PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of any other NYFLer that I disliked as much as Mevis, even when he was here. I just can't respect a person who signs a deal for a boatload of money up front and then whines about being underpaid after he deposits the cash.

Last edited:
His thoughts on Revis were that there were only 3 CBs better than him and two of those were Steelers (go figure). He had Blount as the best CB ever, followed by Woodson and Sanders. Revis was 4th overall on his list, which surprised me a lot. I always assumed that he was a top 15-20 CB of all time, but never considered him to be a top 4-5.

I'll take Mike Haynes over any of those guys.

And he will always be known as a Super Bowl Champion with the Patriots. Sorry Jetes.................

It has truly been an honor to showcase one of my greatest gifts to the world......

One? Really only one? Yes, OK he was a very good NFL cornerback. Thank You Darrelle for enriching my fan experience in the sport. Please share with us mere mortals all your other gifts to humanity besides your obvious heartfelt display of humility.

Maybe he could go the Jerry Rice route and load up on stickum.

Could Revis in his absolute prime shutdown Rice?

It may have only been a few years, but in his prime, I think he could have.

Could Revis in his absolute prime shutdown Rice?

It may have only been a few years, but in his prime, I think he could have.

Mevis had one move that was very effective. He'd give the WR a stiff arm to his shoulder that would almost stop him in his tracks. If he used it on Rice Mevis' hand would probably get stuck on the stickum.

I can see why some dislike him but it doesn't bother me. I'm about the player/worker, when it comes to getting paid.

As a player, at his peak he was 2nd to none. I can't think of 2-3 defenders I'd rather have at CB. He could have played in any era & still would have been the best.

Mevis had one move that was very effective. He'd give the WR a stiff arm to his shoulder that would almost stop him in his tracks. If he used it on Rice Mevis' hand would probably get stuck on the stickum.

I hope you don't really believe this. He could do it all from the line to catch point & everything in between.

His opening line is the statement of a narcissist: it's very odd to open with essentially "it's been an honor to bring my awesomeness to the NFL and you." Typically, when people retire, their first line (and their sentiment) is that "it has been an honor to play in the NFL and for the fans," because of the notion that the Game is bigger than the individuals.... but not Mevis.

His opening line is the statement of a narcissist: it's very odd to open with essentially "it's been an honor to bring my awesomeness to the NFL and you." Typically, when people retire, their first line (and their sentiment) is that "it has been an honor to play in the NFL and for the fans," because of the notion that the Game is bigger than the individuals.... but not Mevis.

Excellent point. Very Lebron. :rolleyes:

Can’t say I’m gonna miss the guy. Hated him a as a Jet, loved Moss torching him in triple coverage 07. Loved Moss torching him again after the slouch comment. Appreciate his 12 good games in a Pat’s uniform. His superbowl was probably one to forget. Can’t forget his greed, just a real mevis type of guy, however, I’m glad he did it to the Jets. A pretty pathetic move to a certainly pathetic franchise.

I can see why some dislike him but it doesn't bother me. I'm about the player/worker, when it comes to getting paid.

As a player, at his peak he was 2nd to none. I can't think of 2-3 defenders I'd rather have at CB. He could have played in any era & still would have been the best.

I hope you don't really believe this. He could do it all from the line to catch point & everything in between.

I didn't mean to imply that it was his only move.

As for pay, he got it all up front and then whined about being underpaid in the low year. He then bailed on his team and held out. I'll pass on that type of "worker"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes