PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DAL v. IND tonight 8:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting here watching to this pathetic excuse for a football game, I have to rank the mute button as one of the best inventions of all time; when Buck started going into his diatribe about the Dolts and the playoffs last year, MUTE, when the sideline reporter interviewed Gump, MUTE, when Aikman started to ramble about last year and Gump, MUTE...yep, a beautiful invention.

I'm sick of the #$%^ing Colts already.

Last edited:
I can't stand Buck either.

These Cowboys are a free spirited bunch alright. Every time they've gone to Romo he's had this big goofy grin on his face. High school coach Phillips did a fist pump after a TD. On October 14 hopefully they won't be so happy.

I reaize its only the first pre-season game, and Mannin g is always going to be a force to be reckoned with, but I really think what we are seeing from Indy foreshadows what we are going to see from them this season. Scratch the surface and there is nothing there. Losing Rhodes is going to hurt because Addai will have to shoulder the entire load, they have no real back-up option. The real problems, howver, are on defense, and I can only imagine the clamor in NE if the Patriots were planning on starting Klecko and Pit**** with nothing behind them. They probably have the smallest DL in the league with no-one of any substance coming off the bench, and their LB corps got weaker during the offseason, and once again they have zero depth at an already mediocre position group. About the only ray of hope they have defensively is at DB, where they are still very questionable, but have invested heavily in good draft picks at the position. Marlin Jackson, Hayden, and D. Hughes gives them prospects, but only if they pan out.

Ultimately I think the Colts defense is going to be too big a liability for them to overcome.

did someone already mention Joe Buck referring to Dungy as Herman Edwards? I don't feel like going through all the posts to check. Man do I hate that Buck.

He actually meant Herm Edwards. He was talking about that play where Herm returned a touchdown on a last minute fumble to win a game. The toher team was just running the ball to try to run out the clock and win the game.

I reaize its only the first pre-season game, and Mannin g is always going to be a force to be reckoned with, but I really think what we are seeing from Indy foreshadows what we are going to see from them this season. Scratch the surface and there is nothing there. Losing Rhodes is going to hurt because Addai will have to shoulder the entire load, they have no real back-up option. The real problems, howver, are on defense, and I can only imagine the clamor in NE if the Patriots were planning on starting Klecko and Pit**** with nothing behind them. They probably have the smallest DL in the league with no-one of any substance coming off the bench, and their LB corps got weaker during the offseason, and once again they have zero depth at an already mediocre position group. About the only ray of hope they have defensively is at DB, where they are still very questionable, but have invested heavily in good draft picks at the position. Marlin Jackson, Hayden, and D. Hughes gives them prospects, but only if they pan out.

Ultimately I think the Colts defense is going to be too big a liability for them to overcome.

With a foreseeable bad defense and lack of depth at running back, Manning might have to put up a ton of passing yards this season...more than usual. He might near 5000.

He actually meant Herm Edwards. He was talking about that play where Herm returned a touchdown on a last minute fumble to win a game. The toher team was just running the ball to try to run out the clock and win the game.

Oh, I guess I wasn't listening. I know that people confuse the two. I remember that game. **** Vermeil was the coach. The Eagles actually had some good luck.

Please tell me i heard all of these wrong:

1.) colts are the smartest team in the league
2.) colts have had 60% of their players get degrees, most in the nfl:eek:
3.) More degrees per team = the smarter the team

With a foreseeable bad defense and lack of depth at running back, Manning might have to put up a ton of passing yards this season...more than usual. He might near 5000.

I don't underestimate Mannings ability to keep the Colt's in any game, but if they have the worst run defense in football, which I believe they are going to have, then they are going to spend a ton of time on the field defensively, and that means a tiny defense with no depth is going to take a beating. Additionally they are going to be throwing the ball more than ever and that means their OL is going to take a beating instead of dishing it out running the ball.

I'm not hating on the Colts, I really believe Pollian and Co. have put them in a big hole, and unless a bunch of no name players really step up they aren't going anywhere, even with Manning.

If some Colt fan with real knowledge of their roster wants to make a case for their depth and defensive prowess i'd really be interested to hear it. I'm already familiar with the arguments for how good Manning and the receivers are, so reprising that won't really change anything.

You heard right. I would like to see where the Pats rank in terms of degrees per team. It thas to be up there. However, paper smarts and football smarts are 2 different things - right Asante and Vince.

You gotta know that NaPolian was steaming on the sideline thinking what the hell he was going to do to improve his excuse of a DL. He will make a trade, wait he has few draft picks next year. He'll be scanning the scrap heap for all cast offs until the start of the season.

marvin harrison needs to pop that godamn zit on his head.

It's the size of a godamn combo

even after they zoomed out, you could still see the godamn thing.

LOF'ingL. That is the funniest post and best Combo analogy I've seen in a long time. Keegs, I don't care what everyone else says, you are one funny a-hole.

You gotta know that NaPolian was steaming on the sideline thinking what the hell he was going to do to improve his excuse of a DL. He will make a trade, wait he has few draft picks next year. He'll be scanning the scrap heap for all cast offs until the start of the season.

Unless they do an amazing job picking up released players to plug into the defense and coach the sh.t out of what they have they are in big trouble imo.

LOF'ingL. That is the funniest post and best Combo analogy I've seen in a long time. Keegs, I don't care what everyone else says, you are one funny a-hole.

Agree, thats some funny ****.

I don't underestimate Mannings ability to keep the Colt's in any game, but if they have the worst run defense in football, which I believe they are going to have, then they are going to spend a ton of time on the field defensively, and that means a tiny defense with no depth is going to take a beating. Additionally they are going to be throwing the ball more than ever and that means their OL is going to take a beating instead of dishing it out running the ball.

I'm not hating on the Colts, I really believe Pollian and Co. have put them in a big hole, and unless a bunch of no name players really step up they aren't going anywhere, even with Manning.

If some Colt fan with real knowledge of their roster wants to make a case for their depth and defensive prowess i'd really be interested to hear it. I'm already familiar with the arguments for how good Manning and the receivers are, so reprising that won't really change anything.

I was a little more than surprised to see them line up Ed Johnson in Boogers spot with the starter. I guess they wanted to see him preform against starters on offense.

There are two distinct groups of guys that they have to fill in for Booger. Guys that have NFL experience, but are smaller. The other group has size, but no eperience. They have 5 guys that range 285 to 300 lbs and the 3 biggest are rookies.

At least one of two things will happen. First the Colts will look to see if anyone gets cut because of player getting caught up in a numbers game by another team. Second they will see if anyone can be had for a late round pick. Both could happen. By the start of the regular season I'm guessing at least 2 DTs will be on the roster that are not tonight.

The thing with the Colts game plan for the defensive line is the are constantly rotating guys in and out. The like to have fresh legs. This means two things for the Colts right now. One, they need to have depth. Two, when they add bodies, they do not need to add guys that have to be starters. They need guys that can play about 15 to 20 plays or so.

They is a real possiblity that there will be guy that have size and experience availible. Not that I am advocating this, I'm just stating an example...but word out of Oakland is Kiffen is looking to get rid of veteran leaders older than he is. He does want they younger players looking up to someone other than him. He wants to be the man. That means rumors obout Sapp getting cut are numerous. Given the current situation, he could contribute. Onther situation is in Philly. They have a glut of DTs right now. Amoung those being mentioned as possible cuts is former Colt Monte Reagor.

Regardless of how it's done, I really don't see the current group of defensive linemen being the group that they open the season with. If all esle fails, they may revert to using the offense as their defense. They could go back to airing it out to force other teams to have to keep up. Or they could take advantage of the control offense the they should last season with the dinking and dunking and taking what the defense gives you to stay on the field and keep their defense off of it.

Not that I am advocating this, I'm just stating an example...but word out of Oakland is Kiffen is looking to get rid of veteran leaders older than he is. He does want they younger players looking up to someone other than him. He wants to be the man. That means rumors obout Sapp getting cut are numerous. Given the current situation, he could contribute. Onther situation is in Philly. They have a glut of DTs right now. Amoung those being mentioned as possible cuts is former Colt Monte Reagor.

Reagor's not bad, but the rumor about Sapp getting cut likely has more to do with the fact that Sapp's nothing more than a fat slob at this point in his career; any dreams of him being a contributing player on a contender should be put to rest immediately.

Or the colts could bring in some new guys they under perform, get ran through by every team they face to the tune of at least 150 yards per game.

Peyton could lose patience with his new tackle to the point he goes to the press and airs him out! Now Peyton would never disrespect his o line would he?

Marvin Harrison could show his age and not cut as clean on his routes halfway thru the season leaving only Wayne a Rook and some tighends to carry the team. Although that would still be hard with him always on his back cause theres a PROBOWL left tackle missing which is of some importance I would think.

Then Adam the Traitor could be so upset he starts hitting the bottle hard!
Then Peyton could condemn his liquored up kicker after they lose to the Houston Texans in overtime with a missed field goal let's say 35 yards away.

Dwight Freeney get's lazy and uninspired, Bob sanders get's frustrated having to play 3 positions at once and decides to leave at end of season Colts try desperately to franchise him but they don't have the cap room and can't push any more money back into the future. Napolian loses the last trick he had up his sleave and eventually has to trade half the team to the new LA team and the colts start over with Peyton's legacy being left to one fluke Superbowl which he played poorly. Only to be proceeded with multiple losing seasons to the tune of peyton retiring while he still has a shred of dignity that's my synopsis for the colts.

As far as the Patriots Brady continues to restructure to keep the team competitive and goes on to win 3 more Superbowls With sanders signing with the patriots to make it all sweeter. Adam Begs to pats to take him back he even offers to be a backup to Steve and play for the league minimum but BB see's no need for 2 kickers on the roster so Adam quits and becomes a spokesman for Captain Morgan replacing the standing pirate with a field goal kick stance.

That's how I see things GO PATS!

Reagor's not bad, but the rumor about Sapp getting cut likely has more to do with the fact that Sapp's nothing more than a fat slob at this point in his career; any dreams of him being a contributing player on a contender should be put to rest immediately.

Like I said I wasn't saying that the Colts should go get him, but was using him as an example. Even if he is not cut, he cold be availible for cheap. Sapp has lost 40 or 50 lbs during the off season and had 10 sacks last year along with nearly 50 tackles. I guess that's what happens when you are on the worst team in the league, you can get 50 tackles and 10 sacks and nobody really notices.

Can hardly gauge how both teams will do just based on this ONE preseason game, but...

Under Wade Phillips, Dallas seems to be more relaxed and playing with much more enthusiasm.

As vanilla as these preseason schemes were, the playcalling on both sides of the ball by Dallas are MUCH better.

BTW-when Parcells was in your city, how did he fare with X's and O's? Here in Dallas-he ran the MOST simplistic schemes on both sides of the ball.(Frankly-he seemed to have Zilch knowledge on what the 3-4 is really like) Sean Payton and Mike Zimmer had very, very creative minds, but Parcells pretty much handcuffed their playbooks b/c of his lack of knowledge with these current schemes, if something went wrong, he couldn't second guess them.

And most importantly-Romo looks alot better out there-OC Jason Garrett seems to have taught him alot of things Parcells never even whispered about.

One's always tempted to read into these games... one thing I was waiting for was an "oops" on Romo's part, but nobody was really in his face for the time he was in there (PS, was Freeney out there? Did they tell him don't spin in pre-season or what?)

That means he had little opportunity to treat the ball like it was a slag of red-hot radioactive metal, and put it on the ground or throw a pick. So yeah, good effort on Romo's part, but by and large, zzzzz.

As to the disintegration of the Colts O line and D, they have another month to get it right or close enough to right. Since the D is always pretty porous, it's really a matter of getting to "right" by the playoffs, if their O can still put up the points. Assuming the offense clicks, the defensive woes have 16 more weeks for ultimate fixups -- sorry, but over the years, that's how it's been with the Colts. They can feast on crap teams just by outscoring them and run up the record. We all know this.

Frustrating not to be able to say more... but there WAS football on my TV last night!!!!!!! WOO HOOOOOO!!!!

PFnV

It's the start of preseason,
It's the Colts,
It's the media,
Let the ball washing begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back