PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola's Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning I should everything. He helped NE win big games - that IS the only thing that matters. Who the hell cares about stats ? As a fan, I care only about the winning.

OUR Danny...right, Brady 6?

Its weird you dont see him in the game for some stretches but then 3rd and 9 hes there catching an 11 yd out. Scored in each of the last 2 SBs hes been great on the big stages.

I think Amendola never had the same burst after his initial groin injury after his first game here against Buffalo (later revealed a full separation of his groin.)
Poor Danny, but he is still clutch when you need him.
Amendola je car.

I cannot recall a time in four years that Danny Amendola did not make a catch on either third or fourth down with the game on the line. Some catches were absurdly difficult...he has never dropped one. Any time we were in the most critical, most pressure packed situation, in the most important games, Danny Amendola was Tom Brady's most trusted target. I would like to compile a list, but I wouldn't know where to begin. 3rd and 10, 4th and 10, late in fourth quarter where it's literally first down or game over, Amendola is, along with Troy Brown, the most money wide receiver I have ever seen. He scored fourth quarter TDs in both Super Bowls.

i agree with your post. he's one of the most clutch receivers the patriots have had.

there was one huge catch he didn't make, though. in the 2013 season, during the second game against the dolphins, the patriots were trailing 24-20 with 0:27 seconds left in the 4th quarter. it was 1st & 10 from the miami 19, and amendola dropped a sure TD:

granted, it was contested and by no means easy, but he could have caught it. the patriots ended up losing the game.

it had huge implications in the playoffs, because the patriots finished 12-4 instead of 13-3. had they finished 13-3, they would have been the #1 seed in the afc. instead, it was the 13-3 broncos (we had the tiebreaker over them, since we beat them earlier in the season). we ended up losing 26-16 at denver in the afc championship game.

not trying to detract from your post at all, i just thought it was an interesting tidbit.

Last edited:
You can't spell Amendola without Amen. Love that guy.

Dola is a big game player no doubt. It was evidently clear in the 2015 playoffs and again in the 2017 playoffs.. making big time plays with the game on the line.

Agree with everything said about Amendola being clutch and a true Patriot. Yet I still notice many posters, when discussing the upcoming season, have him being dropped from the team, as if his contributions could be easily duplicated by someone else. I don't think that it is ever easy to replace a guy who is "money" in the biggest games.

what you guys all said in preceding posts....he is a clutch, money, stone cold winner !

Hope BB resigns him for this year

i agree with your post. he's one of the most clutch receivers the patriots have had.

there was one huge catch he didn't make, though. in the 2013 season, during the second game against the dolphins, the patriots were trailing 24-20 with 0:27 seconds left in the 4th quarter. it was 1st & 10 from the miami 19, and amendola dropped a sure TD:

granted, it was contested and by no means easy, but he could have caught it. the patriots ended up losing the game.

it had huge implications in the playoffs, because the patriots finished 12-4 instead of 13-3. had they finished 13-3, they would have been the #1 seed in the afc. instead, it was the 13-3 broncos (we had the tiebreaker over them, since we beat them earlier in the season). we ended up losing 26-16 at denver in the afc championship game.

not trying to detract from your post at all, i just thought it was an interesting tidbit.

I've resigned myself to the thought that, despite what happened in the Super Bowl that year, Denver was way better than us in 2013.

It's interesting that there are still fans who underestimate his importance. He does a lot of things well and has done them at the most important times.

In the end, we probably get crushed in the Super Bowl that year against the Seahawks. We had too many injuries including Gronk, Mayo, and Wilfork.

On the plus side, we got to see the epic beat down of the Broncos.

Conveniently, you ignored the car port?!

I'm sure this has already been said, but DA earned Bradys trust, and played his best in the biggest spots.

He was a reliable, clutch, big time player who never failed in big moments. Incredible play from him in both SBs

J.D. Drew, Michael Ryder and Danny Amendola. Overpaid and underachieving in the regular season but you don't win championships without them so all is more than forgiven.

That's called pass defense. Look at the defenders hand knock it out.

Last edited:
There are things I love about his game such as his blocking but don't go overboard. I also feel that he came up small in our games against Denver with some untimely drops or no catches at all like in the 2013afccg. I like him but he isn't a legend and soon enough I can see Mitchell running every route he does but better.

Every player is entitled to 1 or 2 bad games but overall he has been massively clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back