PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deadspin - Pats fans are still the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, some nobody fan from another team writes something bad about the Pats. I see every day over at JI and GG. :sleeping:

Did you read it genius? :bricks:

Drew Magary is one of my favorite reads, even though he's a known Boston hater. He's a Vikings fan who also happens to write for a pro-Jets site called Kissing Suzy Kolber (for anyone who remembers Fire Joe Morgan, it's of a similar vain.)

I did, and I agree with Silver. Vulgar, immature nonsense. Why post that here?

Poor dear, it was a funny article. Dont be such a sensitive soul.:rolleyes:

Poor dear, it was a funny article. Dont be such a sensitive soul.:rolleyes:

haha yep i laughed too. A couple of times actually. I can see how some of us come across as spoiled brats to other fanbases. But so what?

Just laugh it off. :singing:

Fair enough. I'm an arsehole and I support the Patriots. Deadspin confirming what I already knew.

More truth there than I expected. I understand how we may appear that way at times.

That describes a very vocal minority of our fan base (20%?) pretty much to a tee.

You know them.

They rushed here to start threads Sunday night, disgusted by our win, and asserting that the world must be ending, Belichick must be insane, and Brady must be all washed up if we can't beat the Jets by at least 30.

Drew Magary is one of my favorite reads, even though he's a known Boston hater. He's a Vikings fan who also happens to write for a pro-Jets site called Kissing Suzy Kolber (for anyone who remembers Fire Joe Morgan, it's of a similar vain.)

How in the hell is KSK pro-Jets?? Are you insane???

And that article is actually pretty flattering to the Patriots if you think about it. Those who are offended by it probably have showcased a behavior similar to that depicted in the piece.

Every fanbase has its share of bungholes. All of them. Trust me, I've met plenty of fellow transplants who annoy the crap out of me while watching the Pats at the bar. Just as I've been around insufferable fans of every other team.

You know which obnoxious fans are the worst? The *sore winner* kind. These pompous a-holes stand out like a sore thumb. With the success the Pats have had, the Pats fan version of these are impossible to miss. As were the Steelers fans a few years back. Ditto NY fans.

If/when the Pats slide back into mediocrity (everything is cyclical...it will happen), these fans will go back to being the standard-issue pricks that won't get much more attention than the rest of the d-bags that infiltrate sports fandom.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. The article/rant was humorous, accuracy aside.

I like how he wants the Pats to lose a million billion games in the next decade. Well that's sort of impossible. At most, not counting preseason and a new CBA extending the season, the Pats can only lose 160 games. Just a little shy of a million billion. I guess he'll just have to live with disappointment.

Badge of courage, folks, wear it with pride.

Every fan base thinks they know the game better than every other fan base. They're wrong, we're right.

I also think that the behavior of Raiders, Jets and Eagles fans is much worse than anything I've ever seen at Gillette.

The behavior at the old Schaefer Stadium was pretty bad, though, especially when it was really cold and the only way to get through the game in that wind tunnel was to get good and "lubed up" as Tom Brady would say.

Last edited:
WAHHHHHHHHH ******* WAHHHHHHHHH. Your Hall of Fame QB, who is still markedly better than just about every other NFL quarterback, sometimes make mistakes now! OH THE ******* HORROR. Meanwhile, people in Cleveland have to watch Brandon Weeden from their bonfire shanties.

This part should be posted in the gameday thread after every stalled patriots drive.....Just to keep things in perspective.

When I read it, I hear Sam Kinison's voice. He was a funny Bastard. :D

When I read it, I hear Sam Kinison's voice. He was a funny Bastard. :D

Now this is a post I can get behind! Early Kinison was one of the funniest guys to ever walk the face of the earth.

WAHHHHHHHHH ******* WAHHHHHHHHH. Your Hall of Fame QB, who is still markedly better than just about every other NFL quarterback, sometimes make mistakes now! OH THE ******* HORROR. Meanwhile, people in Cleveland have to watch Brandon Weeden from their bonfire shanties.

:rofl::rofl:

How in the hell is KSK pro-Jets?? Are you insane???

And that article is actually pretty flattering to the Patriots if you think about it. Those who are offended by it probably have showcased a behavior similar to that depicted in the piece.

LOL, I thought Christmas Ape was a Jets fan, and doesn't he pretty much run the site? Or am I completely uninformed? For full disclosure I rarely visit KSK but I'm familiar with it through Magary and other people referencing it.

Deadspin = Gawker = garbage

Edit: actually, I clicked through and found myself kinda enjoying the read. That Simmons article/mailbag was pretty insufferable, and I can't stand a large portion of our fan base for the same reasons that he pointed out.

If it seems like the majority of Pats fans have no idea how to handle losing a few games, it's because they don't. They've only been around since 12-14 wins per season and a run at the Super Bowl became the norm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes