PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Marshall Faulk not over being cheated out of Super Bowl victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newsday follow-up - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Uncle Moron never mastered the skill of reading plain English, obviously...anyway...he's too too stupidly ignorant to realize that HIS Bills as well as every other team in the NFL uses cameras to record games...Sieglo's quote should put this mutt out of his misery...but don't bet on it..

Originally Posted by sieglo View Post
The Rule

NFL rules state "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." They also say all video for coaching purposes must be shot from locations "enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

The Admission

"What we do every away game is tape our team from both end zones, whenever it's possible. We always ask for permission to do that. Usually it's granted, provided there is a physical space to do that, it's to get the same angle you get in practice. Anybody that asks us to do it, we extend the same courtesy. It's pretty common, one way or the other, depending on how teams like to like at their game tape. That's really what it was." -- Eric Mangini

The Conclusion

It is against NFL rules to tape from any location that isn't "enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead." The Jets have admitted to taping in violation of that rule. The opposing team cannot give its consent to allow the opposing team to break this rule, any more than a fellow motorist at an intersection can give me consent to run a red light.

Next Steps

The League should seize and review all Jets tapes obtained in violation of the rules. The Jets should be penalized their 2nd and 3rd round draft choices next year and fined $250k. Mangini should be fined $500k. The tapes should be reviewed by Goodell to determine if they reveal that the Jets were in fact stealing signals, and released to ESPN as the Pats' tapes were.

Yes, I know there are other threads but I wanted to spell it out. And put a more accurate name on the topic.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Timeline of events and disclosures during Spygate saga - NFL - ESPN

What's the problem with what I said? Was it false?

Refer to above. The obvious point is that the Patriots turned over the evidence themselves. Yeah, why wouldn't they turn over everything, right? They could have easily DECIDED what it was that they were going to turn in given their freedom in the matter, don't you think? Do you disagree with that premise? I can't see how you could.

Do you think the police were brought in, took Belichick hostage and confiscated ALL materials with a knife to his throat? Me neither. This is why there are remaining QUESTIONS as to the actually extent of the rule breaking...not only the evidence that was collected and quickly destroyed, but the actual METHOD of collection to begin with.

Again, I'm talking about why people may have a problem with not trusting the Patriots. Right or wrong, they brought in on themselves and have to live with it. One should never cry about what one brought onto one's self. THAT is the point. THAT is what I'm talking about.

Puzzled here. If, by your definiton, 3 days is 'taking your sweet time' ( the time you claim it took the Pats to hand over the information requested), then how is taking 3days ( the time the NFL took prior to destroying the tapes) "quickly"?

The link you provide states in its text "Within the next three days". How did that become 'at the end of 3 days'? It sounds as if the information was flowing from the Pats to the NFL over 3 days, not like it was dumped in a garbage bag on the floor of the NFL headquarters at 4:55 pm on the 3rd day, like you make it sound.

You yourself could have viewed the tape of the Jets game, as I expect quite a few fans did, when it was run on Fox NFL Sunday on September 16, 2007.

There are some reporters out there who understand that "Spygate" is way overblown:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14548114/patriots-winning-ways-puts-spygate-handwringing-to-rest

Well, my mom didn't wake me up until about 3 PM....

No, seriously, why would somebody want to sift through 15 pages of this pure garbage?

I do have a point, which I've been trying to impart. I've said it many times. Seeing is how you read all my posts (which I'm flattered by), can you tell me what my main point is?

I'll give you a hint: the Patriots broke the rules, and whatever the backlash is by way of opinion, they brought upon themselves. It should comes as no surprise.

The troll is strong with this one.

Mods, can this thread be locked? Nothing substantial has been added to the conversation for a while.

Now I know you're trolling.

It shouldn't have taken that long.

It amazes me how easily people let threads get hijacked by the dopesticks.

I agree that the stupidest thing Goodell could have done was claim he destroyed all the tapes two days after receiving them. That turned it into a fiasco. Keep the tapes on file. You don't have to give them all to the media, but let people have their look.

It's my opinion that he rushed to destroy the tapes because his wife worked for the outfit that leaked some of the content.

FFS people, stop feeding the troll. Uncle Meat was an idiot when he showed up 3+ years ago, and time hasn't done him any favors. I honestly wish for his sake that he was a troll, but I'm fairly convinced that he's just a low-functioning human being. Resist the urge to rubberneck and just ignore him.

It's best to just ignore his posts AND the responses.

Since we're talking about cheating, I have a few questions.

What team has been the most penalized for cheating, in cash and/or draft picks, in the history of the NFL? Hint: They're playing in the SB this year.

What team proudly wore the motto "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin' from the 70's and beyond? Hint: Their team and fans are the original Tuckheads.

Which of the loudest Asterjerks had his own team penalized with the loss of a first round draft pick and fine? Hint: The fine came just before the team he coached went on to record a 17-0 season.

If you listen real close you might be able to hear the faint sound of the smallest violin in the world playing MY Heart Bleeds for Marshaul Faulk, or any of the other Spybabies.

Well, my mom didn't wake me up until about 3 PM....

No, seriously, why would somebody want to sift through 15 pages of this pure garbage?

I do have a point, which I've been trying to impart. I've said it many times. Seeing is how you read all my posts (which I'm flattered by), can you tell me what my main point is?

I'll give you a hint: the Patriots broke the rules, and whatever the backlash is by way of opinion, they brought upon themselves. It should comes as no surprise.

You know who else broke the rules? The Bills

Washington Redskins, Buffalo Bills each fined $20,000 over injury reports - ESPN

So I guess by your logic every stupid and ridiculous accusation that is brought against them is their own fault since they "brought [it] upon themselves"? Right? So if by some miracle of miracles the Bills are actually some day actually beat a good team and some jackass opposing players claims they cheated to do so you won't argue against it since its the Bills own fault for breaking some unrelated rule?

Your arguments are weak and pathetic and are really easily brushed aside because they are coming from a place of bitterness and jealousy. In the end your tears taste so good. Its a game...stop pretending like this is a matter of national security. Nobody cares.

There was incriminating evidence on those tapes. Face the facts. If there wasn't, the patriots wouldn't have lost a draft pick and belichick wouldn't have had that huge fine levied against him.
Since spygate the patriots have been an average playoff team and obviously haven't won it in nine years. As much as it gets you guys up in arms, these are facts. Three superbowls decided by a total of 9 points? Please try to explain to me how in games that were that close, the taped signals had no effect on the outcome at all. Tell me that with 100% certainty. I bet you can't.

There was incriminating evidence on those tapes. Face the facts. If there wasn't, the patriots wouldn't have lost a draft pick and belichick wouldn't have had that huge fine levied against him.
Since spygate the patriots have been an average playoff team and obviously haven't won it in nine years. As much as it gets you guys up in arms, these are facts. Three superbowls decided by a total of 9 points? Please try to explain to me how in games that were that close, the taped signals had no effect on the outcome at all. Tell me that with 100% certainty. I bet you can't.
Because if the tapes made that much of a difference, NE would have won by 3 touchdowns or more. There you go, Spybaby (love that term, by the way.)

Name me a team that has played as many playoff games since 2001 and has a better record. I bet you can't.

Now I know you're trolling.

.... and another troll comes up from under the bridge....

Yet not one of you has refuted anything I said in my post... Strange...

You made claims of fact which aren't fact, but are either your foolish opinion or just a weak attempt to troll. You made accusations which you cannot prove, and which run counter to the known evidence. Exactly what should we bother refuting in your post that hasn't already been dealt with? Also, why should we do it? Just so you can get your troll jollies?

No thanks. I'll just add you to the ignore list now and get it over with.

still waiting. I'll check back in a while.

How about we start with 2007, where the Patriots were caught cheating.

Since then the Pats have an outstanding 5-5 playoff record. Off the top of my head, I can tell you that the Giants have AT LEAST 8 playoff wins in that same time period and the ravens have nine. Both with better records than the patriots, and I'm sure there are more if you'd like me to do some actual research.

Patriots have been average since they were caught cheating. These are facts and not opinions people!

You made claims of fact which aren't fact, but are either your foolish opinion or just a weak attempt to troll. You made accusations which you cannot prove, and which run counter to the known evidence. Exactly what should we bother refuting in your post that hasn't already been dealt with? Also, why should we do it? Just so you can get your troll jollies?

No thanks. I'll just add you to the ignore list now and get it over with.

Nothing I said in my post was untrue, and the only accusation I made was that none of you can tell me with a straight face that you don't think spygate could've given you an edge in those 3 (three point margin) superbowls, where any small advantage could've decided the games.

And none of you have.

How about we start with 2007, where the Patriots were caught cheating.

Since then the Pats have an outstanding 5-5 playoff record. Off the top of my head, I can tell you that the Giants have AT LEAST 8 playoff wins in that same time period and the ravens have nine. Both with better records than the patriots, and I'm sure there are more if you'd like me to do some actual research.

Patriots have been average since they were caught cheating. These are facts and not opinions people!
Sorry, the Giants haven't played as many playoff games since 2006 as NE. Wrong again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST