PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did he really just compare Brady to Hernandez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too funny, tweeted him to read a science book once in a while.

Stephen, you insulted him a lit'l bit. A lit'l bit ya did

140228_2749591_Robert_De_Niro_Cold_Opening_anvver_2.jpg

I completely get his point. He's not comparing him to Hernandez, he's simply stating that a player can lie to the owner. No matter what you think about Smith and regardless of whether Brady is innocent or not has nothing to do with this point. Merely stating that it's not far fetched to think a patriots player could lie to Kraft. Saying that's not a valid point is being blind.

You could argue that Brady is nothing like Hernandez, but that doesn't mean Brady isn't capable of lying to Kraft.

Your thread title is misleading, acting like he's comparing the two human beings instead of pointing out that Brady could be lying. Don't twist his words... The media does that enough already

Well when stephan A owns a team he can decide who he believes and who he doesn't.

I completely get his point. He's not comparing him to Hernandez, he's simply stating that a player can lie to the owner. No matter what you think about Smith and regardless of whether Brady is innocent or not has nothing to do with this point. Merely stating that it's not far fetched to think a patriots player could lie to Kraft. Saying that's not a valid point is being blind.

You could argue that Brady is nothing like Hernandez, but that doesn't mean Brady isn't capable of lying to Kraft.

Your thread title is misleading, acting like he's comparing the two human beings instead of pointing out that Brady could be lying. Don't twist his words... The media does that enough already

You're being fair and open-minded about this, so good job by you.

I think there's such a vast difference between what Hernandez was lying about and what Brady might be lying about, that it's not a good idea to try and relate the two situations.

Actually, what Hernandez said was unbelievable and Kraft's testimony about it was a major reason he wasconvicted. Why not look it up and see how wrong you are?
The reason? Through Kraft, we now know what Hernandez' original alibi was . . . and it's been proven to be false.

"Kraft sought him out in the weight room when he was still just a murder suspect, before he'd been charged, and asked him what had happened, and Aaron Hernandez told him: 'I was at a club. I'm innocent,' " Wetzel said.

"That's a damaging bit of evidence because that's clearly a lie.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/wetzel-krafts-testimony-very-damaging-hernandez

Also, stephen smith is a total a hole and definitely meant to compare Brady to a murderer.

Now back under the bridge with you!

Last edited:
How long did Kraft think AH was telling the truth?
an hour? a day?

Actually, what Hernandez said was unbelievable and Kraft's testimony about it was a major reason. Why not look it up and see how wrong you are?

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/wetzel-krafts-testimony-very-damaging-hernandez

Also, stephen smith is a total a hole and definitely meant to compare Brady to a murderer.

Good post, though I don't view Interception as a troll. He makes a valid point, that equating the ability to deceive is not nearly the same thing as equating the crimes.

Where I think he misfires is that he doesn't supplement that with acknowledgement that even the lies have a good deal of situational disparity between them

Any comment which addresses Brady and Hernandez, and their respective situations, and includes a reference to their truthfulness is intentionally provocative and damning. Smith should be embarrassed. I'm sure he isn't.

Not the first moron to make that connection...and AH was released within an hour of the arrest.

You're being fair and open-minded about this, so good job by you.

I think there's such a vast difference between what Hernandez was lying about and what Brady might be lying about, that it's not a good idea to try and relate the two situations.

Trying not to blindly bash anyone who opposes. I just want to make clear that even if Brady is guilty, I'd still support him... But I want to try to be as unbiased as possible when looking at the whole situation. So thank you, means a lot!

Definitely two different situations and I can see how comparing the two could be tricky. In that sense I guess it is pretty silly! But I think the point was that "it's possible Brady is lying" and not "Brady is just like Hernandez!" People need to look past the comparison and consider the meaning... Which is "Brady could be lying." Nothing wrong with considering that, even if the way it was presented was silly.

Then again, presenting it that way gets the comment more attention and backs it with "a player has lied to Kraft before," so as a member of the media it was a pretty good way to get attention while making a point.

Welcome to sports journalism today. It's all about the HOT TAKEZ and not really worth taking seriously.

As for Brady lying to Kraft... very unlikely. He would have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose doing so.

Actually, what Hernandez said was unbelievable and Kraft's testimony about it was a major reason. Why not look it up and see how wrong you are?

His point was simple: Brady could be lying.
Is that so far fetched to consider?
Just because you are unable to look at the meaning behind a comment does not make me a troll. There is nothing wrong with considering that Brady could be lying.
It's silly and foolish to think Smith is saying "Brady is just like a murderer!" No. He's saying Brady might've lied, because Kraft has been lied to before. It has nothing to do with murder. The comparison could've been to any player who has lied to an owner and the point would've been the same.

Well Stephen, Chris Mortensen, who also works at ESPN, made an incredibly erroneous report about the Pats balls after the AFCCG, so I think we can pretty much dismiss your opinion.

pretty sure he says stuff like that to get people to start threads about him

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye