PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 7 Patriots Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it but with the secondary being so dominant trading Harmon and or Jones would make sense.
Can't keep them and pay them all.
They don't have a replacement for Harmon.

Who?

Last edited:
Reactions: ALP
They don't have a replacement for Harmon.

They really should think of converting one of the CBs as a Harmon understudy. His role isn’t that complex where it could work (deep third safety).

True...however Jones has played some safety in the playoffs / superbowl
He clearly has the speed to cover the ground and is an upgrade in man coverage. Is he a better free safety in zone coverage? As of right now, no. Harmon is a bigger player as well.

Just a guess but I wonder if the NFL is planning on punishing him longer than the year suspension he got last time.

Another guess but one has to wonder if he had another setback.

I probably shouldn't guess on why but I'm starting to guess he isn't going to help this year.
I'm not familiar with goodys rules concerning suspensions but maybe the suspension runs for one calendar year, if thats the case he won't be able to be re-instated until nov or dec.

We can all see it is unclear what will happen to Josh Gordon.

Even if the league is not acting punitively toward him, he just may
not be able to handle life in the NFL. :(

dd3685661cbab12ba466bb2e081e67b6.png

Thumbs down. Don't want to see Gilmore there...

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with goodys rules concerning suspensions but maybe the suspension runs for one calendar year, if thats the case he won't be able to be re-instated until nov or dec.
The issue is that Goodell isn’t familiar with his rules concerning suspensions either.

The sad truth is if Nate Ebner is cut, Pats save $2.1m
I think someone mentioned this earlier, but to really monitor this we need to see if anyone else is playing personal protector on the punt teams. Unfortunately this type of thing is beyond what most reporters think is important.

I think someone mentioned this earlier, but to really monitor this we need to see if anyone else is playing personal protector on the punt teams. Unfortunately this type of thing is beyond what most reporters think is important.
A poster spotted someone playing protector in practice yesterday. I commented with a "uh ok, thats Nate's job" but for the life of me I can't remember the player. Dawson? Obi?

6e59176f8b6f95f1574d84efbf285b3b.png

Last edited:
dd3685661cbab12ba466bb2e081e67b6.png

Thumbs down. Don't want to see Gilmore there...

Some very information-rich tweets there. I like that we're just throwing our fastest guys out as KRs. As long as one of them isn't as bad at it as Slater we'll be okay. Just don't want another Blount-sized KR.

Didn't I read that someone not Nate Ebner was practicing punt protector on ST? I think Ebner might not make the team this year with only $600K dead money, provided another player capable of playing punt protector is on the team.

As of right now, I predict:
  • CB: Stephone Gilmore, JC Jackson, Jason McCourty, Joejuan Williams, Duke Dawson
  • SS: Patrick Chung
  • FS: Devin McCourty, Duron Harmon, Terrence Brooks
It really should be Jonathan Jones here but with Dawson's dead cap and presumably a complete lack of interest, only Jones could be traded. Depending on how the rest of the roster shapes up, D'Angelo Ross might have a shot to make the team as well, but does he play special teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back