PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran Knows Something

Nice try, but that's not what the video shows. Moss didn't come out of nowhere. He was already well downfield even after the ball had been released. He had 3 guys right with him, so it's laughable how you didn't notice 4 football players running towards you (per your story), in the direction the ball was thrown. The entire thing took under 4 seconds. The only possible explanation, if we're to believe any of this, is that you were **** faced.

This bizarre nonsense begs the question whether you've actually been to a live football game. You're trying so hard to save face with your failed gotcha. Quit while you're behind, you sufficiently embarrassed yourself a while ago. ;)

Last edited:
This bizarre nonsense begs the question whether you've actually been to a live football game. You're trying so hard to save face with your failed gotcha. Quit while you're behind, you sufficiently embarrassed yourself a while ago. ;)
Calling out your BS is only embarrassing for you.

Calling out your BS is only embarrassing for you.

What's the matter with you? Are you envious of my experience? Here are a few other things I recall about that game: when it was over Heath Evans gave his gloves to a kid who sat near us. I remember Wes Welker scoring the first touchdown -- wrapping both arms around the ball as he high-stepped into the (opposite) end zone -- see if there's a video to corroborate that. I also think that was the game Chad Pennington got hurt on a sack and limped off the field on one leg. I'll share more if it comes to me, I'm sure you will enjoy it vicariously. :) P.S. I might still have the game program in the stack in my study. If I can find it I'll snap a photo to share.

Last edited:
What's the matter with you? Are you envious of my experience? Here are a few other things I recall about that game: when it was over Heath Evans gave his gloves to a kid who sat near us. I remember Wes Welker scoring the first touchdown -- wrapping both arms around the ball as he high-stepped into the (opposite) end zone -- see if there's a video to corroborate that. I also think that was the game Chad Pennington got hurt on a sack and limped off the field on one leg. I'll share more if it comes to me, I'm sure you will enjoy it vicariously. :) P.S. I might still have the game program in the stack in my study. If I can find it I'll snap a photo to share.
You forgot to mention the 108 yd KO return for a TD by Hobbs. Chad wiped his forehead with a towel while they were tending to his right ankle on the bench. All of it online. Stop embarrassing yourself dude. You look pathetic. Nobody cares, but it's funny how you want to die on this hill.

You forgot to mention the 108 yd KO return for a TD by Hobbs. Chad wiped his forehead with a towel while they were tending to his right ankle on the bench. All of it online. Stop embarrassing yourself dude. You look pathetic. Nobody cares, but it's funny how you want to die on this hill.

You are certifiable. I would have no reason to lie about being there, it's strange you don't believe me but apparently that's who you are. I've been to a number of Pats-Jete Meadowlands games at both old and new stadiums, going back to the '90s with Tuna squaring off against Pete Carroll (lost that one) and then Rich Kotite (won in a squeaker with a late defensive stand; Terry Glenn played well). Hell, I was at the infamous drunk Namath-Suzy Kolber night game. In another one we lost, Moss caught a high end zone pass on the run with Revis defending. Yet another one we lost to Wrecks. Tom threw a short touchdown pass to Chad Jackson in another we won. Oh, I also was at the 2002 game we won I think 44-0, wasn't Branch a rookie then? I remember him catching a pass late.

These are just bits and pieces coming back to me, I'd have to go back and confirm which years most of them were. I haven't been down there in quite a while now, got sick of obnoxious Jete fans. Last time I was there they were throwing peanuts at us behind our back (I always wear Pats gear).

You need to remember I've been a Patriots season ticket holder since 1994 when Kraft bought the team and football season has been my hobby. I've cut way back on away games but also made the Buffalo trip often during the Brady years. I've been to Pats games in D.C., Baltimore, Pittsburgh (AFC title game), San Diego, Giants, Green Bay and Seattle. Also four Super Bowls. Tons of great memories and some heartbreak as well.

You are certifiable. I would have no reason to lie about being there, it's strange you don't believe me but apparently that's who you are. I've been to a number of Pats-Jete Meadowlands games at both old and new stadiums, going back to the '90s with Tuna squaring off against Pete Carroll (lost that one) and then Rich Kotite (won in a squeaker with a late defensive stand; Terry Glenn played well). Hell, I was at the infamous drunk Namath-Suzy Kolber night game. In another one we lost, Moss caught a high end zone pass on the run with Revis defending. Yet another one we lost to Wrecks. Tom threw a short touchdown pass to Chad Jackson in another we won. Oh, I also was at the 2002 game we won I think 44-0, wasn't Branch a rookie then? I remember him catching a pass late.

These are just bits and pieces coming back to me, I'd have to go back and confirm which years most of them were. I haven't been down there in quite a while now, got sick of obnoxious Jete fans. Last time I was there they were throwing peanuts at us behind our back (I always wear Pats gear).

You need to remember I've been a Patriots season ticket holder since 1994 when Kraft bought the team and football season has been my hobby. I've cut way back on away games but also made the Buffalo trip often during the Brady years. I've been to Pats games in D.C., Baltimore, Pittsburgh (AFC title game), San Diego, Giants, Green Bay and Seattle. Also four Super Bowls. Tons of great memories and some heartbreak as well.
I believe I also saw pictures from your trip @Tunescribe from that game, if I recall correctly. I'd have to go back and dig, but I can remember one of the photos you took pretty vividly, so I can confirm this as well.

Sure man, you've been to more Jete games than most Jete fans. You're an honorary Jete, I guess.

Saturday nights at PatsFans.com ...
boston celtics cooking GIF by NBPA

Sure man, you've been to more Jete games than most Jete fans. You're an honorary Jete, I guess.
I will say that stadium is in a weird spot - far away from everything by itself in Jersey off the highway. Never been there, but I've driven by it and it would be cool to cross it off the bucket list at some point.

Last edited:
I believe I also saw pictures from your trip @Tunescribe from that game, if I recall correctly. I'd have to go back and dig, but I can remember one of the photos you took pretty vividly, so I can confirm this as well.

Thanks, Ian. I was at that 2007 Jete Meadowlands game with Andrew Stack, who used to be a member here. I've lost touch with him, do you remember his screen name?

Not quite, probably about a dozen over the last 30 years and not in the last 10 years.

Thanks, Ian. I was at that 2007 Jete Meadowlands game with Andrew Stack, who used to be a member here. I've lost touch with him, do you remember his screen name?
Not off the top of my head, I'd have to dig. And that year is a blur...think I blocked it out of my memory. Save for the Giants and Baltimore games because they were such a slugfest.
Not quite, probably about a dozen over the last 30 years and not in the last 10 years.

I will say that stadium is in a weird spot - far away from everything by itself in Jersey off the highway. Never been there, but I've driven by it and it would be cool to cross it off the bucket list at some point.

It's a pretty nondescript arena. The old Giants Stadium had lots more character and better sight lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a pretty nondescript arena. The old Giants Stadium had lots more character and better sight lines.
@venecol recommended seeing the Bucs at their place at some point, but I haven't made it there. My son actually did get to go because his college team played there (USF), and he saw a few games. Although, I believe they're finally building one on campus in the coming years.

The only other stadiums I've been to was Sun Devil Stadium (back in 1998, I think it was?) in Arizona, and I've been to the Jaguars stadium for their game against New England in 2018, which the Patriots lost and the Jaguars fans acted like they just won the Super Bowl. If I recall, they went on a dive after that, which was fitting.

But otherwise, haven't been to many outside New England. Someday when things settle down, maybe. We'll see how that goes.

Not off the top of my head, I'd have to dig. And that year is a blur...think I blocked it out of my memory. Save for the Giants and Baltimore games because they were such a slugfest.

I was at both those games (believe it or not, @venecol ) The Baltimore game was intense, had sideline seats about 10 rows up at the goal line, north end. I remember an older guy a couple rows down started crying when they lost, apparently it was the first time they were beaten wearing all-black uniforms. One of their D linemen went berserk after getting penalized and threw the ref's flag into the stands. Jabar Gaffney made the winning catch right in front of me and as much as I wanted to yell I kept my mouth shut out of self-preservation.

The Giants game was special for reasons we all know. I remember Moss dropping that long low-thrown pass just before catching the record-breaker. Because it was such an historic game my priority was to snag a couple GameDay programs. So I got in there about an hour before kickoff and they were already sold out. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Ian
In Reiss’ latest article he posted some Mayo quotes from the season ticket event:

"Remember, Caserio had been building that team for [two] years before they got C.J. Stroud in that position," he said. "So when you look at our team -- I'm not asking for patience, but I kind of am. It's a process. It's not only about the quarterback. Obviously you want to have that QB1 and build around him, but it doesn't always happen when you want it."

And, also:

“The one benefit of being at three is that if we like the top five quarterbacks, we'll have our pick at No. 3. It doesn't really matter -- that's kind of how we're looking at it."

Probably wasting my time trying to decipher this stuff, but if they truly do like five QBs I can totally see them trading down and getting one of the last five later in the 1st round. Since they’ve had no contact whatsoever ever with Penix, it terrifies me that it’s Nix. Yuck.

In Reiss’ latest article he posted some Mayo quotes from the season ticket event:

"Remember, Caserio had been building that team for [two] years before they got C.J. Stroud in that position," he said. "So when you look at our team -- I'm not asking for patience, but I kind of am. It's a process. It's not only about the quarterback. Obviously you want to have that QB1 and build around him, but it doesn't always happen when you want it."

And, also:

“The one benefit of being at three is that if we like the top five quarterbacks, we'll have our pick at No. 3. It doesn't really matter -- that's kind of how we're looking at it."

Probably wasting my time trying to decipher this stuff, but if they truly do like five QBs I can totally see them trading down and getting one of the last five later in the 1st round. Since they’ve had no contact whatsoever ever with Penix, it terrifies me that it’s Nix. Yuck.
Yes, they have consensus. That simply means that they have agreed on what to do in various situations. When picking at 3, it may turn out that their man has been picked and that they have 3 closely bunched.

There is a strong argument for simply taking their choice of the rest.

There is also a strong argument for trading down and then back up to get a QB. For example, they could take 3 firsts and then use the 2024 firsts to move back up to 5 or 6. So, take the 3 firsts. Trade back to 6 and get one of the 5 QB's we want. There is no guarantee of success, but after the trade down, we would very likely be in the best position to move up. We would get one of the top 5 on our board and a 2025 first.

Consider being the chargers at 5. Even if someone made a mega deal to trade with AZ to pick the 4th QB, wouldn't our offer to the chargers be a no-brainer? Perhaps, we would need to add another 2024 pick, but we'd still be way ahead.

I have talked to you many times about being a STH since the same time I was
Your honesty I have never questioned

Don’t play into the trap. Justification is not an issue here

I have talked to you many times about being a STH since the same time I was
Your honesty I have never questioned

Don’t play into the trap. Justification is not an issue here

Thanks and you are right. It's hard to resist responding when someone calls you liar in an open forum.

What's interesting, though, is how fragmented memory gets over the span of years. I can recall bits and bigger parts of certain games from 20-30 years ago very clearly, others not at all. It's like the mind takes snapshots and puts them in a file cabinet with holes in it.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back