PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deadspin on GRONK tying Stanley Morgan's record

Status
Not open for further replies.
the pc police are coming after gronk!!

i expect stephen a and max to have a segment on gronks childish behavior. they'll probably bring up the race card!!

Wasn't he referring to the one they called a rushing to?

I vaguely remember the rushing one....was it just a lateral pass?

I vaguely remember the rushing one....was it just a lateral pass?
Yeah. It was just the tiniest bit backwards.

Yeah. It was just the tiniest bit backwards.

Ruled a passing TD on the field and reversed 10 minutes later or somesuch. It was supposed to be the record-setting TD, so he wound up getting the receiving TD the next drive I think.

Wasn't he referring to the one they called a rushing to?

No. They both have 67 receiving TDs. They each have one non-receiving TD (GRONK rushing, Morgan on PR).

Ruled a passing TD on the field and reversed 10 minutes later or somesuch. It was supposed to be the record-setting TD, so he wound up getting the receiving TD the next drive I think.

The next week, against the Redskins.

The article is actually pretending not to understand the implications of 69 as a sex position and is instead pretending to make fun of Gronk for being able to count. It's a stupid joke. That author calls himself a Patriots fan but he rips on them all the time and calls them cheaters. He's super fake. And I like Deadspin a lot FWIW.

The article is actually pretending not to understand the implications of 69 as a sex position and is instead pretending to make fun of Gronk for being able to count. It's a stupid joke. That author calls himself a Patriots fan but he rips on them all the time and calls them cheaters. He's super fake. And I like Deadspin a lot FWIW.
Lighten up dude; does it really matter?

Samer Kalef, right? He's a phony in terms of being a Patriots fan. It's interesting that Deadspin has done some of the best reporting on the NFL bungling the Brown and Rice investigations, they refuse to look at the league's PSI investigation and wonder if they screwed that up to. You'd think a Pats fan on staff would try to explore that angle.

While I was initially ticked off by that call in a "just give it to him" sense, I don't have problem with it. It was a lateral or backwards pass, so it went as a rushing attempt. Those are the rules, they were applied correctly, so that's fine.

What does bother me is that a few years later, when Manning was setting the TD record, he threw a backwards pass to Decker for a TD and it counted towards the record. Same situation, same rules, different players, different result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back