PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DE Mark Anderson released by Bills

I would like to see Anderson back to compete for a spot. He'd have to accept a pretty small contract, probably vet minimum with some sack incentives or something like that, but he knows that the Pats would put him into a position to succeed if he's healthy and able to do so.

And then he can go and get some crazy amount like $8M per from someone else again :p

Ugh, what a brick by the Bills. Sadly, all too familiar.

I'd take him on the cheap, but that will likely signal the end of Cunningham's time here, maybe also Bequette.

And that's a bad thing why? I say if Anderson will come on the cheap, then sign him up and inject more competition for the position in camp. May the best man win the job and the roster spot.

Mark Anderson released by Buffalo Bills after one year - NFL.com

Anderson passed his physical in Buffalo prior to his release. The Patriots should bring him in and see how he does. He knows the system, is a good citizen, and would make a good pass rusher opposite Chandler Jones. I like Anderson over Justin Francis or Jermaine Cunningham.

A four-man front of Anderson/Ninkovich - Kelly - Wilfork - Jones would be excellent in long yardage situations. Major pressure up the middle with talented pass rushers on the edge.

His $4 million cap number in Buffalo was too much for a 30-year-old coming off a knee injury. If he'd play for a cap-friendly salary, he'd be great.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back