PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deandre Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I feel like Carter will make more noise come training camp and preseason making it real hard to release him to waivers.

He was the star on his college team sometimes being the only viable weapon.

Can play the slot go deep has hands and speed is 5/9 but close to 190 and built like a Steve Smith a fiery competitor and mentioning Smith he took him under his wing in Baltimore and said the kid would be a star.

I have a feeling he will make a bid at the 53 ahead of Lucien and board favorite Harper.

If he clicks with Tom or Jimmy depending on a ruling and Jules or Danny A is on the mend.

Don't be shocked to see him on the active roster to start the season.

What say you?

Besides Jonathan Jones and Foster he is the guy i have heard the most about and appears promising. However idk if there will be room for him. I would certainly be open to the idea and think your 5th WR should be good at STs with high upside WR talent more than a below average finished product generally.

If he is that he will be worth keeping. There is always a way to keep a player if he is good and shows promise.

Last edited:
Wide receiver battle at TC is going to be very intense this year. I am honestly starting to think Amendola might not make this team.
Seriously? cut the most dependable wr on the team? yes, jules is handsdown the BEST,but danny is hands down the most dependable. by far the best drop rate of anyone, he was among the best in the nfl last year..hes Toms trust-no way hes going anywhere,since he restructured. But there is heavy competition at the #5 wr. dobson and martin probably have inside track right now-but neither is a lock. theres a chnce je11 or dola. could start on pup, paving way for a guy like carter, who i like. But Toms got some weapons this year,especially with bennett. if lewis is even close to what he was-between him,jules,gronk and bennet-whatever other wr is on the filed is going to be wiiiiide open.

Harper isn't quite a board favorite anymore ever since he lost us the 1 seed/Super Bowl repeat.

Good thread. I agree that Carter is an exciting player to watch this summer and a dark horse to make the roster.

I am honestly starting to think Amendola might not make this team.

The time to cut DA was over the spring. Now that they have his salary structure under control, JE still rehabbing the foot and the new blood at WR which is unproven in this system I would be shocked that they parted ways with him.

They need him.

Wide receiver battle at TC is going to be very intense this year. I am honestly starting to think Amendola might not make this team.
I have to disagree. After his latest restructure I would be very surprised if he gets cut unless it's injury related of course. The team knows exactly what it's getting with him and he just signed a very reasonable deal so cutting him now would be a real head scratcher.

I have to disagree. After his latest restructure I would be very surprised if he gets cut unless it's injury related of course. The team knows exactly what it's getting with him and he just signed a very reasonable deal so cutting him now would be a real head scratcher.
Ya I agree with you, I just look at all the young talent that will be battling for the 5 spot and Belichick likes to keep the team young, its just hard to imagine all these guys getting cut or making their way to the practice squad. Also someone like nate washington, is he just a guaranteed cut?

How about this
Jules pup
Danny A
Hogan
Martin
Dobson
Carter
Lucien practice squad
Chris Harper practice squad or cut

Good thread. I agree that Carter is an exciting player to watch this summer and a dark horse to make the roster.
IMO, Carter is a dark horse to make the Practice Squad.

This happens a lot.

You forgot Mitchell.

How about this
Jules pup
Danny A
Hogan
Martin
Dobson
Carter
Lucien practice squad

How about this
Jules pup
Danny A
Hogan
Martin
Dobson
Carter
Lucien practice squad

i don't think that Edelman will be on the PUP list. He can be on the 53 until he is ready to play. After all, are fine with 3 or 4 WR's active, with our WR's and RB's as additional receiving threats.

There is always a way to keep a player if he is good and shows promise.

This is true.

This likely will apply to Lucien, Washington or even Dobson before Carter.

How about this
Jules pup
Danny A
Hogan
Martin
Dobson
Carter
Lucien practice squad
Yes, what you've outlined above seems plausible.

If one assume Jules on PUP and Dobson finally getting what's coming to him then there's no log jam whatsoever.

My mistake curious to see if the drops in mini camp was a combo of nerves and overthinking it

Yea a little concerned on the drops but he'll be ok. He just seems like one of those solid kids who will bust his ass and focus.

I just don't know about JE. He could be fine by TC or he could be still dealing with something. Eitherway, I have no issue with the team taking a very cautious approach with him- especially if Lewis, Gronk, Hogan, DA, Bennett and other WRs are looking good.

What about the kid that switched from baseball to football curious how he looks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes