PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Kraft put BB on notice?

This is basically the exact same **** RK said last year. Nothing new regarding BB and the team.
Exactly. Kraft isn't gonna rock the boat with Bill. What, he's gonna fire Bill and give the job to BOB? Right.

Kraft & BB discuss football matters and there's mutual respect, but Kraft is more of an advisor. Both guys want to get back into the playoffs, no news there. Kraft to the media merely plays the role of impatient fan, so fans know that the executives get it, but there's no real oversight of Belichick, nor should there be frankly.

As long as BB wants to coach here, he'll coach here, unless the wheels totally come off which will never happen. In 3-4 years Mayo will become HC.

Agree with people saying same message as last couple years. No breaking news here

Exactly. Kraft isn't gonna rock the boat with Bill. What, he's gonna fire Bill and give the job to BOB? Right.
Thats what Kraft said in one of the books. When BB is gone he wants BOB to take over.

I suppose Kraft likes spending all this money to lose so BB is untouchable.
Kraft & BB discuss football matters and there's mutual respect, but Kraft is more of an advisor. Both guys want to get back into the playoffs, no news there. Kraft to the media merely plays the role of impatient fan, so fans know that the executives get it, but there's no real oversight of Belichick, nor should there be frankly.
Complaining from the owner about drafting and wins sounds like oversight to me.

Today BK adds this is a business and that he is hoping for more wins than losses. He aint talking 9 - 8 records either.

As long as BB wants to coach here, he'll coach here, unless the wheels totally come off which will never happen. In 3-4 years Mayo will become HC.
BB wont last that long if things dont change around here.

Barmore has a restraining order against him.
is that restraining order on behalf of opposing QBs?

Is the gal who got it in the opposing backfield?

if not how does it matter?

Kraft needs to stop the complaining. This is what he wanted.

The issue is that Pete Carroll is perceived as a pretty good head coach in the NFL. Kraft worked with Carroll and was not impressed. Hence Kraft knows, without BB there may be a big step down. BOB was not a great HC in TX. Mayo might be a great HC, but it is all speculation.

The best outcome is for BB to break Shula's record and then let Mayo run the team with BB as an advisor for 3 years.

Kraft isn't stupid. He knows that BB is by far one of the best coaches in professional sports.

Can you imagine Kraft firing BB in January, 2024....who would he then interview/hire?

Every other candidate would be a young unproven offensive/defensive coordinator or a coaching retread who failed elsewhere or a college coach.......

Mayo would be the best of the lot, but I don't think Mayo is ready to be a full time HC just yet.

Kraft needs to stop the complaining. This is what he wanted.
He's the boss.
He wants excellence from his team. For all his faults he did learn from the Parcells debacle and has for the most part stayed away from the roster construction of the team.
Only natural for him to want the team to be what it is meant to be and that's a contender year in and year out.

Except for the part where Kraft points out that he has given BB full autonomy to make choices that havent produced wins.

This being a business and all.

Mac Jones is on BB. His QB and you dont win in this league without a franchise QB. We had the best and BB ran him off.
I’m confused brother. Was there ever any question that BB has full autonomy? I thought we all knew that.

Seems that way.

Certainly a bit harsher than what you'd expect but not way outside of typical messaging this time of year. If Bill has a 7 or 8 win season (or worse) that might be it for him. It's hard to say, however. I'm sure Kraft would rather be able to end Bill's tenure on good terms and be able to keep him in a limited advisory capacity into the next 1-2 decades.

Seems that way.

Krafts revisionism on the Brady debacle. I think he's still sick over having to watch Brady hoist a Lombardi next to Joel Glazer. After he publicly pleaded for Brady to retire lol.

Kraft trusted BB and got a bucket of egg thrown in his face for it. Now he wants to distance himself from that decision, when we all know he could have stopped it, and he chose not to.

And then, ************, he allowed BB to make Matt Patricia the team's offensive coordinator, which spectacularly failed.

Kraft should have BB on an extremely short leash but it's too little too late. Cam happened. Patricia happened. 25-26 happened. Mediocre Mac is still happening.

I guess it'll come down to if Kraft wants BB to pass Shula while still head coach of the Patriots. Because he's not going to earn his keep with playoff wins. (Unless they swing that trade for LJ.)

There's no dumber discussion than the whole "passing Shula" thing. Who cares, honestly? If he does it in the midst of a 8-9, 9-8 season, how does that mean anything for Bill's legacy? I mean, player records are much more meaningful and off the top of their head do you think the average fan knows with which team Tom Brady became the all time leader in TD passes or passing yards? If you think Bill can still coach and perform his personnel duties at a championship level, you keep him, if he gives you reiterated proof he's lost his fastball, you let him go. How are the Patriots negatively impacted if Belichick has a couple of bad years, is let go, and then goes to the Bears and sets the all time winning record he was about 3 wins away from to begin with? No one will remember that in 3 years. Now, if he goes elsewhere and succeeds/wins at a high level, then it reflects poorly on Kraft and the Pats, but the record is a bunch of nothing.

Last year’s statement, and from last year’s thread on this:
So what is Kraft going to say when they finish 8-9, maybe 3rd in the division, and out of the playoffs? By that point they'll have a cumulative record of below .500 (25-26) over the last three season? Is Belichick on the hot seat at that point? It's serious question... if they don't top 8 or 9 wins over the next two seasons then I could see the Krafts seriously considering a change.
If your scenario becomes reality, he'll answer the question with the party line of, "I have complete confidence in Bill to get us back on the winning track".
https://www.patsfans.com/new-englan...-statement-at-the-ownership-meetings.1158139/

If you two can provide me with the winning PowerBall number, that would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

He's the boss.
He wants excellence from his team. For all his faults he did learn from the Parcells debacle and has for the most part stayed away from the roster construction of the team.
Only natural for him to want the team to be what it is meant to be and that's a contender year in and year out.
But he approved Bill's plan. He approved Bill in hiring a retread in Bill O'Brien, keeping Joe Judge and somehow Patricia is still lurking around.

It's still TBD on player personnel since we have the draft coming up and time for trades and FA's possibly coming available.

Bob is coming off as bipolar being on board with Bill and then telling the media he expects results.

Kraft isn't stupid. He knows that BB is by far one of the best coaches in professional sports.

Can you imagine Kraft firing BB in January, 2024....who would he then interview/hire?

Every other candidate would be a young unproven offensive/defensive coordinator or a coaching retread who failed elsewhere or a college coach.......

Mayo would be the best of the lot, but I don't think Mayo is ready to be a full time HC just yet.
He’s paying Belichick north of $20m per season. If Kraft is looking at it as a business he’s thinking I can pay someone a hell of a lot less than $20+M for mediocre results.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back