PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson? (UPDATED: Caserio Says Team Has "no interest" in trading him)

I’d rather live in NYC and pay taxes than live in TX or FLA. In fact, I’ll go further : I’d pay extra taxes to not live in FLA or TX. When you make that kinda cash, 15M seems like small potatoes to avoid those places....
I've been to NYC & FLA many times, and lived in TX for a decade...

NYC is a Sh!thole, the Armpit of America...The next time I have to go there will be too soon...WAY too soon...

As Randy Moss said on ESPN, "the days of players playing and shutting up are over". No more Corey Dillon's saying "I'd rather flip burgers than play for the Bengals" then conceding and showing up to camp are long gone. NFL players are seeing what NBA players are doing and now realizing they have more power than they thought.

So basically, Watson will pull an Anthony Davis and force the Texans to trade him to where he wants to go.
**** the NaziBawlAss, and everyone in it.

NYC is a Sh!thole...The next time I have to go there will be too soon...WAY too soon...

I have lived in Bergen county and Texas. NYC is the last place I'd ever choose to live. What a shyt hole. Texas was awesome. Massachusetts is my home. I love it here. But if I had to choose to live somewhere else it would be either Georgia or Texas.

NYC is a Sh!thole, the Armpit of America...The next time I have to go there will be too soon...WAY too soon...
NYC is definitely a sh!thole, but it's definitely worth going to experience. They weren't kidding when people say the "city never sleeps". I was in Dallas in 2004 and the old Texas Stadium was the ugliest piece of sh!t. I met Julius Jones at the Dallas Galleria mall his rookie year. I asked him if he was going to make his debut on MNF and he told me he was and it was going to be announced soon.

“I hate Houston.”

”So, I’ll sign a long term deal here.”

”And then demand a trade to a winning organization.”

”I’m hoping it’s the Jets.”

« Les goûts ne se discutent pas »
(You cannot discuss taste - it’s less eloquent in English)

just to say that - those who think think their beliefs and preferences are for everyone are being ridiculous. I’m unsurprised many posters prefer TX & FL. But I’d not.

I’d rather live in NYC and pay taxes than live in TX or FLA. In fact, I’ll go further : I’d pay extra taxes to not live in FLA or TX. When you make that kinda cash, 15M seems like small potatoes to avoid those places....
He'll need to earn an extra $30+ mill to net the lost $15 mill he'll owe the local tax man
I'm sure NY/NJ will put his $15 mill to good use
And who knows.....
The few remaining restaurants in NY might reopen by the time his contract ends

I have lived in Bergen county and Texas. NYC is the last place I'd ever choose to live. What a shyt hole. Texas was awesome. Massachusetts is my home. I love it here. But if I had to choose to live somewhere else it would be either Georgia or Texas.
Not Italy ?

« Les goûts ne se discutent pas »
(You cannot discuss taste - it’s less eloquent in English)

just to say that - those who think think their beliefs and preferences are for everyone are being ridiculous. I’m unsurprised many posters prefer TX & FL. But I’d not.

Have you been to either state?

I have been Ne Ny Atl Min and all West Coast...La Sd Arz Nevada California Utah...
Any suggestion for next trip ?

TONY I have been in Usa 5 times and i love Usa

Italy is on my bucket list. I've lived in Europe for thirteen years and Asia for two. I kick myself for not getting to Italy while in Europe.

Texas is a huge state. Each city is different. Each region is different. Anyway I enjoyed my couple of years down there.

I have been Ne Ny Atl Min and all West Coast...La Sd Arz Nevada California Utah...
Any suggestion for next trip ?

Wow. You've seen a lot.

Washington DC - has the Smithsonian space and science museum, Historical buildings etc. You need three or four days to see everything comfortably.

Philadelphia - is a good place to visit for US history and museums as well. Pennsylvania is nice state to drive through. Poconos mountains etc..

Virginia/West Virginia - driving through that area near the blue ridge mountains feels like a different country. I don't know if it was the perfect day but it was the most beautiful part of the country I've ever driven through. You can tell instantly that people are different in that area. Very friendly and relaxed.

I once drove from Maine to Phoenix Arizona. I really enjoyed seeing the changing landscapes. I remember being in awe driving through new Mexico and seeing a mountain range far off in the distance. I couldn't believe how far I could see. At times I could imagine the old west.

Funny story for you. I stopped at one those American Indian stores along the way. I wanted to buy my fiance and her family some gifts. So I purchased some things and week or so later I flew to Taiwan to get married. I gave my new in-laws the gifts and my wife says "my belt says made in China". Hahaha. Whoops.

I've never been to yellowstone national park or seen the redwood forest. One day I will.

I haven’t.

I’m 100% certain that both states have fantastic aspects to them - I can list some : preferable weather, diverse communities (I know that both states are large and areas within them are varied), financial considerations, people I’ve spoken to have mentioned the genuine « southern hospitality » they encountered... since I live in a very wealthy village, I’m probably of the few who hasn’t been to Florida. Most people here visit once a year (or opt for resorts on Caribbean islands). My children have been twice.

Before Covid, I went to NYC once a year. Usually for a weekend as it’s less than 2h from the airport. I love it. I usually choose Europe instead of the USA for my longer trip.

Having said that, I am from a northern area. The oppressive heat, even in shoulder season, would be a lot to take. And, to respect the opinions of others, I’ll just say that for philosophical reasons, I don’t think I’d be a fit there. We should avoid politics on the football forum. I know that Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio are different cities and that rural areas differ perhaps even more. But I’d find that part of the experience too much as well...

To contrast, I live in a village of less than 2000 people where we’ve never had a (documented) murder since its founding in the 1650s. I know no one who is unemployed, in fact people from other communities come here to do the work we don’t want to do. Here, I’m in the lower 15% financially and I still live in great comfort. It’s not a perfect community, but I can’t imagine moving to an area with so many guns.

In closing : I went overboard to show my preferences just to offer a different point of view from the posters insisting « it would be crazy to go to NYC instead of TX, FL, and others » because sometimes I feel posters here don’t realize that outside of their communities - some parts of the world are seen from a variety of angles.

What a Joke. If this is really about winning and roster you wouldn't have the Jets as your #1 choice.

Their roster is abysmal and will have a record similar to the Texans of he goes there. At least Dolphins have all the pieces to compete.

Jets are still a dumpster fire

Italy is on my bucket list. I've lived in Europe for thirteen years and Asia for two. I kick myself for not getting to Italy while in Europe.
Europe where ?

Agreed. I lived in Florida and came back to Connecticut. The people and the weather I just couldn’t deal with anymore. I’d rather pay more to live here.

NYC is definitely a sh!thole, but it's definitely worth going to experience. They weren't kidding when people say the "city never sleeps".
Spent my 20's in Manhattan. Once you get into the swing of big city life, it's an incredibly fun place to live. Every young adult should spend a few years giving NYC a go.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back