PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 2 wishlist

AD/Ladd at 34

Trade up to get Kingsley or stay at 68 and hope Kiran Amegadjie falls to them there.

No 2nd round WR.... Recall memories of Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Aaron Dobson, honorable mention to N'Keal who was basically a 2nd rounder.
How about a CB?
Max Melton out of Rutgers?

OT is holding this team hostage. Need a legit LT. At 34 there are a couple of choices. But one screams out…

Patrick Paul!

Im firmly aboard the Patrick Paul bandwagon at 34.

Wouldn’t mind trading up from the 3rd round to get a WR. There should still be some good choices available there.

I don't think there are any worthwhile tackles at 34 either. Your best hope is to take a day 3 flyer on one at this point. Whether anyone will call out Wolf for not trading back into the first after the huge run on OT was becoming obvious or not, we'll find out in the days and weeks to come.
Paul and Suamataia are both worth it at 34

AD Mitchell has the highest upside but scares the hell out of me. His profile has a high bust risk. Love McConkey but not sure he's the X we really need. Aiyuk seems the best answer if we can get him for 34 and someone else. Not really interested in Deebo unless its for a 3rd rounder - is older, injury prone and not really the X we need. I don't mind trading down 20-30 spots and targeting Troy Franklin or Jalynn Polk.

In summary - first choice is Aiyuk, second is Mitchell with a bit of trepidation, third is trading down and acquiring some more picks.

Trade pick for Aiyuk. If not possible
I want BPA
Ladd McConkey(I don't like Mitchell)
Cooper DeJean
JPJ

I think they will trade down a bit
If they trade down the some of the OT come into play

No 2nd round WR.... Recall memories of Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Aaron Dobson, honorable mention to N'Keal who was basically a 2nd rounder.
How about a CB?
Interesting because you want another Ras IR Dowling, Joejuan Williams, or Terrance Wheatley at CB?

Worth noting Suamataia is 121st overall on Jeremiah’s big board.

Two first round WR talents may be available. Mitchell is a swing for the fences pick with WR1 upside & may be the pats best X WR since Cooks. McConkey is a great separator and can be a high end WR2 in the NFL.

The best available players are WRs. The pats biggest need is WR & based on Wolf’s comments I would expect one at 34.

Yes, WR is our top need.
Will WR be our top need when we sign or trade for a top WR?
top receiver, Osborne, Douglas, Bourne

Will a new WR even be active? Or, who will he replace in the rotation?
===========
I'm, OK with a WR, but it isn't our top need. If get a WR at 34, discussions for a top WR will probably stop, and should. We can certainly wait until next off-season.

Trade down for more mid picks.

Draft Tez Walker

I'd rather go with KINGSLEY SUAMATAIA!!
Yes, the question is whether either he or Pual is rated much above the rest. I do like Suamataia.

trade next years 2nd and 4th for Aiyuk, or a 4th this year for Deebo. BPA at 34 other than WR, Patrick Paul, Kool-AId, DeJean or Newton. In third take an OT or BPA if go OT at 34.

How about a CB?
Heehee. Because Ras I and Butler turned out to be all pros ?

I think you trust your scouting, regardless of the past, and take a talented player that can help you grow and win. There should be first round talent available at 34.

trade down and see if you can get Saumataia AND Beebe. that takes care of your OLine. Plenty of WR in this draft later and since this is a multi year rebuild, look for a training camp cut this year or next years draft for WR

OT, WR.

Cooper DeJean is the best player. Ok with Mitchell or Coleman. We have Pop and Osborn as slot receivers. Not lovin McConkey for us. The Newton kid from Illinois is a he kuva DT. But, we’re good there.
Sumataia if we LT at 34.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back