PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Inside the end of the BB era

Yeah the more I think about it the more I know it had to end this way instead of “demoting” BB to coach only,

We always thought there was a hard floor for Belichick’s Patriots. He set the bar so high. The Patriots’ best was untouchable. Their average was elite. And their really bad — like 2022 — was league average. They’d never be awful. Not on Bill’s watch. But they were.

This to me is the most important part of this. Everything else you could probably toss aside, but once the mystique of "a Bill Belichick led Patriots team will never be truly bad" went away, it was hard to accept excuses and golden carrots.

Curran's been waiting to press send on this article for weeks
You're Terrible.
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

Curran's been waiting to press send on this article for weeks
Just like Shaughnessey was with a “curse of the Babe” article in 2004. That one remained unpublished. :)

Say what you will about Curran, he reported how it would play out weeks ago, stuck to his guns, and was right while basically everyone else waffled.

He was literally the best (most accurate) reporter on the subject. I can find him grating at times but there's no arguing against his reporting here.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back