PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could we see a rd 2 of the 2007 AFCCG ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chargers are streaky

I think LAC is trending down based on their last few games. Can’t control a game

Rivers' completion percentage has been trending down the past couple-three games. Picked off twice each game. Sacked five times by KCY, four more by the Ravens.

Looked much worse than he did earlier in the season. Not on the injury report, though. ;)

2007 Pats defense gave up 17.1 points per game, and were rated 4th overall in both points and yards allowed. That defense was much better than this current one, in my opinion.

That was the next-to-last season for the 2003-04 defense playing together, IIRC.

2007 Pats defense gave up 17.1 points per game, and were rated 4th overall in both points and yards allowed. That defense was much better than this current one, in my opinion.

Have difficulty comparing teams as the league, its rules and both teams have changed a bit since 2007.. currently on paper both teams look pretty much equal in points and points allowed.. if LAC is the opponent should be a good game..

The defense seems to be getting better, but difficult to tell based on the final two opponents.. the Pitt D gameplan was pretty good as well, considering how many weapons they have..

If we see a rematch of the ‘07 AFCCG it may not go down the way we hope it does. LA has some big, powerful WRs, a decent RB, a shutdown CB, and guys like Bosa and Ingram on the defensive front. I think that it would be a big challenge.

I think the defenses are fairly equal. LA has a small advantage on the DL but overall not much difference imo. On offense they got weapons but they are streaky. Belichick runs circles around Lynn.

Overall it looks like a pretty even matchup on paper.

That being said, for some reason the New England defense plays like the 1985 Bears at home. Ok, half joking, but seriously they are like a top 2 or top 3 DVOA team on defense at home this year.

Considering we would play LA at home, despite Rivers being better on the road, I would be pretty confident that we come out on top.

If we see a rematch of the ‘07 AFCCG it may not go down the way we hope it does. LA has some big, powerful WRs, a decent RB, a shutdown CB, and guys like Bosa and Ingram on the defensive front. I think that it would be a big challenge.

And derwin james

Wow. I was still following the "are the Chargers better or worse than....." train of thought. Ok maybe it was more than my third glass of wine.

I always felt the 2007 defense was aging out, but it benefited statistically from teams having to throw to keep up with the offense for much of the season. Defending against one-dimensional offenses is always a bonus.

No

Never put your piggy bank on Rivers to come through. This is supposed to be the best team that he has ever had too. I will be shocked if the Ravens dont win.

I usually track my wine consumption in "bottles". It just seems easier to count the number of empties than to try to remember "glasses".
Tracking bottles is the only way to do it even then it was hard.

Our gracious hosts last night must have topped off my glass of wine at least 7 times

Is this Patriots team better or worse than the ‘07-‘08 Patriots?
07 had better WRs, DL.

18 has better RBs, OL, TE, CBs and Safeties.

LBs were even. 07 Bru was not 04 Bru.

I think Tom is a better QB and BB a better coach now.

I usually track my wine consumption in "bottles". It just seems easier to count the number of empties than to try to remember "glasses".

There is a store here called Lukas Liquors.

You would not believe the wine selection. If they dont have it, its still on the vine.

There is no game but the next one and we don't even know who that opponent will be but any real Pats fan knows whoever it is they deserve more respect than being looked past. Looking down the road at any potential AFCCG opponent is foolish never mind contrasting it with a game from 11 freaking years ago just to have an excuse to diss Brady or the Pats. The shtick is lame

We're fans speculating on a message board, our "looking past" someone literally doesn't matter.

I always felt the 2007 defense was aging out, but it benefited statistically from teams having to throw to keep up with the offense for much of the season. Defending against one-dimensional offenses is always a bonus.
Yes. '07 was a case of defense by offense, so to speak. That O made things a lot easier on what would otherwise have been an exposable D.

Four players would play in both games: Brady, Rivers, Gates and Ghost. Maybe they can do the coin flip.

I'm not even sure if the TV producers in the pre-game could make much of a story about a 'rematch'. Maybe.

Yes. '07 was a case of defense by offense, so to speak. That O made things a lot easier on what would otherwise have been an exposable D.
07 red zone D was brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye