PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we go for 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooky97

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hey all,

I know against the Falcons, BB said if they scored first they were thinking about going for two, to put more pressure on them. Do we think that this may be considered this year? Give Goff and McVay more to think about?

Hey all,

I know against the Falcons, BB said if they scored first they were thinking about going for two, to put more pressure on them. Do we think that this may be considered this year? Give Goff and McVay more to think about?
If I am not mistaken, I think Rams did this during the season.

I don't think they do. They probably will only have two 2 point plays ready to go. I would hate to use one when not needed. IF they miss it puts them in a situation where they will have to use the other for sure just to try to even it up at 14.

What if you need another 2 point play at some point? Now you are going deep into the playbook.

I don't think they do. They probably will only have two 2 point plays ready to go. I would hate to use one when not needed. IF they miss it puts them in a situation where they will have to use the other for sure just to try to even it up at 14.

What if you need another 2 point play at some point? Now you are going deep into the playbook.

They'll have more than two ready. Against the Falcons they had at least three, i can't see BB not going into a game like this without at least 3

They'll have more than two ready. Against the Falcons they had at least three, i can't see BB not going into a game like this without at least 3

I'm pretty sure I heard that they only put in that White direct snap in the day before. That isn't to say they won't have plays they can't run at the 2 yard line. They will have a number of them. This is about having a go to play they are comfortable with. I'm saying they will probably have only 2 ready cause I'm pretty sure that's what they had against Atlanta.

Last edited:

Don't think they should do it early either, but . ..

How much of a difference is a 2-point versus a 3d and 2 or 4th and 2 play?
Can't believe they only have two of those.

Sad that they moved the extra point-kick line back because it takes away the whole opportunity for a SURPRISE 2-pt conversion.

Don't think they should do it early either, but . ..

How much of a difference is a 2-point versus a 3d and 2 or 4th and 2 play?
Can't believe they only have two of those.

Sad that they moved the extra point-kick line back because it takes away the whole opportunity for a SURPRISE 2-pt conversion.

Well the difference is they are plays designed to be successful from a 2 and goal situation. It can also be said they are your best 2 yards and goal plays. It is something you put together with care and careful consideration and put extra practice reps into.

There's nothing saying you can't try to run that play at any time if you really want. It's just that they're your best plays for that situation and you don't want to use them needlessly.

For instance i think i recall BB saying during the Denver AFFCG in 2015 they used their 2 point conversation play on 4th and goal from the 2. They got the TD on that play. However according to him they had no other 2 point play ready to go and they were stopped the next play from getting two.

I think that is why they had a second 2 point play ready to go vs the Falcons. It isn't like you can't use it whenever you want. But they are your 'Money' plays and you don't want to use them needlessly if you can help it. It isn't like other play calls can't work or your designed 2 point play will work for sure. They're simply plays you spent extra time practicing and extra thought designing.

The game winning TD in SB51 was a play off the 2-point conversion chart.

Hey all,

you can also screw up the game by not getting the PATs if the 2s don't work out. I would focus more on getting TDs early and often. Only go for 2 if you have to go for 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes