PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead on SB46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Theismann did during an interview and then immediately corrected himself after everyone started laughing at him. Wasn't an "announcer" and wasn't while Woodhead was playing.
Jon Gruden called him "Woodcock" on MNF. He also messed up Matt Light's name calling him "Todd". Many other B-team announcers on CBS messed up Danny's name.

People also commonly call Asante Samuel "Samuels".

He's right, isn't he?

Remainder of original comment deleted. I confused 42 and 46.

Last edited:
But for everybody else on the field and sidelines that day, it probably would have meant nothing more than popping champagne corks when the last undefeated team lost its first game every season.
Not even that, since he is talking about the 2011 season and the loss to the Giants, and not the 2007 team that went 18-1. DW was in college in 2007.

Danny Woodhead Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I vaguely remember an episode of Hard Knocks where Rexy was going on about Connor calling him "The Terminator" while ignoring Woodhead who was balling.
Maybe someone can fill in my memory gaps. I believe Connor was the draft pick?

Rex made the wrong choice (again) going with the 'Name" player vs the football player.
I'm sure his diminutive size had something with him being overlooked.

More things to be grateful for with Belichick:
Everyone gets a fare shake, he goes with the best player, will cut bait on a bad decision, and doesn't get hung up if a player isn't prototypical size.

I mis-remembered. I think Connor was the fullback.

Here's the story:
Pats' Woodhead takes Jets behind woodshed

Bonus...article was written after another massive Jets beatdown.
Woodhead was released in leu of draft pick Joe McKnight, who had a shyte career.

Jon Gruden called him "Woodcock" on MNF. He also messed up Matt Light's name calling him "Todd". Many other B-team announcers on CBS messed up Danny's name

If that's true I'm sure you can provide some video evidence.

This doesn't surprise me a lot. He was always a super down to earth guy. I remember reading the article about how he used an old trophy as a seat in his dorm room when playing video games.
Uhhhh. What.

he told me he really didnt mean it

I vaguely remember an episode of Hard Knocks where Rexy was going on about Connor calling him "The Terminator" while ignoring Woodhead who was balling.
Maybe someone can fill in my memory gaps. I believe Connor was the draft pick?

Rex made the wrong choice (again) going with the 'Name" player vs the football player.
I'm sure his diminutive size had something with him being overlooked.

More things to be grateful for with Belichick:
Everyone gets a fare shake, he goes with the best player, will cut bait on a bad decision, and doesn't get hung up if a player isn't prototypical size.

I mis-remembered. I think Connor was the fullback.

Here's the story:
Pats' Woodhead takes Jets behind woodshed

Bonus...article was written after another massive Jets beatdown.
Woodhead was released in leu of draft pick Joe McKnight, who had a shyte career.

Yes, it was McKnight, who was sadly killed a few years ago in a road rage incident.

Woodhead was awesome and featured on Hard Knocks. Patriots signing him was one of my favorite BB moves and I believe the impetus for Rex desperately trying to get revenge by signing Pats castoffs and lining them up for the coin toss. Of course, they were all flaming garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back