PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 1 is in the books/ Who you got for Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henroc

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
So i feel like we had a successful Round 1 in this years draft. We're left with only a pair of picks in the 2nd round so what are your thoughts? Who do you think we get? Do we trade down to get more picks? Do we trade a player to get more picks?
Many scenarios could occur so how do you see things playing out?

HAVE FUN!:singing:

Go Pats!

I can't name names but I would think a DB and either C/OG.
BB would like to trade one back for a extra pick next year I'm sure.

We are not the Browns or Vikings so we won't have lots of open spots for rookies.
There's always the undrafted players as well for a look see.

I like Jeff Allen for the OL, he can play G and T on either side, a great swing backup for now who could start at Guard in 2013 post Waters or Tackle if Vollmer is gone.

I would like one good secondary cover guy, there's a bunch of CB. And a coverage LB would be nice although we only have two picks as of now.

Definitely see a DB in our future, then assuming we trade out into next years draft while picking up a late round pick to be used as Dante sees fit. I just don't see where we get the room for another wr without dumping Wes (excluding Slater v2.0)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Definitely see a DB in our future, then assuming we trade out into next years draft while picking up a late round pick to be used as Dante sees fit. I just don't see where we get the room for another wr without dumping Wes

I don't see Stallworth or Gonzalez as givens to make this team. I could easily see a round 2/3 rookie beating either/both of them out. Heck even an UDFA has at least a puncher's chance of doing it.

I'd be tempted to roll the dice on Janoris Jenkins

I think he'll fall to 48. Not much of a risk there. Could play right away if McCourty is moved to FS. Would like a DL at 62. Derek Wolfe maybe.

Wow, I assumed they gave a 2nd to move to #21 and never realized they still had both a few minutes ago. They can still get extra picks by moving one back and get a really really good prospect in the 2nd, although I would be fine with moving both to go up or taking both. Lavonte David, Courtney Upshaw, Brandon Thompson, Cordy Glenn, Jerel Worthy, Vinny Curry, and Trumaine Johnson are all still on the board and one or more will be there when they pick at #48.

If they can finish it out with a DL (Thompson, Reyes, Worthy) add Curry or David, or a DB like Iloka or johnson and it's a sweep, we can't ask for anything more or better imo.

I like Ronnell Lewis, Vinny Curry, Alameda Ta'amu and possibly Janoris Jenkins. I see us using one second and trading the other hopefully for a third, fourth, and seventh. Possibly if we could move Hoyer as well I'd be pretty happy.

If we end up only having two picks tomorrow I want Iloka or a big CB to convert to FS, and WR Ryan Broyles.

I sure would like another pick to take an OC though. Konz falling to the third where we find a way to get him would be epically cool.

Last edited:
Would 2 of 3 out of DL/CB/WR.

idk how but I would like devon still and even jenkins if taken at the right time to become patriots by days end tomorrow...

If we end up only having two picks tomorrow I want a big CB to convert to FS, and WR Ryan Broyles.

I sure would like another pick to take an OC though.

I though OC a while back but re-signing Koppen and Connolly put it way back on the needs list, it can be addressed in the next offseason. I like broyles but could see randle as the better choice if he continues to fall. Ultimately i still want L. David if he falls to 48, but would settle for Thompson, Reyes, Upshaw, Worthy, Randle or Curry, all of whom could contribute this year.

Mike Loyko of NEPD says he's been told that Jenkins is off our board altogether.

If we end up only having two picks tomorrow I want Iloka or a big CB to convert to FS, and WR Ryan Broyles.

I sure would like another pick to take an OC though. Konz falling to the third where we find a way to get him would be epically cool.

Iloka becomes interesting. Would add a lot of size to our defense after todays picks.

Ta'amu, Jenkins or Trumaine Johnson.

Would be thrilled with one of those.

Iloka becomes interesting. Would add a lot of size to our defense after todays picks.

Especially when you consider the length of the back 7 altogether, Spikes, Hightower, Jones, I-Dowling, and to some degree McCourty are lanky players with long arms who can disrupt passing lanes. If they keep McCourty at CB and add Iloka or Trumaine Johnson they can have a pass defense that makes life really tough for opposing QB's.

Honestly we could trade both picks into 2013 and I'd be fine with it right now.

Trumaine Johnson, Kendall Reyes, Joe Adams, TY Hilton
would love any 2 of those

Secondary please.

I am hoping for Trumaine Johnson or Casey Hayward. Or maybe a big defensive lineman like Devon Still or Kendall Reyes.

Jared Crick my binkie since day 1 and draft Zach Brown and move him to saftey :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back