PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do You Agree With Chris Price on Acquiring Suh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want him here, he’s a known dirty player who stomps on legs and is a guy who would get way too many flags

I don’t want him here, he’s a known dirty player who stomps on legs and is a guy who would get way too many flags
James Harrison was dirty too.

More often than not, career-troublemakers behave here.

James Harrison was dirty too.

More often than not, career-troublemakers behave here.

That’s true too. I dislike the cash figures compared to his play though. He isn’t that good anymore. However, that’s while playing for all non system teams. If he had a team with playbooks and designs, he might be better.

Someone will probably overpay for Suh and it won't be us.

Any substance to the Emmanuel Ogbah rumors? Trade for him and bring back Jamie Collins . . . that with a few good draft picks will give us a deep, rock solid defense.

Any substance to the Emmanuel Ogbah rumors? Trade for him and bring back Jamie Collins . . . that with a few good draft picks will give us a deep, rock solid defense.
Ogbah was traded to the Chiefs yesterday for Safety Eric Murray.

That’s true too. I dislike the cash figures compared to his play though. He isn’t that good anymore. However, that’s while playing for all non system teams. If he had a team with playbooks and designs, he might be better.
Agree. I know he has a track record of dirty play and taking plays off but if anyone can get the most out of him and not overpay him in the process its BB

$5 says you hate him because of the ******** cop thing and not because of the Super Bowl worker incident.
And what's your point? That's a valid thing to "hate" him for.

What makes anyone think he wants to play for the Patriots anyway?

I seem to recall (and defer to) Cannon's opinion of him... dude was practically licking his chops.

no thanks. I thought he would have put up better numbers last year playing next to Donald, but i was not impressed. I think we are decent in the middle and dont need him. I expect us to draft DLine and im good with that

I would consider him at a reasonable price. But my guess is that he wants one more big contract before retiring. Obviously, the market isn't willing to pay him his rate or he would be signed. The question is how much will he come down and will he be willing to play on the East Coast before we even consider it.

Suh at a value rate is good signing. But he is on the decline and has been more trouble than he is worth at times when he was an elite player. As an average player, we don't need another Albert Haynesworth failed experiment again.

Can he pass my test?

Comments:

1.) Like others have said....too much $$$ and the loss of a comp pick if we sign him now = A no for me.

2.) That being said, I'd wait until camp...after the draft and when all the FA $$$ has dried up...and maybe give him an one year contract that brings us up to our cap limit (after extending some guys and ensuring we have emergency $$$ left over). I am thinking something like 6M a year....but he played for about 14M last year....doubt he'll take that much of a hair cut.

3.) He would be useful as a DT against the point of attack though.....

Albert Haynesworth Mk2

Agree. I know he has a track record of dirty play and taking plays off but if anyone can get the most out of him and not overpay him in the process its BB

I’d have to agree given B.B. s track record. Would be a monster defense if you think about it

Collins was traded because he doesn't follow the plan. He would rather freelance to try to make himself look better personally despite hurting the team as a whole. The only way he comes back is if he has changed his way of thinking in a big way. I have not seen evidence of that.

Boy named Suh not worth $13million per year and absolutely not worth prematurely ejaculating such an offer costing us a 3rd round comp pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST