PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

December 9th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you already have your built in excuse.

It's too bad for you and all other Steeler fans that the Pats are just downright scary. You better hope your streaky Steelers show up that day. I know the Pats will bring their 'A' game, as they do EVERY week.

I, like you, am more concerned with January as its obvious we will both be in the tournament. That said, there is much more pressure on NE in December. No one gives us a chance in hell. Plus you may be playing for a chance at a perfect season at that time. I would be more nervous for December as a Pats fan than as a Steeler fan. We thrive as the underdog.

Steelers can be inconsistent, but when clicking are scary.
Nothing the Steelers have done this year is terribly "scary". They haven't played a single game against a team better than 5-4, and yet they already have 2 losses.

Nothing the Steelers have done this year is terribly "scary". They haven't played a single game against a team better than 5-4, and yet they already have 2 losses.

The Pats are alone at the top right now.

The Steelers reside in tier 2 along with the Colts and Dallas. The Colts proved they can lose to a so-so team in SD. I'm not worried about the Denver loss. We beat them statistically, and take away the fumble for a TD, we win. That kind of thing has no bearing on the future. The only game Pittsburgh truly lost was in ARZ to a coach that knew our team better than our coach.

Then I guess we're in agreement and the rest is just details. Pats can plan to play Pittsburgh on 12/9 and the winner of Pittsburgh @ Indy on 1/20/08.

Then I guess we're in agreement and the rest is just details. Pats can plan to play Pittsburgh on 12/9 and the winner of Pittsburgh @ Indy on 1/20/08.

One last thing and I do mean this in all sincerity. I will make this statement in as objective of a manner as possible.

The Steelers may not be as consistent as the Pats, but I would not want to play us in the playoffs.

It will be hard for Pittsburgh to put together 3-4 straight strong performances in the playoffs to win it all. We lack consistency at times. (not to say it can't be done) We put together 3 in a row in 2005 and Seattle just sucked so we won anyway by just being that much better. That said, I wouldn't want to play us under any circumstances, because if you catch us on a hot day... we might be the biggest threat you face. I believe the Steelers are capable of beating ANYONE on any given day. It's just comes down to it being the right day. December and january will be interesting. I can't wait.

That post just oozes objectivity; keep em coming cracky.

One last thing and I do mean this in all sincerity. I will make this statement in as objective of a manner as possible.

The Steelers may not be as consistent as the Pats, but I would not want to play us in the playoffs.
Every single team in the NFL would rather play the Steelers in the playoffs than the Patriots. And speaking as a Patriots fan, I'd rather play the Steelers than the Colts. Unlike the Steelers, the Colts have actually beaten us in the playoffs before during the Belichick/Brady era. The Steelers have rolled over twice for us - and both those games were in Pittsburgh... imagine how pathetic they will play in Gillette...

Last edited:
Every single team in the NFL would rather play the Steelers in the playoffs than the Patriots. And speaking as a Patriots fan, I'd rather play the Steelers than the Colts. Unlike the Steelers, the Colts have actually beaten us in the playoffs before during the Belichick/Brady era. The Steelers have rolled over twice for us - and both those games were in Pittsburgh... imagine how pathetic they will play in Gillette...

Fair enough. Time will tell.

You 100% on wanting the Steelers over the Colts? I'm not so sure that'd be the best opportunity for the Pats. I'm sure you're taking recent history into account (I think I can relate), but they're banged up and something else is different about them...haven't been able to put my finger on it yet....

You 100% on wanting the Steelers over the Colts? I'm not so sure that'd be the best opportunity for the Pats. I'm sure you're taking recent history into account (I think I can relate), but they're banged up and something else is different about them...haven't been able to put my finger on it yet....

Since Freeney has gone down I might not disagree with this. His loss is huge for the Colts in my opinion.

The only game Pittsburgh truly lost was in ARZ to a coach that knew our team better than our coach.

No offense to Tomlin, but BB probably knows your team better than your coach. :D

No offense to Tomlin, but BB probably knows your team better than your coach. :D

He's certainly proven that yes, but don't go gettin' all c_o_c_k_y (not sure why that was edited out originally). They still have to play the game Homie. ;)

Last edited:
Only a ****** Steelers fan ( honestly, do they have ANY fans who aren't ******ed) would start a thread about a game almost two months down the road, throwing in crap about cheating to boot.

You want to talk about cheating; over half of your ****ing team that won the Super Bowls in the 1970's was on the sauce, so back off with the cheating crap. Your team wrote the book on it.

Prepare to see your team get the beating of their life on that day, ten times worse than the AFCCG massacre from the 2004 season. You remember that one don't you, it was going to be a cakewalk for your stoolers to another Super Bowl title, Mr Joey "They will never ever, ever, ever, ever be on our level (WTF was that babbling rant all about)" Porter providing the ammo. Too bad that stiff isn't still on your team, oh well, he's in a much better place now..............
Please dont stereotype people based on which team they root for. I dont know this dude, but he seems to jus be trying to stir the pot, but hey I dont consider myself a ******, and if you do, then you obviously dont know me. Seriously, come over to SteelerAddicts, you will find guys and gals who could really care less about trash talking and that just want to talk ball. You might want to wait until the game between our teams comes around, cause most of them dont really like looking ahead on the schedule. We try to take it one game at a time, for the most part;)

Double S,
Fair enough, you and Warden are good guys and I appreciate your passion for your team. You are 1000% correct, Cracky is just here to be an annoying ballbreaker, not to talk football, just to stir the pot as you say.

He keeps insisting on tapping a rattlesnake with a stick for some odd reason, go figure.................

Double S,
Fair enough, you and Warden are good guys and I appreciate your passion for your team. You are 1000% correct, Cracky is just here to be an annoying ballbreaker, not to talk football, just to stir the pot as you say.

He keeps insisting on tapping a rattlesnake with a stick for some odd reason, go figure.................

"Don't sweat it G." (I actually get to say that and be serious. lol).

I used to think all you Patriots fans were ignorant #$%&^* myself until I came here. I guess it comes back to that 10% in every bunch and that's it.

Go Pat...r...

Nope. Still can't make myself say it. ;)

"Don't sweat it G." (I actually get to say that and be serious. lol).

I used to think all you Patriots fans were ignorant #$%&^* myself until I came here. I guess it comes back to that 10% in every bunch and that's it.

Go Pat...r...

Nope. Still can't make myself say it. ;)
lol let me give it a shot GOOOOOOOOOOOO PAAAAAAAAAA....ugh, nope me neither:D

How did I get dragged down on this? What's wrong with circling the game on my calendar in advance?

Fact of the matter is I can talk ball as good or better than the next guy, but when I show some spirit for my team and refuse to get on my knees for the Pats, I am greeted with nothing but mindless name calling.

I will not deny my hatred for the Pats. I don't like them. That doesn't make me less knowledgible about the sport or my team.

A lot of people don't like Boston fans but I have to say that these Pennsylvania fans are arrogant and annoying when it comes to sports anyways. Oh what was the scores of the AFC Championship games in 2001 and 2003? I forgot...;)

How did I get dragged down on this? What's wrong with circling the game on my calendar in advance?

Fact of the matter is I can talk ball as good or better than the next guy, but when I show some spirit for my team and refuse to get on my knees for the Pats, I am greeted with nothing but mindless name calling.

I will not deny my hatred for the Pats. I don't like them. That doesn't make me less knowledgible about the sport or my team.

On any team board you're going to find different levels of tolerance for dissent from that teams fans. Warden and SS show their team spirit where as you often cross the line and just show a mean spirit. They'll get acceptance from 98% of the members, you'll have more issues until you stick to honest debate and leave the garbage talk behind.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back