PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damn Pittman to be franchised

True. I am really interested to see how they handle the drafts going forward. My guess is they will not be like Bill and passing on athletes because they don't like their attitude, arrogance or have t-rex arms because they got burned by AH.

I agree. I’m also interested to see how they manage the young players. With Belichick I always had the feeling it was “ my way or the highway, “ and it could be that Mayo wants to deal with players where they are at, mentally and emotionally, as opposed to one hard assed approach. Different people learn and are motivated differently, and the ability to reach them needs to be able to adapt to that. Thornton could end up being an example of this. It may be that he wasn’t able to grasp the EP offense, and the assignments and adjustments in it. will be interesting to see if AVP and his his coaches can simplify it to just get the most out of his athletic ability. Just use him the way Will Fuller was used, go deep and catch the ball. And overall I just want to see their offense be more a matter of just getting the ball into the hands of playmakers, and let them do the work.

The real question is whether those teams can afford to do it again next year. Higgins is tagged this season, but Cincy may not be able to do it again next year, as Chase’s deal is on their horizon. So if the Patriots manage their cap well, and don’t over pay for receivers this offseason, they may well be able to go get him next year at this time.
Now I see why Cinci Tagged Higgins they can pick up Chase's Fifth year option and tag Higgins again. :( I wonder if the 49ers would move Brandon Aiyuk for 34?? They have some cap problems looming.

Now I see why Cinci Tagged Higgins they can pick up Chase's Fifth year option and tag Higgins again. :(
If you pick up a franchise tag 2 years in a row you have to pay the player as a top 5 player in all of football.

If you pick up a franchise tag 2 years in a row you have to pay the player as a top 5 player in all of football.
OH so that's how it works well we could offer 34 for Higgins or Aiyuk we could lock up either. I think we are Trading for somebody or go hard for Calvin Ridley in FA he's only 29.

Scratch Bourne.... Calvin Ridley - Gabe Davis - Pop Douglas - Juju and Day 2 Rookie. :cool:That scenario would light a fire under Thornton's @ss I can't see him making it unless he has a world beater Offseason and TC. Davis is a true deep threat Ridley can be great our WR situation would-be very good Ridley and Davis replaces Parker and Thornton win win right there.
Would probably be good but you're talking about maybe the top 2 free agent WRs (assuming Evans gets signed) both coming here - I don't see that happening.

Would probably be good but you're talking about maybe the top 2 free agent WRs (assuming Evans gets signed) both coming here - I don't see that happening.
Ok scratch Davis and make a run @ Calvin Ridley this will be his last contract offer him more guarantees. We are definitely bringing in a Rookie or Two.

OH so that's how it works well we could offer 34 for Higgins or Aiyuk we could lock up either. I think we are Trading for somebody or go hard for Calvin Ridley in FA he's only 29.

I don’t want to give the 34 up unless ts for an elite player they couldn’t get otherwise, and teams generally don’t trade them. As for Higgins I would just wait and see if he’s back on the market. They can get their starting LT or a Starting WR at 34, it they could move up for one in the 2nd half of the first round. The Patriots don’t need to rush anything, they need to be really smart and strategic about everything.

Now I see why Cinci Tagged Higgins they can pick up Chase's Fifth year option and tag Higgins again. :( I wonder if the 49ers would move Brandon Aiyuk for 34?? They have some cap problems looming.
We’ll see about Aiyuk. Starting to wonder if a 3rd might get him? They have to free cap so will depend on the takers. Personally I’m hoping they cut Kyle Juszczyk and we snatch him up. He’s a pretty special player.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back