PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DL & EDGE Players: Run stuffers, designated pass rushers, hybrids, etc

reamer you have been amazing this thread. :) Keep it up. I have not given this DL class the in depth look it deserves up till now and I was worried I would run out of time before I could but this thread is really gonna help me.

A bigger, more athletic and powerful version, with shorter arms.

I would take that every day of the week.
If he has short arms thats a killer for a d lineman. But i'm not sure he has short arms or short arms in comparison to flowers.

@reamer Reamer has consistently shown great knowledge of the NFL, the draft, and has contributed great content in many of his post. The quality and thought put into this thread is a shining example of the kind of content that makes this site the best sports fan site on the web bar none. With that in mind I would like to just take this one post to personally thank him for all the hard work he has put in and continues to even now. So while there is nothing I can do give back to him equally what he has invested here as a gesture of my personally appreciation for what you do. You are now permanently included in my signature.

Thanks for all your hard work.

@reamer Reamer has consistently shown great knowledge of the NFL, the draft, and has contributed great content in many of his post. The quality and thought put into this thread is a shining example of the kind of content that makes this site the best sports fan site on the web bar none. With that in mind I would like to just take this one post to personally thank him for all the hard work he has put in and continues to even now. So while there is nothing I can do give back to him equally what he has invested here as a gesture of my personally appreciation for what you do. You are now permanently included in my signature.

Wow, what an honor! Thank you for the very kind words, @BobDigital . Now I feel compelled to try to live up to the expectations. :)

Just noticed that you included me. I too am very honoured so thank you. I'm undeserving this year but hope to try to live up to this honour post combine. And I 100% agree with your list. Include yourself too, it would be very well deserved.

Just want to add to @BobDigital post. In previous years when doing mock drafts, I visit other teams fan sites when doing research. Patsfans draft forum is BY FAR the most intelligent, considered of the ones I've looked at. Kudos to everyone involved in this draft site. This place has kept me sane the last few years.

And, purely because I don't want to leave anyone out, without naming names, it's been taken to a new level this year. Best draft forum on the web in my opinion.

Just noticed that you included me. I too am very honoured so thank you. I'm undeserving this year but hope to try to live up to this honour post combine. And I 100% agree with your list. Include yourself too, it would be very well deserved.

Nah I wouldn't put myself on there to this point objectively speaking but thanks for the kind words. You totally deserve it though Manx. Though this is the first time I made a post about it to anyone. I think it is something I plan to do from now on when I add someone else. Manx you are a slam dunk to be on any list of honorary people here. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. You have done as much for this site as anyone with the content you bring and you have done it for years. There is no question you would go on. In fact If i had to pick 1 particular person to go on first (I put the first 3 up together) it would you quickly followed by Miguel IMO but both are core people on this site no question.

Last edited:
Nah I wouldn't put myself on there to this point objectively speaking but thanks for the kind words. You totally deserve it though Manx. Though this is the first time I made a post about it to anyone. I think it is something I plan to do from now on when I add someone else. Manx you are a slam dunk to be on any list of honorary people here. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. You have done as much for this site as anyone with the content you bring and you have done it for years. That is no question you would go on. In fact If i had to pick 1 particular person to go on first (I put the first 3 up together) it would you you quickly followed by Miguel IMO but both are core people on this site no question.

I honestly don't know what to say. All I can say is to offer my sincere thanks for such kind words. I am genuinely moved. Thank you.

Nice. He really seems to have jumped into the top 10 on almost all the boards give or take. He certainly has some exciting measurables.

I really like Thomas but I started thinking about Jamal Adams as the most likely pick if we get into the top 3 of the draft. Not so much because he's the best player but because he'd become the next Mayo/Slater/Hightower. A genuine leader of the team. He's so intense, it would be impossible for players not to follow him.

DeMarcus Walker is up. I love his game. Pure football player. I don't care about the size or athletic limitations. Favorite defensive player to watch this year. Not the best, but definitely has a bulldog mentality.

Evaluation: DeMarcus Walker

Nice inside move for a big turnover. Momentum changing play in this game.

Last edited:
DeMarcus Walker is up. I love his game. Pure football player. I don't care about the size or athletic limitations. Favorite defensive player to watch this year. Not the best, but definitely has a bulldog mentality.

Evaluation: DeMarcus Walker

Because I came so late to this year, I started off by watching highlight reels just to get a feel for prospects and Walker's blew me away. I did feel a little let down by his DB cut ups however. Certainly not the same player his highlight reel suggested.

I suppose my issue with Walker, in part, is that he replicates Flowers. Most of Flowers' sacks came from the 3-tech which is where Walker seems to do better. I'm really hoping for someone who can get that pressure from the edge. Although, I recognise that BB doesn't prioritise pure sacks from the edge relying more on setting the edge and containment.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back