PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver or Seahawks- which is the better team so far?

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Denvers Opponents

Ravens 3-3
VaGiants 0-6
Raiders 2-4
Eagles 3-3
Cowboys 3-3
Jaguars 0-6

Seattles Opponents

W Carolina 2-3
W SF 4-2
W Jaguars 0-6
W Houston 2-4
L Indy 4-2
W Titans 3-3
W Arizona 3-4

These two teams are ranked 1-2 in all the power rankings, But the collective records of their opponents (especially Broncos) says otherwise.

You can only beat what's put in front of you. Denver are doing it with a terrific offense and the Seahawks are one of the better run teams right now (albeit by benefiting from the advantages having a cheap young franchise QB gives you).

In the battle of great O versus great D I'm taking the D every time.

The Seahawks remind me of the 2004 Pats. They have an elite defense, an elite RB (Dillon), young, top 10 QB, (Brady at the time) and a pretty good offense. (27ppg)

The Broncos remind me of a mutated version of the 2011 Pats. They have a much better offense and a worse defense than that sieve we fielded in 2011. They are giving up 407 yards and 26.6ppg, and that's with facing the Jaguars.

In a head on matchup I'd probably go with the Seahawks.

If they both made it to the SuperBowl I'd take the Seahawks.

That defense and ground game versus Manning in a cold outdoor stadium and that defense!

Yeah I'll take the 'hawks

At this point, Denver. Indy is the first common opponent, so if Denver wins there it has beaten the team Seattle could not beat.

Seattle's D failed against a reeling Texans team, and it took an overtime win to put away a team that just got kicked around by the Rams. There are shades of the 2003 or 2004 Pats, but after the first two games the D has been giving up points. I believe Seattle has the best D in terms of talent, but that has not been on display since game 2. This is either a trend, and the defense is not as advertised, or it is just a streak of the sporadic bad games the Pats saw in 2003 and 2004 over the course of the season.

As for Denver, the team stands or falls on its offense. That offense has been so much better than every other team's offense that it has not lost. It has not really faced a team that can slow down its offense. At this point, it has pretty much won every fight by knockout, so I would call it the better team now.

In the long-term, I would put my money on Seattle for playoff success. At this point, Denver hoists the early mid-season title (to join all of Peyton's other mid-season titles unaccompanied by post-season accolades).

In the battle of great O versus great D I'm taking the D every time.

And adding in that Denver's d is bad and Seattles O is pretty good. I'd take Seattle easily if they meet in the super bowl.

The Seahawks are the more complete team. The Broncos O might be the best at this current moment but we've seem better offenses falter down the stretch because that style isn't sustainable especially come playoff time.

A good defense is pretty much always good, especially in the playoffs - where games get tighter, and more physical. If you have a good D you always have a shot. Denver's D hasn't been impressive at all and once their offense starts to sputter, it's gameover for them. Or basically the same thing that happened to them last season.

If they played right now on a neutral site, Seattle would win handedly.

And adding in that Denver's d is bad and Seattles O is pretty good. I'd take Seattle easily if they meet in the super bowl.
Von Miller and Champ Bailey will markedly improve the Broncos D. The question is how much? I simply don't trust Manning in the cold against the Seattle D.

We'll get to see how the Broncos OL handles an elite pass rush when they come up against the Chiefs. That's the only comparable front 7 I see to Seattle's.

this forum is insanely biased against DEN/Manning

As expected.

That doesn't mean Seattle isn't the most complete team. They are. Does that make them better? Yeah, probably.

At this point, Denver. Indy is the first common opponent, so if Denver wins there it has beaten the team Seattle could not beat.

Seattle's D failed against a reeling Texans team, and it took an overtime win to put away a team that just got kicked around by the Rams.
Your first point doesn't take into consideration that Seattle was playing in back-to-back 1PM EST games, which is a situation they've historically struggled in, against the Colts. Teams playing back to back road games almost always struggle in the second game (e.g. Patriots & Saints this season), and that doesn't even take into consideration that they were playing on the east coast game as a west coast team two games in a row. Circadian rhythm and all that.

If Colts went up to Seattle, they would've been dominated likewise for the Texans. The Seahawks are a much different team on the road than they're at home.

As expected.

That doesn't mean Seattle isn't the most complete team. They are. Does that make them better? Yeah, probably.

it also means that there's basically no circumstances in which people would choose DEN over whatever the 2nd best team is. there's always going to be _______ reason why "I'll take x over Denver."

Von Miller and Champ Bailey will markedly improve the Broncos D. The question is how much? I simply don't trust Manning in the cold against the Seattle D.

We'll get to see how the Broncos OL handles an elite pass rush when they come up against the Chiefs. That's the only comparable front 7 I see to Seattle's.
Von Miller for sure, how is he against the run btw? Isn't Bailey pretty much toast though?

It's Denver. Sigh...

These two teams are ranked 1-2 in all the power rankings, But the collective records of their opponents (especially Broncos) says otherwise.

Not ALL the power rankings - the Pats own Wilson-Hart power index has Seattle/Denver at 1 and 6, respectively.

Not ALL the power rankings - the Pats own Wilson-Hart power index has Seattle/Denver at 1 and 6, respectively.

Whereas the Patsfans.com own power ranking would have Seattle/Denver at #1 and #31 respectively ;)

No prizes for guessing #32.

difficult to say...both looks really good

I'm still not completely sold on the Seahawks. They could easily be 4-3 right now with the two nailbiters against Carolina and Houston. The team always seems to play down to teams when they are away from home. Also, Wilson is a good young QB, but he seems to try to make some dangerous plays a la Tony Romo. He's just been lucky so far that they've mostly gone his way.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back