brady is still here, I don’t think we should be in the player development business

As a player, he'd be useful. Would probably be too costly, though, unless Gronk retires and Bennett wants to still play.

Hollister and Marty are not the same players.

I think it is very high risk that Bennett lasts a full year.
Agree. I don't think hes a 800 snap guy anymore but as a TE2 who can give the team 20-25 snaps a game?

Only way he comes back is if he has a clean bill of health.

Hollister and Marty are not the same players.
Of course not ... but Hollister can be a competant 3rd TE who can also get in some WR packages. No way Bennett lasts a season ... too much bone on bone in that man's joints. Developing a TE will be a much better path.

It’s an awkward one really more than anything else. If he’s willing to take the pay cut to play here then yes but if he doesn’t want to then we say goodbye I think. Love the guy and what he brings. With all that being said he might just retire

The first order of TE business is a new contract for Gronk

2018: $8 million (+ $750,000 in per-game roster bonuses), 2019: $9 million (+ $750,000 in per-game roster bonuses)

if he plays every game, that's 20M and 21M

he is going to want some serious cash though

expect something in the range of.........highest paid TE

The first order of TE business is a new contract for Gronk

if he plays every game, that's 20M and 21M

he is going to want some serious cash though

expect something in the range of.........highest paid TE
That’s $750,000 total per season, $46,875 per game.

Of course not ... but Hollister can be a competant 3rd TE who can also get in some WR packages. No way Bennett lasts a season ... too much bone on bone in that man's joints. Developing a TE will be a much better path.
Agree but I don't see Hollister as an in-line TE. I see him as a poor man's AH. H-back type.

Yes, but not at that cap hit. Bigger question is if he wants to keep playing at all. Like LGB after 2014, I wonder if the Pats experience was so good for him in both 2016 and 2017, and the GB experience so bad, that he'd go out of his way to try to make it work here if possible.

Last edited:
Yes, he blocks very well. However, I think Solder and Lewis should be first priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back