PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daddy Kraft? Denied by Kraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I always love it when Boston sports figures act like they'd prefer to be in LA.

Always what I am looking for, regardless of my age.

lmao
eFnKK2z.gif

You understand these are millionaires and billionaires, with the means to do whatever, right? We aren't talking about some fourth liner up from Providence or a kid from Pawtucket up for a cup of coffee. These people aren't everyman. They are never ever gonna be. They bang movie stars, marry super models, hang with rock stars. Especially this organization, because of the winning tradition. Ever see a super model hanging with the Browns?

Again, absolutely bizarre for a guy in his 70s to be doing that. It's one thing to want companionship, but what on earth does he have in common with some gal who has no career and just mooches off of a sugar daddy?

At the end of the day, it is no one's business, but that doesn't mean we can't have an opinion of how odd something is.

Agree.

What I do know after seeing what my father in-law went thru when his wife of 45 years passed due to brain cancer, being 70 and living alone for the rest of your life was a frightening thing for him. He had all kinds of strange thoughts fluttering around in your head. He was so lost. You either choose to die or live out the life the best you can. Thankfully, hes doing great. Found a woman. Does vacations, etc..

Clearly Bob cares about this girl and wants the happiness she brings him to continue.

No question it is unconventional and seems incredibly awkward but as you say they are adults and the arrangement works for them.

Either way it’s really awkward situation. In fact, it would be better in some respects if the kid is his. I mean if you’re in a relationship with a women and she goes out and has a kid with someone else? I can’t believe RK would have consented to that...
It's extremely awkward. Anytime a girl is dating someone rich and this much older than her, you inevitably think "gold digger". The fact that she got knocked up by some other guy just further reinforces this.

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
carI'm going to spitball a wild theory here (which is very much in line with what Robertweathers wrote above but I swear I thought this up before reading that post):

1) Despite the age difference, the couple is very happy together. She fills a need for him that has been missing since the passage of his wife. It is not our place to judge what helps emotionally fulfill someone after he loses his partner of 50 years. (If a man dumps his wife of almost 50 years for a 30-something, that's another story.... but that is most certainly not what happened here)

2) While we all hope Mr. Kraft has many, many years left, it is reasonable to conclude that she will not exactly be spending the rest of her life with him.

3) They don't want to break up but if she ever wants to be a mother (and my experience tells me most women do) then she is at that age where it is highly unwise to continuing playing the waiting game. It is not that she wants to leave him, but spending the next 5 years of her life with him would not be compatible with the ticking of her biological clock

4) Mr. Kraft is certainly a man of means and could provide the needed finances for an artificial insemination. It also would not be a tremendous hardship for him to provide finances needed to take care of mother and child for many, many years

5) I think they made an arrangement to provide for what is described in (4)

Last edited:
What is with the Brady, Edelman, Kraft, etc, having such issues in this area?
Brady was tricked, Edelman was drunk, Kraft was careless. It's quite likely that the women involved in all three cases had agendas.

Brady was tricked, Edelman was drunk, Kraft was careless. It's quite likely that the women involved in all three cases had agendas.

Oh, I agree with all of that. I am just saying, these people who appear intelligent, certainly have made some significant choices that are clearly life changing. And, they don't appear to be done with much forethought.

eFnKK2z.gif

You understand these are millionaires and billionaires, with the means to do whatever, right? We aren't talking about some fourth liner up from Providence or a kid from Pawtucket up for a cup of coffee. These people aren't everyman. They are never ever gonna be. They bang movie stars, marry super models, hang with rock stars. Especially this organization, because of the winning tradition. Ever see a super model hanging with the Browns?

Well, did the Celts and their dynasty act like this? I mean, it is what it is. I just know after growing up outside of Boston, this whole LA thing would have been completely frowned upon years ago.

Insert some California guys into the mix here and a gushing Kraft, and this is the result.

I certainly appreciate all of their hard work, effort, and successes as a fan, but I'd be lying if I said I enjoy this part of it.

For me the biggest news is the sons had the trust amended with enhanced safeguards so she couldn't have a chance at swooping in and pulling a Anna Nicole Smith.
Anna Nicole Smith was that old guy's wife, not a mere girlfriend. Marriage affords all sorts of legal rights and protections that Mr. Kraft's girlfriend simply doesn't have, especially in the realm of inheritance. Mr. Kraft doesn't owe his girlfriend jack squat.

If the child is Mr. Kraft's (which I am not so sure is the case), then he has the legal responsibility to provide for it. (Child support belongs to the child, not the parent, so he still doesn't owe his girlfriend a penny but she would be the one administering the child support) However, Mr. Kraft does not have the legal responsibility to include the child in his will or give that child any sort of stake in any of his businesses. I have no doubt that Mr. Kraft's will states clearly who gets what.

Notwithstanding the above, this doesn't seem to be a contentious situation headed for the courtroom. It doesn't seem as though Mr. Kraft needs a judge to order him to do the right thing since he is already doing the right thing.

Last edited:
My take is at 38 years old she wanted a kid and Krafty either couldn't/wouldn't be the biological father. That may have led to their "cooling off" period while she was out getting knocked up or going thru IV.

As the article states he bought her a mansion in LA , set her up with some investments and is financially supporting her and the kid.

I don't think he would pay for a mansion if he didn't plan on being there a lot.

For me the biggest news is the sons had the trust amended with enhanced safeguards so she couldn't have a chance at swooping in and pulling a Anna Nicole Smith.

A lot of what the article says is speculation from “sources.” If he bought her the house in LA, then it’s more than likely his kid. Why would he take care of her otherwise? Very doubtful RK would let her sleep around so that she can fulfill her dream of having a kid.

Amen. I've been saying it for about a decade now: Bridget saw the writing on the wall, that she was about to get dumped like a sack of potatoes. She was absolutely devastated and did what she could to desperately try to keep Tom in her life.

A lot of what the article says is speculation from “sources.” If he bought her the house in LA, then it’s more than likely his kid. Why would he take care of her otherwise? Very doubtful RK would let her sleep around so that she can fulfill her dream of having a kid.
This is the 21st Century. There are ways to have children without "sleeping around."

Well, did the Celts and their dynasty act like this? I mean, it is what it is. I just know after growing up outside of Boston, this whole LA thing would have been completely frowned upon years ago.

Insert some California guys into the mix here and a gushing Kraft, and this is the result.

I certainly appreciate all of their hard work, effort, and successes as a fan, but I'd be lying if I said I enjoy this part of it.
Either the Russell Dynasty or the Big 3 Dynasty were different times. Yes, Lakers had showtime and Jack Nicholson and Dyan Cannon, the Celtics had Jonny Most. But it was a different time.

Oh, I agree with all of that. I am just saying, these people who appear intelligent, certainly have made some significant choices that are clearly life changing. And, they don't appear to be done with much forethought.
Perhaps you're underestimating the women involved. ;)

Amen. I've been saying it for about a decade now: Bridget saw the writing on the wall, that she was about to get dumped like a sack of potatoes. She was absolutely devastated and did what she could to desperately try to keep Tom in her life.
I did a little research on this and traced the moment of conception to the Pats loss to the Jets on Nov. 12, 2006. Tom's eldest son was born Aug. 22, 2007 -- nine months and 10 days later. That game put the Pats at 6-3 and was New England's second-straight loss. So, my hypothetical scenario is Tom was despondent and Bridget took advantage: "Aw, Tommy ... Come here, I'll make you feel better. (GOTCHA! Heh heh ... )"

I did a little research on this and traced the moment of conception to the Pats loss to the Jets on Nov. 12, 2006. Tom's eldest son was born Aug. 22, 2007 -- nine months and 10 days later. That game put the Pats at 6-3 and was New England's second-straight loss. So, my hypothetical scenario is Tom was despondent and Bridget took advantage: "Aw, Tommy ... Come here, I'll make you feel better. (GOTCHA! Heh heh ... )"

LOL!!

Anna Nicole Smith was that old guy's wife, not a mere girlfriend. Marriage affords all sorts of legal rights and protections that Mr. Kraft's girlfriend simply doesn't have, especially in the realm of inheritance. Mr. Kraft doesn't owe his girlfriend jack squat.

If the child is Mr. Kraft's (which I am not so sure is the case), then he has the legal responsibility to provide for it. (Child support belongs to the child, not the parent, so he still doesn't owe his girlfriend a penny but she would be the one administering the child support) However, Mr. Kraft does not have the legal responsibility to include the child in his will or give that child any sort of stake in any of his businesses. I have no doubt that Mr. Kraft's will states clearly who gets what.

Notwithstanding the above, this doesn't seem to be a contentious situation headed for the courtroom. It doesn't seem as though Mr. Kraft needs a judge to order him to do the right thing since he is already doing the right thing.

We have no idea if Kraft wants to marry this girl.

With that said when it comes to estate, trusts and entitlements, marriage is a factor but not the determining one. Its all based on what is in the will and in the trust which is why the sons had it amended.

If you recall, ANS received zero from her husband's death. After appeals, the courts agreed with the son.

We don't know the situation. Reports say it's biologically not his. I'm going by that.

If he loves her but was incapable of fathering a child and she sought out IV then that is completely reasonable thing to do under the circumstances.

Au contraire Pierre. This guy just joined the lucky sperm club........ a

Tony Randall, Strom Thurmond.....Saul Bellow, Anthony Quinn, more power to them but I don't think their significant others want two in the diapers at the same time................
I can add Andrea Segovia, but they're all to old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents