PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

December 9th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
On any team board you're going to find different levels of tolerance for dissent from that teams fans. Warden and SS show their team spirit where as you often cross the line and just show a mean spirit. They'll get acceptance from 98% of the members, you'll have more issues until you stick to honest debate and leave the garbage talk behind.

Just my opinion.

Fair enough but in all fairness, I was greeted with disrespect long before I ever talked a little garbage. In addition, and I think this is key. I NEVER made a personal attack on anyone unprovoked. I may have spoken poorly of someof your players, coaches, etc, but I NEVER went after someone personally.

Since making this site part of my web surfing, I have been called gay, a douche bag, etc. It doesn't bother me a bit and to a point, I expect that being here. After all, I hate your team, and I'm on your site so I take it with a grain of salt. I did come here voluntarily. I only mention the above things in order to defend myself against charges being rendered against me.

Fair enough but in all fairness, I was greeted with disrespect long before I ever talked a little garbage. In addition, and I think this is key. I NEVER made a personal attack on anyone unprovoked. I may have spoken poorly of someof your players, coaches, etc, but I NEVER went after someone personally.

Since making this site part of my web surfing, I have been called gay, a douche bag, etc. It doesn't bother me a bit and to a point, I expect that being here. After all, I hate your team, and I'm on your site so I take it with a grain of salt. I did come here voluntarily. I only mention the above things in order to defend myself against charges being rendered against me.

If you go to a Chargers Board and start posting about Merriman and his steroid charges how do you think you will be received?

Not well. It always starts that way and then you get called a d-bag.

If you want to talk strategy and match-ups you'll still get called a d-bag and worse by some because your dissenting opinion will be viewed as homer-ism but the vast majority will respect you.

I cannot stand the Steelers. I hate Bettis, Ward, and Porter with a passion, I know two of the three are not there any longer but they'll always be associated as being Steelers. When I post at a Steeler site I don't bother posting that I hate them because it accomplished zero and lowers my credibility.

There's a lot of fans from other teams I like hearing from and some like HeBanMe push the envelope at times but they can be funny and insightful.

Last edited:
If you go to a Chargers Board and start posting about Merriman and his steroid charges how do you think you will be received?

Not well. It always starts that way and then you get called a d-bag.

If you want to talk strategy and match-ups you'll still get called a d-bag and worse by some because your dissenting opinion will be viewed as homer-ism but the vast majority will respect you.

I cannot stand the Steelers. I hate Bettis, Ward, and Porter with a passion, I know two of the three are not there any longer but they'll always be associated as being Steelers. When I post at a Steeler site I don't bother posting that I hate them because it accomplished zero and lowers my credibility.

There's a lot of fans from other teams I like hearing from and some like HeBanMe push the envelope at times but they can be funny and insightful.

I know its hindsight, but I'm not a huge Porter or bettis fan either. Porter is basically a punk and most educated Steeler fans were happy to see him go. I don't hate Bettis, but there are too many Steeler fans who still believe every RB for the Steelers now needs to weigh at least 250 or we have lost our identity. Willie Parker is still fighting that ignorant stereotype. Plus, Bettis got way too much credit for being a team guy. Yes he took a pay cut, but he had no choice. He would have been cut had he not and no one else wanted him.

Now Ward is a different story. I can understand why opposing fans would hate him, but the guy is ALL heart. There are few Steelers who I have more respect for as a player. James Harrison has also been a favorite of mine for years even when he only played special teams. I never doubted the guy would make Porter look like a fool when given the opportunity. Plus, Harrison is all action and zero talk. He never runs his mouth. The funny thing about Harrison is that the reason he was cut by the Steelers like 5 years ago was because the Steelers LB coach at the time literally thought Harrison was going to kick his a s s. Harrison had some anger issues, and retrurned with a better attitude during his second run with the team. He's onjly 6'0" and an undrafted FA, but he is tough as nails and uses his lack of height as an advantage in leverage. I've been watching him destroy people in camp for years during pass rush drills. Give him a running start at a RB trying to block him, and wow! I haven;t seen him in that situation yet during a game, but I can't wait. I guarentee a straight bull rush.

