PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the offense find something yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only other thought to share is that I felt JC looked fine at slot CB, and I felt the secondary as a whole played pretty well.

Beasley is a damn good slot receiver and Allen made some really impressive throws. Credit where it's due. JC was close and appeared to be in good position on the majority of his plays covering Beasley. Some of those throws were placed such that any DB, no matter how good, didn't have a chance.

Tip of the cap to Allen.

Last edited:
Joe Judge coaches Special Teams and receivers in his spare time.
No. He coaches receivers and also coordinates special teams in his spare time. There is a full time special teams coach under him.

Without committing the 2 big penalties (Bolden block in the back, JE keeping his hands down on the OPI), we're in the mid 30s against an elite defense. I think we're well on our way, some things to clean up so we haven't *peaked* yet but I think with 2 weeks to prepare for the AFC playoffs and if we get that far another 2 weeks to prepare for the SB we can come out alot cleaner.

Funny how much better the running game is with a healthy Shaq Mason. It’s really good to see him shoving people backwards again and pulling and also getting to the second level.

Funny how much better the running game is with a healthy Shaq Mason. It’s really good to see him shoving people backwards again and pulling and also getting to the second level.
Since Wynn's return they are averaging 131ypg on the ground.

Fortunately the world isn't binary and Harry has the potential to be both an open-field weapon ala Patterson AND a talented WR.

Yes, at the moment he's primarily making his impact via plays specifically designed to get him the ball in space but that doesn't mean his potential doesn't extend beyond that. Given his age, work ethic, physical tools, and flashes he has shown, I'm still optimistic that he can develop into a polished WR, and still be a weapon with the ball in his hands in the open field.
For sure. He has a nice skillset already, capable of breaking tackles and making spectacular catches. If he polishes his route running, he'll become very good

I'm NOT an Xs and Os guy, so only going by my johnny casual view of the game, the Pat's mixed in some different plays that were almost entirely effective. Not sure why it took til week 16 to call such plays or to execute them, but at this point I'll take it.

Also I thought they executed the screen much better after struggling to even complete the play all season. Brady also was locked in and on a mission. He showed great patience on several.plays that almost got blown up into sacks and he ended up finding the man with blockers for a first down or on some cases 20 to 30 yard gains.

I thought it all started with the line of scrimmage. The line opened up holes for the RBs, and the pass blocking for Brady was very good. No sacks by Buffalo's very good defense, not one. That was the biggest difference. If our line plays well, Brady will be Brady. That was just a solid football game. Buffalo hit a few big plays, made the score close. But in reality that game probably should've been about 27-10...but as long as you win, doesn't matter much. I'm feeling pretty confident going into the playoffs. I don't think there's one team in the league, no matter where the game is played where I say to myself "the Patriots can't beat these guys, even if they're at their best." Don't sleep on BB, Brady and co., I never do

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft