PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 7 Patriots Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

I gotta think Pennel is doing a good job. They all are...

Trollin'
2c2ca3838ec9af797fd531f9cb6bc841.png

Last edited:
Gee it looks like Harry will make the team after all.

True...however Jones has played some safety in the playoffs / superbowl

Jones would seem to me to be too small to be a long term candidate as a safety convert. At Auburn, Jones had a very successful career as a CB (much more acclaimed than Cyrus Jones who we drafted in the second round). Plus, Jones was an outstanding athlete, one of the top high school hurdlers in the nation. His 40 time was blazing fast, 4.33 sec. So: an excellent CB prospect, no? However, he was undrafted. Why? :confused:

It was because he was judged to simply be too small, his combine measurements were 5'9" and 186 lbs, and he tended to get bowled over a lot in college. To his credit, he has vastly improved his tackling with NE, he seems like he has toughened himself up, and he has turned into a fine NFL CB, kind of a nice story.

However, one would think that one of the Patriot CBs that is a bit bigger would be a better candidate for conversion to safety. If he can make the team, someone like Dawson at 5'10" 198lbs would seem like a better candidate for safety.

I hate to say it but with the secondary being so dominant trading Harmon and or Jones would make sense.
Can't keep them and pay them all.
Just don’t see the return for those guys being more valuable than the production they offer now. If they sign for big $, a third comes back : don’t see anyone offering more than that at this point.

Keep em. Win.

I think there’s a distinct possibility that Gordon had a setback sometime between the spring and now and that’s why he’s not been reinstated.

Jones would seem to me to be too small to be a long term candidate as a safety convert. At Auburn, Jones had a very successful career as a CB (much more acclaimed than Cyrus Jones who we drafted in the second round). Plus, Jones was an outstanding athlete, one of the top high school hurdlers in the nation. His 40 time was blazing fast, 4.33 sec. So: an excellent CB prospect, no? However, he was undrafted. Why? :confused:

It was because he was judged to simply be too small, his combine measurements were 5'9" and 186 lbs, and he tended to get bowled over a lot in college. To his credit, he has vastly improved his tackling with NE, he seems like he has toughened himself up, and he has turned into a fine NFL CB, kind of a nice story.

However, one would think that one of the Patriot CBs that is a bit bigger would be a better candidate for conversion to safety. If he can make the team, someone like Dawson at 5'10" 198lbs would seem like a better candidate for safety.

I agree....I think JJONES would be a much better FS than SS. Depending on what NFL.COM site you look at ..both Devin and Jon are 5'10"....OBI SS

Last edited:
Jonathan Jones has played as the CB2 in camp so far.

Just don’t see the return for those guys being more valuable than the production they offer now. If they sign for big $, a third comes back : don’t see anyone offering more than that at this point.

Keep em. Win.
And lose young talent though?
That's the trade off.
That's why roster building to me is the most fun part of football.
With the cap so much goes into making the best product on the field.

It looks like this Meyers kid might be sticking

We can all see it is unclear what will happen to Josh Gordon.

Even if the league is not acting punitively toward him, he just may
not be able to handle life in the NFL. :(

50% chance he's coming back. :D

A poster spotted someone playing protector in practice yesterday. I commented with a "uh ok, thats Nate's job" but for the life of me I can't remember the player. Dawson? Obi?
I remember that post too...don't think it was Obi, who would make more sense there because of his size...still hoping that John Simon is given some reps as PP, as he would seem a natural ...unless Bill has plans for him to take more snaps with the regular defense?

And lose young talent though?
That's the trade off.
That's why roster building to me is the most fun part of football.
With the cap so much goes into making the best product on the field.
Yes. Lose some of the young talent. NE has continued to make and win SBs despite a few of the guys they cut becoming players in the league.

I remember that post too...don't think it was Obi, who would make more sense there because of his size...still hoping that John Simon is given some reps as PP, as he would seem a natural ...unless Bill has plans for him to take more snaps with the regular defense?
I think Simon is going to have a key role in the 3-4 4-3 rotation.

What is the NFL Waiting on?
You can tell BB is annoyed about.
Annoyed about what... Guys been in the league 7 yrs and played about 3 yrs worth of games... I'd say a little entitled anyone's perspective he should be reinstated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back