I will try to tone down my banter a bit. I haven't been as bad recently. Mostly self defense at this point.

Last edited:
Now Ward is a different story. I can understand why opposing fans would hate him, but the guy is ALL heart. There are few Steelers who I have more respect for as a player. James Harrison has also been a favorite of mine for years even when he only played special teams. I never doubted the guy would make Porter look like a fool when given the opportunity. Plus, Harrison is all action and zero talk. He never runs his mouth. The funny thing about Harrison is that the reason he was cut by the Steelers like 5 years ago was because the Steelers LB coach at the time literally thought Harrison was going to kick his a s s. Harrison had some anger issues, and retrurned with a better attitude during his second run with the team. He's onjly 6'0" and an undrafted FA, but he is tough as nails and uses his lack of height as an advantage in leverage. I've been watching him destroy people in camp for years during pass rush drills. Give him a running start at a RB trying to block him, and wow! I haven;t seen him in that situation yet during a game, but I can't wait. I guarentee a straight bull rush.

I will try to tone down my banter a bit. I haven't been as bad recently. Mostly self defense at this point.

Fair enough.

Harrison is a beast.

As a player I like Ward. The thing I dislike is his whining after losses.

Certainly even Pats fans must cheer for Pittsburgh against your hated jets this weekend.

I hate Bettis, Ward, and Porter with a passion, I know two of the three are not there any longer but they'll always be associated as being Steelers.
My guess is that Porter going to the dolphins didn't help much:)

How did I get dragged down on this? What's wrong with circling the game on my calendar in advance?

Fact of the matter is I can talk ball as good or better than the next guy, but when I show some spirit for my team and refuse to get on my knees for the Pats, I am greeted with nothing but mindless name calling.

I will not deny my hatred for the Pats. I don't like them. That doesn't make me less knowledgible about the sport or my team.
Hey dude, I personally have no problem with your opinions, the thing is though as I have learned from experience that you have to be careful how you come across on rival fan bases. I am not saying you cant state your opinion, but I guess what I am trying to say is that state your opinion and do so respectfully and generally you will be treated with at least some respect.:)

Certainly even Pats fans must cheer for Pittsburgh against your hated jets this weekend.

Normally we would but you see we're in a race for the top pick in the 2008 draft since we own SF's pick so some of us don't want the Jets to have a better record than SF. We'll take care of those Jets personally. In our own house.

Hines is fine and will play Sunday. I am guessing you are referring to the bar he owns. You obviously don't know the story. The dispute is between Hine's business partner who actually runs the day to day operation of the bar and that guy's wife. The partner is in a messy divorce and was hiding cash from his wife. Who could blame him? In any event, it doesn't involve Hines.
this is a thread from a guy who says he just wants to talk football :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

this is a thread from a guy who says he just wants to talk football :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Purple horseshoes have become something of a rarity these days and it's a shame. Back in ancient times, the purple horseshoe was viewed as a symbol of power and pride. Then came the cereal known as "Lucky Charms". This cereal was thought to be innoscent by people who consumed it. Then a scientist named Ivan Dipsi looked closer. he found that children in particular who consumed mass quantities of "Lucky Charms" were growing at faster rates than those who did not. It is further reported that the Nazi's experimented with a food similar to "Lucky Charms" for this very reason. They were creating a larger army in physical size. The recipe was stolen and now we have the cereal known as "lucky Charms".

Purple horseshoes have become something of a rarity these days and it's a shame. Back in ancient times, the purple horseshoe was viewed as a symbol of power and pride. Then came the cereal known as "Lucky Charms". This cereal was thought to be innoscent by people who consumed it. Then a scientist named Ivan Dipsi looked closer. he found that children in particular who consumed mass quantities of "Lucky Charms" were growing at faster rates than those who did not. It is further reported that the Nazi's experimented with a food similar to "Lucky Charms" for this very reason. They were creating a larger army in physical size. The recipe was stolen and now we have the cereal known as "lucky Charms".
I wasn't fooled I only ate the charms themselves. I'd dump the box into a large bowl pick out the charms and throw the rest back in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back