PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damien Harris

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
I hope they can bring him back. A little surprised that he hasn’t drawn interest yet from other teams who could use a RB like the Bills.

I think running backs (other than the top top guys) are kind of devalued in the league right now. I think he'll get plenty of interest around the league eventually, but with 6-7 missed games each year, I can see why teams aren't making him a priority in the tampering period.

Damien’s market would’ve been much better had he been coming off of his 2021 season.

I don't see him breaking 3 million a year and in guarantees . Most likely should come back on a 1 year prove it deal.

We dont really know that there's no interest, just that he wasn't a top priority signing for anyone-- which I think everyone (including him and his agent) expected.

Look at what mostert got, thats probably his market. A much more proven Montgomery got 6. I can definitely see Harris coming back on a 1/2 year deal for around 3

Surprised? He spent more time injured than as a starter!

Why do so many ignore that and give him a pass, some while absolutely obliterating other Pats players who get like 1 injury. Sony Michel played MORE than Damien Harris did, and was injured less, but the narrative on this forum is that Michel was a bust made out of glass and Damien Harris is some All-Pro

Let some other team pay him a salary to sit in an ice tub.. no thanks

When Slater re-signed with the special contract that pays $2.7M while only counting $1.3M on the cap, I made a comment about how maybe they could have saved that for Harris. It felt mean at the time to put his market in that range, but it’s looking more reasonable right now.

I’d guess they gave him a number and let him see if another team will beat it. He’s a good RB but he gets banged up quite a bit and RBs are one of the easier positions to replace.

especially RBs that aren't useful on passing downs.. he's a pure runner that gets injured constantly

Hes a dime a dozen

Too injury prone no thanks.

Nothing Special

I don't see him breaking 3 million a year and in guarantees . Most likely should come back on a 1 year prove it deal.
He’d be better off going to the Bills or some other team without a feature back taking all of the carries. There are a lot of better situations than NE for him.

Harris has more value here than anywhere else. He needs to re-sign on a very cheap deal. Can’t stay healthy and isn’t a dual threat. Helluva runner when he gets going though, and provides great leadership to the younger RB’s in the room. Would love to see him back on a cheap deal. Sucks for him, but it is what it is.

He’d be better off going to the Bills or some other team without a feature back taking all of the carries. There are a lot of better situations than NE for him.
Makes sense but he can't carry the load and needs another equivalent feature back in tandem . Best bet would be to be here for next 2 years while Rham is there so that carries can be split and he can extend his career.

Running backs just don't make enough of a difference anymore. What have the "best" RBs in the NFL won over the last two decades? Let's see... nothing.

I want the Patriots to wear out Stevenson for 2 or 3 seasons of prime performance. Then move onto whoever. Some other indiscriminate RB with fresh legs.

his contract is up? I thought there was one year left

well Rham is a much better RB but not bringing Harris back would possibly mean they will spend a pick in a RB in the draft around 3rd or 4th round and I would rather focus on some other positions in this range, but they have plenty of picks, whatever.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back