PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Differential Justice... Ball tampering involving Panthers, Vikings produced a far different reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Not a huge Florio fan, but he has been more of a legal advocate lately, have to turn a crooked eye towards his Pats darts.. interestingly how these teams were warned, and the Pats were involved in a sting operation...

The comparison is not all that great, but interesting standards for different teams..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rs-vikings-produced-a-far-different-reaction/

Still, when the NFL became aware of what the Panthers and Vikings were doing, the NFL said, “Stop it.” The NFL didn’t do that with respect to the Patriots, opting to set a trap in lieu of alerting them to the concern and warning them to knock it off as the AFC title game approached.

Don't you know that there are three sets of rules in Goodell's reich. The first is for favorite teams like the beloved Jets and Ravens who can get away with any violation with only a wristslap. The second rules are for mediocre teams who are punished according to precedent. The third is reserved for the Pats where punishment is predetermined and facts are manufactured to support them.

Unfortunately there isn't ONE reporter who has the BALLS to bring this issue up with Goodell. It should have been mentioned in EVERY interview with Goodell regarding Deflategate. Unfortunately, the NFL will NEVER admit this was a sting operation, but, after confirming there was an issue with deflated balls in the AFCCG, the Pats should have been told not to do it again, just like the Panthers/Vikings, and that's as far as this should've gone. It just proves that all teams are not treated equally. Pats should have been given the same courtesy.

He's been on point about this, so far. He still thinks it's probable that Brady knew about it but he's been putting the majority of the blame on the league.

I guess what torques me off the most is the sheer and blatant hypocrisy of the NFL when it comes to New England. The Patriots seem to get singles out for special attention when other teams are given a pass. Even the Saints were allowed to slide until their conduct became so over the top (bountygate) that it couldn't be ignored.

But it's one thing to see how the NFL Commissioner and his merry band of thugs have it in for New England, and it's quite another thing to see how the mediots and reportards fall respectfully into line to enable this conduct. The Hypocrisy of the NFL is there for anyone to see, yet the overwhelming majority of those in the media seem to not be bothered.

I'm fed up with it, and though the media may not be calling out Goodell and his crew, I will be calling out the media, starting with Felger and Borges, with letters addressed to them specifically, and to their producers. I am all for an objective and free press. We need that. But this is sports, and the NFL has become no different than an abusive spouse, battering the Patriots and pretending that they still love them, and the media just nods and writes and says, in effect, "well, she had it coming."

This Vikes/Panthers story should be your rebuttal to every ******* you meet who tries to call our Pats cheaters to your face. Just say "The Vikings and Panthers were caught "ON FILM" heating up footballs during a cold weather game. This is against league rules. They were told to never do it again, and that was the end of it. No fines, no suspensions. Why weren't the Pats given the same courtesy ?"

Most likely they'll be a bit confused and befuddled, and then spurt out, "cause they are cheaters", but it'll register in their tiny brains. No valid rebuttals will come out.

I agree with what's been said here, but I want to point out that we still have no evidence that the Pats did anything illegal, or if they did (if McNally did), we have no idea of where that came from, other than knowing he had been growled at, through Jastremski, by Brady.

I agree with what's been said here, but I want to point out that we still have no evidence that the Pats did anything illegal, or if they did (if McNally did), we have no idea of where that came from, other than knowing he had been growled at, through Jastremski, by Brady.
Stop posting this crap. It's makes too much sense. Unfortunately, the hordes of haters have been sharpening their pitchforks and making torches for a while now and they're starting to gather in the townsquare.

There is no evidence that the Pats did anything illegal? I think there's a lot of circumstantial evidence in the Well Report in form of text messages and behavior prior to the AFCCG. There isn't a smoking gun but unfortunately it doesn't seem like the NFL needs that in their court of law.

There is no evidence that the Pats did anything illegal? I think there's a lot of circumstantial evidence in the Well Report in form of text messages and behavior prior to the AFCCG. There isn't a smoking gun but unfortunately it doesn't seem like the NFL needs that in their court of law.

Hard evidence and circumstantial evidence are two very different things.

We are not talking about a court of law. We are talking about an investigation that had a clear directive which was to find proof of guilt. The investigation failed in meeting it's objective.

Alternate theory for you: Brady is pissed after the Jets game, lets Jastremski have it.

Jastremski passes it down to McNally.

McNally then starts hounding the officials pre-game to get the balls on the low end of the spectrum - it's a big pain in the ass and he's pissed, and possibly the officials are, too.

McNally takes it upon himself, if he feels the balls are too full, to pop a little air out.

How is that less believable than the conclusion Wells put out. In fact, it's more believable.

And of what I just said, the biggest speculation is that McNally let air out of the balls after inspection. BB said the way they prepared the balls causes some deflation after the fact. Several universities have chimed in on this in agreement.

We don't have pregame measurements for the balls of both teams, and the halftime measurements were not exact, clearly, since they were different from gauge to gauge.

The whole thing is one big meh.

What do think people would say if there was another peice of equipment that has regularly been tampered with by a member of the Patriots over the last decade.

This player is on record stating it makes him more comfortable on the field. This player has been punished for this in the past.

The player is Vince and the equipment is his Jersey. He plays every game in non-compliance of a rule regulating the specs of the Jersey.

One could argue the football is a more important peice of equipment but are we so far off that it required this kind of scrutiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back