PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did this just happen???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the same surreal feeling i had watching the end of sb42 was like balanced out by this game, as this wad a good surreal. All through ot i was just sitting there like:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused:

I've had some time to sleep on it and begin to digest what happened but it's still surreal. I mean, after seeing what I saw in the first half, to be seeing Pats 34 Falcons 28 on my newspaper this morning is just insane with the headline of "WIN FOR THE AGES". Unbelievable. Words don't even describe this pleasantly euphoric feeling that surfaced out of absolute heartbreak.

My productivity level at work is at an all time low and I'm running on almost zero sleep but I have a grin from ear to ear. I've never experienced a high like this from a sporting event. Not even Super Bowl 49. My voice is almost gone.

The game started at 6.30 am here, so it began the day. Looked for a while like I might just eat breakfast and go to work. Then we somehow won that game, and I just said "xxxx it" and started drinking and smoking. I've spent the day in the most pleasant surreal haze. What a wonderful day. I'm going to sleep like a baby.

TB needs to go to Wrestlemania and win the world title now. Not much more he can accomplish. ;)

I'm not gonna lie, at 28-3, I felt for sure we were gonna lose. In fact, after the pick 6, I felt it was over. My brother in law, who HATES the Patriots (he's a Dolphin's fan, wore his Dolphin's socks lol) was saying, "there's a lot of football left", my mom and sister were saying there's plenty of time left. My brother in law felt all along, the Pats could come back because of Tom Brady. How crazy is that ? Someone who hates the Pats, realizes Tom Brady is so great, that he could come back from an unprecedented deficit.

Just thinking about that is so weird. I mean you have people who hate the Pats so much, that they were practically dancing in the streets at 28-3, yet I guarantee there are other non Pat's fans that aren't shocked at his greatness.

I was literally in shock after the game. I was shaking. We were eating a celebratory dessert, and I could barely eat. I'm still kinda in a daze. I was so afraid when we tied it up, that we would still lose it, that would've been more devastating than getting blown out. Just amazing. Still can't believe it, so glad I had off today to let it all set in.

Tom Brady, those last two drives, the one to tie it, and the one in OT, he's a stone cold killer. He was zipping passes into such small windows, it was insane. Just incredible. Greatest game I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes