Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is not a dis thread.

I wanted to tell the tell of the before-time, because you have to tell them that's birthed after...

Sirrously, I'm old enough to vaguely remember some Italian names for the 60s, Parilli, Capoletti (sp?)

Then I remembers the 70s... there were stars. Jim Plunkett - he was going to lead us to the SB, then somehow we traded him. Sam "Bam" Cunningham. I remembers how I moved to Virginia, and they broked my heart, re-naming the team "New England" instead of "Boston..." For some reason, I thought they had to be Boston... but I adjusted...

Then I remembers the mid-70s, when we was supposed to be the next big thing every year, and damn well woulda been, if it wasn't for them cheatin' Raidahs... I remember Jack Hateum takin' out Darryl Stingley too... I remember Grogan's Heroes, and Randy Vataha and Russ Francis... All them years we shoulda woulda coulda won more playoff games and gone to the Super Bowl...

Then I remembers the 80s, and my "Berry the Bears" shirt and the "Squish the Fish" rally, that I was in Boston during (but didn't actually attend... boo hoo...) And then the crushing defeat in the Super Bowl...

Then in the 90s, it seemed we'd go on the regular, every ten years! And this time it was an actual game, if it wasn't for that damn Desmond Howard...

And then I remembers thinking in a bar in downtown DC in early 2002, we won't hold on, it won't be for real... and I remember them teein' up that Vinatieri kick... and I remember thinking, "Oh my God. The culmination of my fan life! All the suffering was worth it..."

Then the immediate thought: What if we're the next dynasty? Even the next mini-dynasty, like the Rams or the Broncos????

Then 2002 telled me we was back to Earth, then 03-04 made it real again - and we was a dynasty!

And in the 2010s we're back for more... we're another dynasty, but the same.

This one's not in the bag, and this post might be better after the Super Bowl than now, before it.

But we're the most blessed football fans on the planet, and that's my tell, countin' all the lean years from the beforetimes. I left out **** MacPherson's hugs and Al Groh's shovel and a coach making his New York plans before he won anything worth mentioning, and another coach resigning on a napkin and Robert Edwards on a beach in Hawaii, and a whole lot of other stuff.

So you millennial Patsfans, you has your own tell, starting in these glorious years. Some of you will leave when the beforetimes comes back again, because they'll come back again... but those of you that stays, remember these days and tell the tell when the glory comes back again.

You that keeps standin' with us, even if you just pass the torch by tellin' the tell until them that's birthed after see these times come again.

Then again, you might still be watching Brady til you're 50 :D

WIN DAT SILVER FOOTBALL,

irrationally exuberant,

PFnV

tumblr_moayomrhWd1qe1i48o1_500-1425090964.gif

Sorry Va., there isn't a millennial on the planet that would read past the second line of your post. And it has nothing to do with its content.
They are probably still trying to work through the pencil and paper he uses.

Too Long didn't read and don't want no TL;DR!

Instant gratification baby! I want it all! I want it NOW NOW NOW NOW!

Ok I read the last part. I will definitely tell about how corrupt the 32 were. And how we as fans had an opportunity to stop this corruption with our money(the only language they know) but choose not to. I will tell them how pathetic we are for not doing the right thing. We should all be ashamed of ourselves.

I liked the post. Some a little before my time. But the part about the bears. That sting grinds in my heart. There is not anything that can replace that for me. No matter how much we win... I still have a scare deep down there that bubbles and oozes. Winning more and more helps, but that one can never be forgiven.

Perfect cue to one of my all time favorite movies... the unforgiven.

Here is patriots spirit after all the beatings....

Coincidentally I got home from watching that movie just in time to catch this play. One of those game-switch deals IIRC...

Awesome. What is funny is I didn't get to watch those all in color back then. I was gifted a second hand tv with pong switch in back. Most of my football memories were in black and white. And I had rabbit ears with tinfoil balls on each end. Growing up poor in northern Maine had Some drawbacks. But I loved the old days. Anybody even remember wearing cordroys when it was cool? Haha

Love this thread!

I remember when they built Shaefer Stadium and thought we made the big time, still kind of miss that old dump.

Kind of miss it too. I was lucky enough to sit 5 rows back on those cold bleachers the first year we won a Superbowl. My cherrished and last game, as you all know, is the snow bowl game. Or tuck rule game for mellenials. Just remember being behind the all lanes snow plows going north after that game at about 35 mph and not a f care in the world. Best game of my life live.

"We don't need a Garoppolo,
We don't need a Jimmy GQ,
All we want is Tom beyond the Vikings' dome..."

Coincidentally I got home from watching that movie just in time to catch this play. One of those game-switch deals IIRC...

Man that Eason stat at the beginning of the clip... I dunno, it just seems emblematic of the different eras...

I could imagine 5 years ago all the fathers out there telling their young sons... “Brady is the best QB of all time, clutch as they come”

Teenage son: “Oh yeah dad you’re right, but is he really better then Rodgers and Newton?? He doesn’t seem to win the big game ”

Past 3 years..

Father: “ This is what I’ve been telling you about, now go clean your room”

Where's my free Starbucks card?

I could imagine 5 years ago all the fathers out there telling their young sons... “Brady is the best QB of all time, clutch as they come”

Teenage son: “Oh yeah dad you’re right, but is he really better then Rodgers and Newton?? He doesn’t seem to win the big game ”

Past 3 years..

It may not be his intention, but I love how the GOAT's career has become an ongoing "CHOKE ON IT" to the haters :cool:

Past 3 years..

Son: “you know I live at the university now.”

Dad: “May as well prep it for after graduation...”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill