Matt Cassel = no playoffs.

Kevin OConnell = playoffs but no SB.

Daunte Culpepper = SB Championship.

Briz = clueless

z186_01.jpg

You left out Chad Jackson = SB championship......you need his credentials to understand his post

please will you guys get off Chad Jackson, everyone was pretty shocked when he was cut and alot of people wanted big things out of him. I still think he is going to sign somewhere else and be good, and we will regret letting him go. If it doesnt happen then i will glady admit i was a complete fool and totally missed on Jackson, but geez can we at least see him play a couple of seasons in the NFL first?

Seems like a series of logical and fact-based assumptions. After all, you guys all saw how the still-effective Culpepper revitalized the moribund Oakland and Miami franchises.

Seems like a series of logical and fact-based assumptions. After all, you guys all saw how the still-effective Culpepper revitalized the moribund Oakland and Miami franchises.

Oakland and Miami have no WRs or offensive lines, you actually think Culpepper would play the way he did here than he did in those places? Look how Randy Moss played in Oakland...and look what he did when he came to the Pats.

Last edited:
Terry Bradshaw, 4 Superbowls. Let's get him!

please will you guys get off Chad Jackson, everyone was pretty shocked when he was cut and alot of people wanted big things out of him. I still think he is going to sign somewhere else and be good, and we will regret letting him go. If it doesnt happen then i will glady admit i was a complete fool and totally missed on Jackson, but geez can we at least see him play a couple of seasons in the NFL first?

:rofl:

For the record, this thread is borderline mindless troll spamming...

I hear his phone is ringing off the hooks.

Oakland and Miami have no WRs or offensive lines, you actually think Culpepper would play the way he did here than he did in those places? Look how Randy Moss played in Oakland...and look what he did when he came to the Pats.

And how was Culpepper's last season in Minnesota? Seriously, this thread is ridiculous. Culpepper has exactly the same number of Super Bowl victories as Cassel.

Last edited:

No, I certainly agree he'd be coming into a better situation. But for those non-conspiracy theorists among us, I'm forced to assume that there are good football reasons that Culpepper is unemployed in a league in which Kyle Orton and JT O'Sullivan have starting jobs.

I'm just not convinced that a guy no one wanted to sign all summer is somehow going to guarantee us a SB championship, as you state rather matter-of-factly in your original post.

And how was Culpepper's last season in Minnesota?

sorta like Dillons last season in Cincy, everyone upset because they arent winning.

sorta like Dillons last season in Cincy, everyone upset because they arent winning.

3 different teams, not just 1.

You'll get flamed, but I'm on board with getting in C-Pep now so he is ready if need be at the end of the season. We have an amazing O-Line, except against teams like the Giants. Part of it was Brady being able to step out of the way at just the right time like he had eyes on the sides of his head, but part of it was the line just being skilled. C-Pep's problem was that he didn't have a great line, and he wasn't recovered from his knee injuries (speaking of Tom Brady ::gulp::). He's far enough away from those surgeries now, and he still has a very strong arm. And, he knows about throwing to Randy Moss-- who is our franchise player now.

I'm not giving up on Cassel at all, but we should prepare for the worst and have a great backup plan ready to plug in if he flops. Bring in C-Pep and have him start learning the playbook and studying our practices. What could it hurt? You know he'd say yes to coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down