PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could we see a rd 2 of the 2007 AFCCG ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best part was seeing Tomlinson pouting on the bench with his helmet visor down.

4268b6e5-caa4-41e8-8723-7475ddbd2ed1_1.03fd654bd2f2951eaef0b04bacf11464.jpeg

Only a few may remember this, but the Pats last drive was epic. No points, but they killed the last like 9 minutes off the clock. I'm sure when the Chargers gave up the ball with 9 and half minutes left they were expecting to see the ball again, but no such luck.

Maroney's shining moment where you thought he had made his break through.......

Maroney's shining moment where you thought he had made his break through.......
They wouldn't have gotten past SD if it wasn't for him. Maybe JAX as well

yes...why not ?

Ravens going to pound the Chargers

I think the opposite actually. Chargers are healthy now and they weren’t the first time the teams met.

It’s only a matter of time before that Ravens offense is exposed and why not this weekend.

I think the opposite actually. Chargers are healthy now and they weren’t the first time the teams met.

It’s only a matter of time before that Ravens offense is exposed and why not this weekend.
Well if you are right I hope Houston beats the Colts

2007 Pats defense gave up 17.1 points per game, and were rated 4th overall in both points and yards allowed. That defense was much better than this current one, in my opinion.

Not touting this defense,but 2007 defensive statistics were distorted because our offense put other teams in desperation mode early. That was an old defense that hadn't been replenished. Hard to compare, but it's questionable whether this defense can put it together for three games.

We're fans speculating on a message board, our "looking past" someone literally doesn't matter.

That greatly depends on why we are doing it. That it's turned into a reasonable discussion doesn't obviate the OP's trolling intent.

Not touting this defense,but 2007 defensive statistics were distorted because our offense put other teams in desperation mode early. That was an old defense that hadn't been replenished. Hard to compare, but it's questionable whether this defense can put it together for three games.

I thought the 07 defense was good but a bit overrated and for that reason.

As for this defense it’s all about stopping the run. The last 2 games were much better and they weren’t being embarrassed like they were the few games before that. Hopefully that’s a trend.

Yep, we didn’t have any business leaving SD with a victory that day. That was crazy.
And I think of it every time I see a guy make a game sealing interception and instead of immediately falling to the ground, they decide to run it back (e.g. Malcolm Butler in week 16 for Tenn vs SB 49). Butler got the TD but could easily lost the ball as happened after a Denver int in week 17 when the interceptor lateraled and lost theball.

2007 Pats defense gave up 17.1 points per game, and were rated 4th overall in both points and yards allowed. That defense was much better than this current one, in my opinion.
What helped the defense that year was the offense often getting out to such big leads,it took away the opponents running game and forced them into pass only mode...

And they gave up that 10 minute drive to start the SB which totally changed the complexion of the game. That was a SB record of only 2 possessions in a quarter. That might never be broken.

Not sure the Chargers win this weekend. I have the Ravens advancing. River's looked awful against the Broncos. I'm not sure how they won that game.

I thought the 07 defense was good but a bit overrated and for that reason.

As for this defense it’s all about stopping the run. The last 2 games were much better and they weren’t being embarrassed like they were the few games before that. Hopefully that’s a trend.

Yeah, this defense has a great secondary, but if they can't stop the run, collapse the pocket and get a pass rush without distorting [safety in the box, too much LB blitz to offset etc.] it will be the same old story. Last year they patched well, but lack of DL, lb caught up to them. I think we have enough to not collapse, but it's up to performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back