PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deaderick suspension lifted

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dynasty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Per Reiss twitter

Rookie DL Brandon Deaderick's suspension has been lifted by the Patriots, according to a league source. He's back in the mix.

Last edited:
That's really awesome for the DL's depth.
Hopefully he can come in and keep everybody fresh

Mmm interesting. So does anyone know why he was suspended in the first place?? I know that Pats info is almost NSA top secret. But somebody must know the facts of the situation.

Word is he cleaned the shower and bathroom floor with a toothbrush. :eek:

That means on Monday when Spike's roster exemption expires we spin the roster roulette wheel once again.....

This is good news! We need him for 12-20 snaps to keep the rotation productive.

Mmm interesting. So does anyone know why he was suspended in the first place?? I know that Pats info is almost NSA top secret. But somebody must know the facts of the situation.

Kind of interesting that his suspension gets lifted on the same day Wright officially goes to IR

When Wright went on IR this move immediately came to mind.

Are the Pats in need of dropping somebody or are they even now? Does Deaderick take Wright's place to total 53? For some reason I thought there was a move earlier to make room for Spikes even with the addition of Murrell, but I could be wrong.

The Wright move to IR forced the team's hand on this issue. Otherwise, if Wright came back along with Pryor, I have to think that Deaderick's suspension would have been upheld.

i dont think wright's move to IR had anything to do with this move. you cannot show your workers you are desperate. if their was a major violation deaderick would not be back...in my opinion

Looking for roster room? I have a RB by the name Clayton. Helllllllooooooooooooo

Welcome back Brandon...Now keep your nose clean :rolleyes:

Softens the Wright loss a bit....hope Mike's injury isn't a career ender....ala Ted Johnson..

I didn't read this one right, I thought we'd be revisiting Deaderick next season. Good news, though, even in a very limited role.

The Wright move to IR forced the team's hand on this issue. Otherwise, if Wright came back along with Pryor, I have to think that Deaderick's suspension would have been upheld.

Or maybe it was a wake up call to the kid. We don't know we can only speculate. This move certainly helps depth, although not a difference maker Deadrick has experience in the 3-4, can hold the point and contain.

Without knowing specifics re: the severity of Deaderick's infraction(s), we can only speculate, but unless he slept with BB's mother I doubt BB would hurt the team by keeping him suspended through the playoffs.

Plus, even if Wright were healthy, both he and Pryor are doodoo against the run, so I think they'd want another big body in the mix regardless.

When Wright went on IR this move immediately came to mind.

Are the Pats in need of dropping somebody or are they even now? Does Deaderick take Wright's place to total 53? For some reason I thought there was a move earlier to make room for Spikes even with the addition of Murrell, but I could be wrong.

It would appear they are 1 over the limit because Spikes gets a 1 week exemption. So on Monday they'll have to drop 1.

Plus, even if Wright were healthy, both he and Pryor are doodoo against the run, so I think they'd want another big body in the mix regardless.

I don't think Wright was as bad against the run as is the conventional wisdom. His pass rush ability is clearly the strong suit of his game, but he is not terrible against the run IMO.

One of Cohen and Ellison seems most likely to go, especially if Pryor is able to practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST