Did Borges really say this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Committed heresy this AM, visited the other Pats mb's, came across an unverified article that stated on Felger's show on Friday, Ronnie said he would pick Dungy over BB.. cannot find any other mention of this or any verification of it. Did anyone hear this ridiculosity, or was it another internet rumor??

Not that it will every change my opinion of this idiot, just put another nail in his coffin.

GJAJ15 said:
Committed heresy this AM, visited the other Pats mb's, came across an unverified article that stated on Felger's show on Friday, Ronnie said he would pick Dungy over BB.. cannot find any other mention of this or any verification of it. Did anyone hear this ridiculosity, or was it another internet rumor??

Not that it will every change my opinion of this idiot, just put another nail in his coffin.

He did say it when he was on Felger's radio show this week. I heard it. Borges just sounded plain stupid.

If true, this clown should never be allowed to talk write about sports again.

Absolutely absurd.

That would be like saying you would take Dominique Wilkins over Jordan.

LloydBraun said:
If true, this clown should never be allowed to talk write about sports again.

Absolutely absurd.

That would be like saying you would take Dominique Wilkins over Jordan.
Sports writers opinions are losing imprtance everyday. Too many just interject their opinion with no evidence. That's what I like about Reiss, he gives his opinion but backs it up with supporting evidence. Essentially Borgis and Felger have become just like everyone else on these message boards.

MrBigglesWorth said:
Essentially Borgis and Felger have become just like everyone else on these message boards.

You're being unfair to Patsfans.com! :)

No, really -- it was something I thought earlier in the year. A number of new posters arrived and started posting opinions without any information, evidence or argument -- even wildly positive opinions about the Pats -- and then resented it when folks who'd been here longer started taking them to task. Perhaps their idea of a message board was a place that was like sports-talk radio. God forbid!

when will everyone learn, dont let borges get to you, he knows nothing and that is how he makes his living, it bothered me before , it i laugh at it, yhe other one i laugh at is felger, hes just as stupid. both arent worth the strokes on your keyboard, idont listen to both and i read them for the laughs

No surprise.

He has been saying it for years. In both playoff games he gave the Colts the edge in coaching on his stupid checklist thing that reporters do before te game.

patsgo said:
when will everyone learn, dont let borges get to you, he knows nothing and that is how he makes his living, it bothered me before , it i laugh at it, yhe other one i laugh at is felger, hes just as stupid. both arent worth the strokes on your keyboard, idont listen to both and i read them for the laughs

He does not get to me, he is a fool pure and simple and tries to play the controversy ratings game, I just cannot believe that he gets away with this and is still thought of highly enough to write for the Globe and MSNBC. Felger has descended to a little lower than whale crap also.

If Felger isn't enough reason not to listen to his show, adding Borges to the mix just makes it even worse. I wouldn't listen to that show if it were the only program I could get on my radio.

Borges just continues to make a fool of himself...BB has only won 3 SBs as a head coach and others as an assistant. Dungy can't even come close to a fraction of that and his teams always seem to lose big games.

The problem with writers/columnists like Felger and Borges is they try to be bigger than the story and are always promoting themselves by saying potentially controversial things. They are always trying to stir things up to get readership and ratings. That's why I don't read or listen to them.

Give me Mike Reiss or Tom E. Curran any day of the week.

Last edited:
Borges seems to go out of his way to show us

-his hatred for BB overcomes rational thought
OR
-he's just an idiot (proving more and more each day)

or both

Are we really that suprised by this? It is completely par for the course for Mr. Wrong Borges.

iam interested to know..how many other cities have their media outlets or local writers completely biased and against the teams they cover esp when they are good teams.... anyone know of any such other writers across the country..is this a common thing ?

Felger is using Ron as a draw - the guy Pat's fans love to hate. He'd been defending Ron for months, probably to get him on the show regularly. But in the last week or so he's decided playing him as the irrational adversary makes Felger look less stupid. He's doing this new thing where he plays a mimi me clip - he's heard the fans comparing his stchick to Borges. And while there is no such thing as bad attention in the radio business, I think he's starting to feel just a tad foolish. So now he's mocking Ron over statements like this - just like he mocks players. Felger as the mock jock.

As for Ron, his contention is Dungy is a great coach despite the playoff struggles. He credits him with building the team Gruden won with in 2002 and says the proof is that eam went into the crapper with Gruden thereafter. I guess Ron didn't hear the run put them in a cap mess... And he now lays the blame for the Indy failures at Polian's feet for building an imperfect Colts team. But more importantly Ron states Tony is a great person.....the obvious insinuation being Belichick isn't...

But it's not like it's personal or anything :rolleyes:

Felger argued that while in a stretch because of the obvious reasons (like success) you could pick another HC but there are so many other obvious choices ahead of Dungy this is apparently a deep seeded anti BB thing with Ron. Get out...

:bricks:

I think Borges quotesare a riot. He is so sarcastic and adamant aboutcertain Patriots decisions and so hopelessly wrong it's comedy gold.

I'd love to have an archive. Whenever he ticks you off, just compare past quotes to reality and laugh.:D

The all time classic:

"On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon. - Ron Borges, MSNBC after 2001 Draft

Also from 2001:

Belichick will not be so lucky. He doesn't have (Jimmy) Johnson's personality, which can be as jovial and charming as a snake oil salesman's. Worse, this Patriot team isn't going to win two Super Bowls any time soon... - Ron Borges, Boston Globe, 11/22/01

Borges is punch drunk...too many lefts to the snotbox when he was a "fighter".

By Ron Borges, Globe Staff, 11/19/2001

"Sometimes the explanation is simple. Last night was one of those times.

They're better.

It doesn't get simpler than that in sports.

The St. Louis Rams are better than the New England Patriots.

Better on offense. Better on defense. Better at crunch time. Much better at crunch time, in fact. Better when games are won and when they are lost.

Better even than this improved version of the Patriots.

Since the score ended 24-17, you might fool yourself into thinking that means they played them to a standstill. Nearly dead even, you might say.

That would be kidding yourself. The Patriots were not nearly even with the Rams last nigh
t. They were competitive, which is a major step up from a year ago, but they were not close to being even to the league's measuring stick.:D
............................................................................................................

Apparently Ron didn't think we drafted well. Couple guys named Wilfork and Watson.

"Certainly there were questions to be asked after the Patriots completed the first two rounds of the NFL Draft and came away with two defensive linemen and a tight end, apparently drafting under the theory that if you don't get it right the first time, just repeat yourself.

that's what they appeared to do in the first round when New England selected highly rated University of Miami defensive tackle Vince Wilfork and Georgia tight end Ben Watson with picks No. 21 and 32, respectively, thereby ignoring the two top-rated running backs, two of the top five cornerbacks, and two of the top half-dozen wide receivers to take players at positions in which they recently invested previous No. 1 picks

Wrong has apparently learned not to name every guy we passed up in the draft. Oh well, the Seymour draft quote will always be comedy gold.

Last edited:
How does this guy not walk around with a bag over his head? If I said stuff like that I would never want to show my face again. I guess these guys would rather look mind-numbingly idiotic than appear to be a "homer" in the slightest?

My mother knows more about the Patriots than that tool.

I hope Felger is starting to realize that Borges is not the way to go if he wants to be successful.

He should take a note from Ordway and let some one else bring opposing viewpoints and controversy, while he waves the pom, poms.

I really hope he makes it because as others have said, he's the only game in town and I think he genuinely loves and beleives in the Patriots.

IMO he should stay true to that love and let that be what guides him.

He promised he would talk Pats, not trash the Pats.

Is Dungy even the coach over in Indy right now? Because from what I've seen, it's Peyton calling the shots. Especially when it comes to when the offense will get off the field. I felt embarrassed for Dungy during the Playoff game against Pittsburgh. He lost control of his team. How many times has that happened to Bill? Never!

Last edited:
PaulNEPats said:
Is Dungy even the coach over in Indy right now? Because from what I've seen, it's Peyton calling the shots. Especially when it comes to when the offense will get off the field.

Who cares cuz he's such a nice guy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents